Faucet and hardware finishes
garyhutchison
March 2, 2013 in Photo Questions
We are about to order our bathroom hardware. Our shower, vanity and roman tub are brushed nickel. The counter is black, vanity cabinet, antique white with black pulls, birch colored tiles. We are considering the rest of the hardware in the room to be black. Towel racks, door knobs/hinges, frameless shower hardware, recessed light fixtures, etc. Is it ok to mix these finishes or do we need to match all hardware as stainless? This picture shows a mix?
Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
Mixing and matching finishes looks great here, don't you think? :) Rhoda
March 3, 2013 at 6:05pm     
garyhutchison
I like it but I am not a designer. :-( I am leaning toward a mix in our bathroom remodel but I am a little worried about the mix. Our room will be a little like this one with a black, leathered granite countertop with white undermounted sinks. I chose brushed stainless for the fixtures because I was worried about too much dark with dark faucets on a black counter. Personaly, I like the "pop" of the black knobs on the light doors. :-)
March 4, 2013 at 7:15am   
Kayron Brewer, CKD, CBD / Studio K B
With mixing finishes, it takes balance. With some clients, they may like the mixture as shown in the photo above, but for their particular house or room, it may not work as well. Each is a unique space. I would suggest being careful of too much "checkering" of black. The process is very much like putting the right combination of jewelry with the right outfit without going overboard.
March 24, 2013 at 3:19pm   
garyhutchison
Thank you for the replies. I am going with the mix. :-)
March 27, 2013 at 6:18pm   
laurenlwhite
I worry about mixing. I chose a Delta stainless finish on my faucets but wonder what sconce finish I could do. Is Antique nickel close or should I do a contrast like Venetian bronze?
February 17, 2014 at 7:02pm   
lauralena
Probably too late to chime in, but I did a brushed nickel light fixture with my Delta stainless faucet, and it looks great!
April 16, 2014 at 12:50pm   
patio
Do i need to pull permits for patio
Living room furniture, rug and colors?!
I'm trying to work out what to do in this room. The...
Oak kitchen and granite countertops
Emerald pearl granite countertops with honey oak kitchen:...
Pallaidan Window (House built 1994)
I would like to get rid of my palladian windows, add...
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...