Need help with enclosed front porch
Kalee Ackerman
I have an enclosed front porch that needs help! This porch leads to the front door of our house. Therefore, it is heavily used but not by as, only guests. The floors are painted gray (which i'd prefer to keep if possible) but need help with design/paint colors. When you walk in theres an entire wall and to the right we have windows that wrap around and to the left is the door and there's some small wall space. Suggestions welcome! The view is coming from our front door (which goes into the living room).
carole
how about a nice sunroom???
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 1:48PM
Patricia Pelgrims
Empty the space first of all ! That way you have a clear view of how you an arrange this porch into a welcoming entrance to your home.

Before you start thinking about colours I'd suggest you plan out a space for coats, umbrellas, walking sticks...., a bench, a mirror and a rug. A large houseplant for impact. Blinds....and a new light fitting.
5 Likes    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 1:49PM
Aja Mazin
DECLUTTER?
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 1:50PM
Blinds Direct Canada
I would recommend Shutters I think it will fit the room perfectly. It will also help keep the cold out .
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/shutters-toronto/pvc-polysatin-shutters.html
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 2:07PM
olldroo
You really need to decide just how you want to use this space, it could be a sitting area as carole suggested, a mud room or just add a cloak cupboard and bench to remove shoes and still have a sitting area similar to Patricia's idea, a play area for children in wet/cold weather, the choice is yours. The grey flooring will go well with pretty much any colour scheme, so again you need to narrow that down to colours you like or colours the room might need. Is it a cold room that you would need warm colours to make it inviting or does it get a lot of sun and need cooler colours.

For a sitting area, obviously your rockers would be appropriate, add some colourful cushions for comfort and a nice wicker sofa

]
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 8:28PM
jaxsen
I have a porch just like this over looking the front yard which over looks the lake... I painted it Red but you could do any color all trim white and put down a hardwood floor, warms it right up with just the floor. I have a daybed on mine with 2 white rockers.. a small area rug and the porch is to low for a ceiling fan so get that out. I also removed the windows on the front and put in a 6 ft slider.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 9:02PM
OnePlan
I think a run of storage cupboards beneath shuttered windows will help you find a home for all the things you wish to keep there - then maybe a coat rack / shoe rack might be useful - also a seat that can be used to put your shoes / boots back on again would be good - am adding a picture from a magazine with a cool seat and storage idea !!
    Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 2:21AM
Kalee Ackerman
Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions...I'm working on getting it cleared out (it was a catch all in remodeling and were moving back in) and will be considering all if these suggestions as we move forward!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 1:52PM
need help with kitchen, family room, and a new enclosed porch.
I do not have photos yet, but here is my dilemma: First...
ready2sail
Need help with ideas on how to waterproof front porch!
When I had my house renovated I was on a strict limited...
ameyc2
Help how to enclose back porch for laundry room
we have a wrap around porch. the maste bedroom has...
Scott Hicks
Need Help What to do w/ front of house-porch possibly? Fence?
House built in 1949. Did a few updates already. Enclosed...
saschman
Need a second door at least 6 feet from front door, enclosed porch
Essentially we want to build a small "mud room " onto...
Angela Petruncio
Hardwood Floor Staining
Am out of town and just asked our builder to send pics...
dnamama
My new kitchen...
I designed my kitchen Island facing away from cooktop...
alexm364
Need some visual aids
I want to mix some of my traditional furnishings with...
nedrawissinger
Last chance for curtains - yes/no?
Our house is very much a reno work in progress - please...
oleigh
Damask wall to wall carpet?
Painted a large basement room that includes a small...
cguinard