color scheme help
katiebb
March 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Royal/Navyish Blue and white herringbone rug, white couch, warm gray/beige walls....what pops of colors for throw pillows and curtains? I know there are probably a million good options but I am second guessing myself whenever I head down a path. Would love a subtle pattern in the curtains with a color and white, too. Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cheery Curtains
Hope these curtain designs will give you some inspirations. Mouse over the image for a better view. Yet it may be better if you can post some photos so that I can give better advice.

For more curtain designs, welcome to our website or just contact me directly at nophie@cheerycurtains.com :)

Nophie
Cheery Curtains
Email: nophie@cheerycurtains.com
March 3, 2013 at 11:59PM   
PRO
ASVInteriors
If you had had only your white and blue - pops of citrus yellow, emerald green or even turquoise could have worked. But as you have a greige or taupe on your walls, it creates a more understated effect that is grounding and has more gravitas.
To keep in line with this thinking I would add colours that are also muted but bright: instead of citrus yellow = yellow ochre, instead of emerald green = moss green instead of turquoise = a slate blue etc etc.
For your curtains I would avoid white but continue on with the colour of your wall and then include a subtle pattern that incorporates the blue from your rug
Guest Room
Living Room
March 4, 2013 at 1:13AM     
charleee
The blue and white sound clean and crisp but the gray/beige doesn't really seem to go! I would look into painting the walls a different color, maybe a pale yellow?
March 4, 2013 at 3:12AM   
olldroo
Can we see a photo please - a lot of things to be taken into consideration in chosing colours. Citrine looks great, as does lime and I also like coral/ochre.

[houzz=
]
March 4, 2013 at 4:12AM   
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
I like ASV"s suggestion of yellow ochre....this print has some of it in it, plus your other colors, you could do pillows in solid yellow ochre with this. http://www.fschumacher.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=65813
March 4, 2013 at 4:43AM   
katiebb
I have added a picture of paint and windows, it's BM Pale Oak (freshly painted and excited about it) and new rug. The couch is en route, white Ikea Ektorp with Chaise, and also white expedit media center. Thanks so so much for the advice!!
March 4, 2013 at 4:53AM   
PRO
The herringbone in the carpet is smallish so think you need to bring in some more navy in the room to give it a convincing presence on your color scheme as well. Maybe via cushions or a small upholstered piece.
March 4, 2013 at 4:57AM   
katiebb
Yes, I was considering navy in the curtains but didn't want to seem too matchy, I'm so clueless. Navy in an upholstered piece is a great suggestion, too.
March 4, 2013 at 5:03AM   
0825sam
Here's a photo with yellow and some similar elements

March 4, 2013 at 5:18AM     
PRO
I remember an old rule from the 80's, that the main color had to appear 3 times in a room, hehehe. I'm sure it's not done like that anymore, but you can see what I mean. Lvoe the pic above, it's 3 times there too.
March 4, 2013 at 5:36AM