How to 'make cosy' a newly painted living room?
2bsmaller
So, we've just repainted our living room and are really happy with the results BUT I'm just wondering how I can make the room seem less 'flat'. We've got leather sofas, freshly painted walls, art in crisp black frames on the walls, and dark wooden floors. It's bright and fresh but seems a little on the impersonal (or 'cool'; I'm struggling to describe it) side- do I need more soft furnishings? Thoughts welcome :-)
thamaray
I think you would need to introduce your personal details in it ie family picwsw. Also from what you say, you need to introduce some bling ie silver bowl or candles in blingy holders. Nothing too over the top just enough to add small sparkle
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 4:24AM
2bsmaller
OK; that's food for thought. Thanks! @thamaray
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 5:09AM
thamaray
I suggest go to Sarah Richardson website she has great ideas on how to add glamour and style to a space
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 5:11AM
JWinteriors
Add creamy floor to ceiling window panels..it will go with the glam, but add the element of softness and coziness you are looking for. Creamy shag area rug gives off the same message. Throws, pillows.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 5:20AM
It is amazing how the eye picks up on visual cues from texture: if I see a soft velvet or suede I want to touch it; if I see a cable knit throw I feel warm and cosy; high sheen gloss lacquer feels cool etc etc. work on textures to add the life to your room. Think linen, burlap, velvet, cow hide, knits, felt, patent leather, leather, wood, glass .... All these give rise to strong associations. This can take any form: rugs, cushions, frames, light shades, side tables or throws - even a stand alone chair
1 Like   March 5, 2013 at 5:25AM
Interiors International, Inc.
Without good pictures it is very difficult to give any intelligent pertinent advise.
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 5:26AM
Kitchen remodeling
My sister just moved bought a house which already has...
melmelia
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Pros and cons of a gas fireplace?
The house we are considering purchasing has a gas fireplace....
tcrjmr
Dysfunctional family room
This community was so helpful with my pantry dilemma...
Laurie
Does painting a ceiling a color make the ceiling feel low?
I have 8 ft ceilings in my girls room. The linen I...
ravdeutsch