Breakfast nook ideas
swyman81
Any suggestions on wall color and table ideas?
Angela Willis
Built in Banquette.
March 5, 2013 at 4:50pm     
Mary Morrow
Sherman Williams tony taupe 7023
March 5, 2013 at 4:50pm   
Fromunda-Woodworking
I will do an upholstered corner bench (with storage under the seats) European style. Add a rectangular table and 3 chairs on the outside (if needed) . The wall color is OK.
Why the kitchen cabinets did not go up to ceiling? I call that space dust collector.
March 5, 2013 at 4:52pm     
Tammi Lange
Pier one has a table in their new flyer. espresso legs with clear sqaure glass table top wit white chairs with a cut out back...would be perfecrt with the picture shown in the ad also.Can someone attach the image...I'm unable to at this time.
March 5, 2013 at 4:53pm     
Lori Davis
Can't use too big of a table because it would block the door to the deck. I second the banquette idea. A retangular table would probably be best.
March 5, 2013 at 4:53pm     
Paula Maccarone Spinelli
I think a round table would work best. You wouldn't block the door and more people can sit at a round table. Also with a leaf it becomes oval...
March 5, 2013 at 4:56pm     
Vito Villa
Consider a pub style breakfast set tall stools tall table. Rectangular for space and view.
March 5, 2013 at 4:58pm     
Kelly
Round glass top with fab upholstered chairs
March 5, 2013 at 4:59pm     
Vito Villa
March 5, 2013 at 5:02pm     
Fran Vallone
i could see this being very light and airy - with a aqua / straw pattern wallpaper on stencil on the walls and L shaped Banquette Seating - the back of L dividing the kitchen and dinning and the back of the seating picking up the straight lines moulding of the cabinets
March 5, 2013 at 5:05pm     
Brenda Mullett
Use a settee and rectangle table like pictured. Mix and match fabric chairs. Have fun!
March 5, 2013 at 5:08pm     
Maureen Randall
old farmhouse table, with mix/match chairs all painted and distressed in white/off white. Sisal rug underneath table. Love the wall color as is, or a pale gray. I found a great use of unique ornate serving platters of all different sizes displayed on the wall. Also, some nice contrasting drapes, not too long though would look amazing or bamboo shades...lovely kitchen whatever you decide...best of luck to you!
March 5, 2013 at 5:15pm     
Sylvia Koreen
Brenda M. Yes, that is a beautiful solution! I would avoid a "built in" corner bench. They may look nice, but they really aren't that comfortable. The settee and rectangular table = nice. Keep the upholstery white or nearly white to keep the room light and bright. Your favorite kind of wood table and a colorful carpet. Flowers on the table. voila .
March 5, 2013 at 5:23pm     
Interior Concepts
An upholstered bench built in under the window, with an oval table, to curb the rectangular shape of the room, and give a softer look, while also making it easier to pass by to the door without sharp corners of a rectangular table. I would use a free standing upholstered bench opposite the built in bench, and 2 round back chairs for either end. I cannot get a good look at the wall across from the windows, but if it is unobstructed, I would use a large scale art piece to add drama, but not take up space.
March 5, 2013 at 5:23pm     
Tiffany Schnierle_Buckner
This space would be perfect for the Restoration Hardware 17th C. Monastery table in Grey Acacia with some linen upholstered chairs!! Love that look. If probably change the drum shade to a more airy chandelier with lots of interest. It could be a beautiful but casual and functional space and it looks good sized! Here's the table I'm talking about. They also have it in round if you prefer that bit I think you have the space for a rectangle table.
March 5, 2013 at 5:33pm     
Kathryn Peltier Design
The room looks a bit longer than it is wide so I would consider doing a round dining table. Beyond that, it depends upon the style you are trying to create. For instance, for a handwrought look, you could use a vintage wrought iron table with a glass, tile or maybe metal (zinc? copper?) top, A round table will make the whole room less of a long rectangle, will match the light fixture and add a new shape to the kitchen. Plus, round tables are more conducive to conversation :-) A rectangular glass vintage patio table would be interesting, though, too. If you want wood, then I would go either really dark - almost black - or really light (as in a bleached look) The upside of using a wood table is that you could get one with leaves. How about a wood table in a colorful stain? Green, gray (for a more monochromatic look), even something bright like orange could work. Lastly, if you want something very contemporary, I would do a metal table (st.st.?) with a glass top and simple, Parsons-like chairs. Whatever style you like, I think it will work as long as you don't try to match the floor with a woodtone.
Joni Spear Interior Design
New York City Loft
Crisp Architects
Kitchen
March 5, 2013 at 5:33pm     
Dani
I like the idea mentioned before about a corner bench..not sure if windows are too low to make a high back board? If anything pillows can be used.

Maybe get rid of the low hanging light…switch it up for something that gives off more light and is positioned higher. maybe even wall lights above your window? for table, if you dont want it obstructing your doors…a rectangle table in distressed wood that shows some character would be cool…i even dare to suggest a white-ish marble table? but thats all depending on your kitchen counter tops (cant really see), lifestyle and preferences of course.

Ex:

Good Luck! ^^
March 5, 2013 at 5:36pm     
Carole Martin_Timberlake
Small walnut trestle table with benches to slide under. S. Timberlake Company in Bethel Maine maker of Shaker and custom furniture. www.stimberlake.com
March 5, 2013 at 5:41pm     
Erica McQuillen-Romanowski
I Think an L shaped bench table would be great up against the wall with the door> Should be a dark colored wood as to match the flooring.
March 5, 2013 at 5:52pm   
njrealtor
Round glass top table
March 5, 2013 at 6:04pm   
cgbtoo
Really nice kitchen and I love the floors. I agree with the idea of a built in bench with storage You can make it comfortable by adding extra padding on the back and seat and some colorful pillows in whatever color you prefer. Good luck, let us the finished area when you decide.
March 5, 2013 at 6:12pm   
H.M.I Designs
Love the banquette! Ballard designs has a ready to go one. You can choose your fabric from them.
March 5, 2013 at 6:17pm   
aqelvis
Hard to tell the wall color, but it really depends on your design...I would personally put in some window coverings, paint the walls a light soft color like candle light....check out Behr's color called Malted Milk...almost has a background pinkish tone without coming across that way, I would change the lighting because for my taste it is too contemporary or retro, replace with a wrought iron looking casual chandelier, and for a table, either a black distressed table and chairs, or wrought iron with a glass top and chairs with upholstered seats to tie in with the window coverings.....but that's just me....
March 5, 2013 at 6:26pm   
Keitha
Some other banquette ideas... Love your kitchen!
March 5, 2013 at 6:37pm     
Barbara Collins Design
The space needs to be brightly painted...bright green or yellow. Hang a more modern lamp. There should be a banquette against the wall with a floral pattern. The table should be glass and chrome and two lucite chairs should be across from the banquette with pads that match the banquette pattern.
March 5, 2013 at 7:19pm   
Rhonda Linderman
I would brighten the room with a Coconut Cream- Valspar paint-3004-2=
March 5, 2013 at 7:59pm   
Rhonda Linderman
with a side board. Possibly bigger windows.
March 5, 2013 at 8:01pm   
Places In The Home
An antique farm table, built-in banquette and tall ladder back side chairs. Color can be infused into the space easily via the banquette and optional chair cushion upholstery.
March 5, 2013 at 10:11pm     
Lori Davis
The new "This week on Houzz": Cozy Breakfast Nooks:
March 6, 2013 at 5:00am   
elvasue
Don't know how much space you have between the tops of the cabinets and the ceiling, but maybe you could add a beautiful crown molding to cabinets to reach the ceiling.
March 6, 2013 at 5:24am     
Interior Concepts
I agree, there is no good reason for such a small space above the cabinets. The other option would be to add rope lighting for ambiance.
March 6, 2013 at 6:04am     
Carole Martin_Timberlake
@design98 S.Timberlake Company in Bethel Maine builds all types of ladder back side chairs and we can built a farm table if space is big enough to allow it, a drop leaf table done in walnut might be best. www.stimberlake.com or 1-800-780-6681 to speak with Ross about design ideas.Our Shaker chair seats may be done with traditional cotton canvas tape to match any kitchen colors or fibre rush.
March 6, 2013 at 7:05am     
Marian de la Cuadra
Have a few question how many in family, size of dinning area
March 6, 2013 at 10:29am   
Installed New Breakfast Nook..need ideas for space.
As you can see, the "new" nook is in (thanks to Craigslist!)....
Decorating ideas for breakfast nook?
Any decorating ideas for this space are welcomed?
Kitchen, breakfast nook and keeping room layout idea
We are building a house and have a rather large open...
Breakfast nook idea
Do you think this type of bench would look good in...
Any idea's for this breakfast nook?
I'd like to do something more fun that just table and...
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
Vertical or horizontal tongue & groove for my bathroom
Hi Houzz-ers We're remodeling our small "master"...
House listed- need opinions what else to do1!!!!
Pictures taken before finished- what else has to be...