Need help with colors and lighting
Gautham Ji
Hi,
We just bought anew flat in Bangalore, India. It's small and has 3 bedrooms, 2 balconies and of course a living room and a kitchen. It's just about nearing completion. Next week I shall begin paint and woodwork. Now, I've found a number beautiful designs online and in shop. But, it's hard for me to pick because I know that a bunch of pretty designs may not work work well if the colors and designs collide with one another. Some advice here will be much appreciated. Like for instance, I could have my kitchen all white or all brown, i will like both but I also like my living room walls olive green. I like my floor wooden, I also like marble. My bar unit could be all white or rosewood. My wardrobe, again quite a few options there. I just don't know where to start, there are just too many things. Should I first do my floor and walls and then match my furniture? or the other way round? Help me please? I have attached my floor plan if that at all helps. Thank you.
Gautham Ji
The door at the bottom left is the entrance and the cut portion on bottom right is my neighbor's bedroom.
March 4, 2013 at 10:54AM   
Inner Space
Gautam;
Your apartment is fairly well sized to design in many of the elements you've mentioned. However just picking and placing objects and pieces won't get you a place that blends all of these in.
In terms of colours, white is a good colour for the kitchen, provided you have a well thought out way of keeping it clean! With the kind of cooking we do in India, this is important :) Having said that we've done all white kitchens which look fabulous and are also easy to maintain. Eventually a lot of it boils down to your personal tastes as well.

All the best!

Cheers!
Yogesh
March 22, 2013 at 6:14AM     
JWinteriors
Starting with the bedroom suites...have your bedding selected. Choose a color that coordinates. You can accent the headboard walls with a darker color and carry that darker color into bathroom on the walls, or continue bedroom color and carry the accent color into your towels and shower curtain. I would paint kitchen and 2 dining room walls the same color, selecting a darker color for the drama in the dining room and contrast with your kitchen cupboards (such as your green color). The other walls in your living room, foyer and hallway, should be your neutral color such as a camel or warm gray. This neutral is bumping up against all of your other room colors. So, it will make a good transition from room to room. On the bold side, you could find a great wallpaper for the two walls in the dining room. Don't forget to play up your foyer with furniture for that first look impact.
Selecting your bedding first, allows you to tweak your paint color and hue, and the darkness of your color. Enjoy.
March 22, 2013 at 6:35AM     
White kitchen looks good with wood flooring.
March 22, 2013 at 7:03AM     
Lifestyle Decor
Gautam,

The key to interiors is blending it with your lifestyle and bring in a decor that accentuates the elements that make the place prominent in aspects you believe makes you come back to it everyday.

For example, the Living, Dining is an interesting L shape that you can transform into a beautiful largish looking centerpiece, throw in some good garden work in your balcony and you can bring in greenery withou making it look clustered....happy to share more...you are probably already half way down your interiors? Post your images and we can help

LifestyleDecor
April 20, 2013 at 8:43PM     
Gautham Ji
Thank you all. Interiors are underway. I will definitely post pictures. This site and its members are the best. So much to thank them for. See you all soon.
April 22, 2013 at 8:34PM   
Lifestyle Decor
Gautham, love to see your interiors...you have nice balconies hope have done up those..post the pics - Cheers
July 28, 2013 at 11:56PM   
Help! Need help with Family Room decor, lighting and wall color.
This is our family/tv/gaming room, need help with wall...
I need help with deciding to go with a light colored sectional or a darker color
I have a condo without much light. I have Light travertine...
Need help with coloring for wainscoting...NO LIGHT COLORS!
We have 4 small children which means white wainscoting...
Need help with finding accent colors to light up my wall color
Bonjour, We have painted our basement wall with...
Need help with paint color and lighting
My bathroom color is dated it was like this when we...
Window treatment help.
Hello there! I need help for a good window treatment....
Please help me brighten up my dungeon kitchen!
Earlier this summer we purchased a 1907 Victorian....
Urgent, help with countertop decision!
Long story short. I was only told yesterday that the...
What color walls for living room? Leave or update?
The walls were done before I updated the upholstery...
Need help for my kitchen/dining/living
Hi, My partner and I are in a huge dilemma. We own...