Help!! How would you plan out the rest of this space
ssarni
I just had the shower area redone and now I can't decide where to put some wall cabinets on the left hand side of my bathroom where the sink and toilet live. I plan to have the same color granite counter top installed to the left of the sink cab to serve as a makeup vanity area. I also plan to use this mirror. Do I put the silver mirror over the sink or over the makeup counter? I want to have some sort of symmetry. I appreciate any thoughts!
Madeline
The "real-life" designers will check in, they're probably doing their day jobs! IMHO you will need mirrors (the one above the sink could hide a recessed cabinet for storage) above both areas, the sink and the vanity, as well as proper lighting for both areas. Do you plan to change out the current cabinet? and when you add the granite for the vanity area will it then be a large slab with a cut-out for the sink?
March 4, 2013 at 9:05am   
printesa
I would put the mirror above the sink. I'm not sure how it would look to have it to the side, above the make-up vanity area. I think it would be unbalanced. You could add some floating shelves above the vanity area.
March 4, 2013 at 9:16am   
ssarni
Madeline, thank you...I am keeping the base cab and my granite slab is a "utility top" -no cutout.
March 4, 2013 at 9:26am   
ssarni
printesa...thank you as well!
March 4, 2013 at 9:27am   
HI -- Can you get another exact same mirror , then you would have one for each area. Then you may need a smaller standing mirror to do close up makeup . OR use that mirror in another room and have a full mirror installed to cover that whole area .
March 4, 2013 at 9:32am   
ssarni
I agree that i need 2 mirrors, 1 above the sink and 1 above the makeup area. How do I tie in the silver on the 1 mirror to a medicine cab/mirror? should I do a white med cab and put up a white cab above the toilet and leave the silver mirror for over the makeup area??
March 4, 2013 at 9:37am   
ssarni
lefty47 - Thanks ! Unfortunately I can't get another mirror like the one in the pic :( I was thinking of that. I could install an area mirror, but it's not my first choice.
March 4, 2013 at 9:42am   
McLarrin Flooring & Counter Tops
I would put the framed mirror above the sink top. If you need to, purchase a lighted make-up mirror for the vanity area. Shelving might be a good idea for above the vanity. You would have to be careful not to "clutter" them. I would probably tend to put two coordinating wall art pieces on both sides of the mirror.
March 4, 2013 at 9:47am   
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Kitchen design help
All of this is going except the appliances. Going with...
Fireplace Disaster!
Hi everyone! I am a second year law student with a...
dining room
How should I decorate this dining room?
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....