Art work for kitchen
Judy C
This is my new dining room. The walls are red tomato and toasted bagel. I need something large to hang above the buffet. Maybe a tapestry? What do you think?
Judy C
I posted the same picture twice...this is the buffet
March 4, 2013 at 6:09pm   
the essentials inside
Hi Judy C. Is everything else the way you want it and you are just looking for something over the buffet?

Is the dining room closed off except for the entry way or does it open into another room?

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
March 4, 2013 at 6:13pm   
Judy C
It is open to the front entry hall and also to the kitchen. The curtains on either side of the picture are temporary until I finish a set of romas shades that are still under construction. I have a couple of plates/plaques and other items I want to hang on the wall with the tree. The door to the foyer is on the other side of the china cabinet, and the door to the kitchen is on the tree wall. I tried to pull colors from the picture and am very happy with the results. I actually saw a different buffet just last night that is shorter and shallower and much more interesting than the one I have. I still think I want one large item over whichever buffet I end up with. Don't suggest a mirror; my seat is at the other end on the table and I don't think I want to sit and watch myself eat! lol
March 5, 2013 at 5:33am     
Interiors International, Inc.
I think you need to find the piece that speaks to you. While looking for art is such a personal thing you need to love the piece. You shouldn't just hang something that matches the walls.
March 5, 2013 at 5:40am     
Judy C
True. I really am intrigued by the Bayeax Tapestry and wondering if a reproduction or even a print of a panel would be too cheesy.
March 5, 2013 at 5:56am   
apple_pie_order
I think you can buy kits to embroider parts of the Bayeaux Tapestry. The real thing is quite large.
Read up on it here: http://www.needlenthread.com/2009/04/bayeux-embroidery-kit.html or http://www.bayeux-broderie.com/index.htm?lang=en
March 5, 2013 at 6:11am   
Judy C
there are a couple of panels that depict feasting. I don't mind watching other people eat. haha
March 5, 2013 at 6:31am   
MARLENE BURNS FINE ART
i've got a 3'x4' vertical painting that would be perfect to go above your buffet.
contact me at info@art-marlenebunrs.com
March 5, 2013 at 7:59am   
second floor patio flooring
Hi, I live in a second floor condo. It has a covered...
Question about subway tile
Can you use subway tile on bathroom floors?
Exterior update
What can we do to spruce up the exterior of this house?...
Any suggestions on how to update the most hideous fireplace on the pla
Moving to a rented apartment and this is the fire place...
Help! Having trouble deciding on countertop color!
So I chose to go with the contemporary white cabinetry...