How do i strip wallpaper that has been painted?
sandykayprincess
any tips?
Ironwood Builders
DIF makes a tool called a "paper tiger". It has three spur shells that puncture the paper to allow the DIF enzyme behind the paper to dissolve the glue. Instructions are on the package. Most hardware stores carry DIF products.
March 3, 2013 at 6:26am   
sandykayprincess
already have scored paper and tried hot water with no results . so now i need to buy a enzyme?
March 3, 2013 at 1:52pm   
Mega Builders
Professional wall paper removers use steam. It peals right off. You can rent this equipment. The time saved is well worth it, IMHO.
Good luck!
March 3, 2013 at 2:10pm   
HERE Design and Architecture
Many years ago, I used the steam from a traveling iron and that worked fine :)
March 3, 2013 at 2:12pm   
sandykayprincess
So not helpful. Already tried this. ..
March 3, 2013 at 5:33pm   
HERE Design and Architecture
Sorry :(
March 3, 2013 at 5:46pm   
Design & Decor By Shelley
I used Downy Fabric Softener..I mixed about 4 tbsp. to warm water (900 ml spray bottle) Spray the paper really well (soak it) and it pretty much falls off..You still have to use a scraper especially if you have painted paper to deal with..Good Luck..
March 3, 2013 at 5:52pm   
apple_pie_order
If you have tried everything, hire a professional wallpaper remover. They can work wonders.

Sometimes there is no choice but to use a plain paper over painted wallpaper. These are papers designed to be painted over. Some have embossed patterns such as anaglypta. Think of the extra layers of paper as extra insulation and move on with your decorating plans.
March 3, 2013 at 6:13pm   
design wallcovering
We are a professional wallcovering removal/installation company and I'd be happy to help you with a few tips. First of all, do NOT use a paper tiger - it will puncture the drywall under the paper which will swell when moisture gets on it, puff up and create a lot of wall damage when you scrape.

Painted paper can be quite easy to remove, but the key is to shave off the painted layer, not try to soak through it or steam it. Use a 4" razor tool like this: http://hydestore.com/hyde-tools-33110-metal-wallpaper-shaver-4.html Here is a link to an article we wrote on removal for an industry magazine: http://digital.turn-page.com/i/84561 Hope it helps. If you're still stuck, feel free to contact us.
March 3, 2013 at 6:42pm   
Height of bed in relation to night tables???
We recently purchased a new bedroom set and I am not...
What color should we paint our two front double doors?
The shutters and double doors are now black. We would...
Looking for advice of updating home exterior
We bought our house about a year ago and have been...
Need help with our living room
I need help on how to design our living room, and put...
I need help in my foyer
I have a really big ledge in my new foyer. It's about...