Please help me decide on a ceiling and trim color
jaymo1
I am ready to pick paint colors for the home we are building.I am having a real delemma trying to pick a color for the ceilings, for crown moldings, wains coating and doors. My friends say that white white ceilings are out and more of a dove white are in. They said the same goes for molding. Is there a "white" that is most popular for moldings and ceilings? Is there a special way to have the moldings pop so they don't get blended into the ceiling?
Also, is semi gloss still popular or should I go with a satin on the arched roman doors and moldings? Please help!!!!
Rockin' Fine Finish
What kind of colors do you like you can go more yellow with white like cream or more greyish or even more brown with white so all these whites can have hints of those colors. As for sheens its preference and lifestyle do you have kids or animals?semigloss is classic satin is a little more modern and there is also high gloss looks very high end . So it really depends on your likes and decor
March 5, 2013 at 6:29PM   
jaymo1
Thanks for your suggestions. My furniture is jewel tones,browns, rust, reds, burgundy. The decor is Old World, Tuscany. There are no kids or animals. I want to stay away from the Navajo white yellowy trim if possible. How would I create contrast with the ceiling and moldings?
Thanks again.
J
March 6, 2013 at 4:28AM   
Rockin' Fine Finish
To create contrast between ceiling and trim do the ceiling in flat and trim satin or semigloss that can create contrast what's your nearest paint store?
March 6, 2013 at 7:00AM     
Rockin' Fine Finish
What are your wall colors going to be ?
March 6, 2013 at 7:01AM   
Interiors International, Inc.
White ceilings will never be "out". Contrast can be achieved by changing the finish. Linen white is very popular for trim it matches almost everything.
March 6, 2013 at 7:07AM     
bumblebee728
I still love white trim as a contrast to walls with a very pale version of the wall color on the ceiling. Your crown moldings will stand out. You could also consider painting all the ceilings in your home the same color, such as a barely there, soft blue.
March 11, 2013 at 8:05PM   
cmcole1121
We are using BM dove white as trim throughout. So far we've paired with gray and blue and it looks great.
March 11, 2013 at 8:08PM   
diana201
My trim is "creamy", walls "blonde", ceiling Navajo white, all sherwin Williams.
March 11, 2013 at 8:37PM   
jaymo1
My livingromm and foyer colors are Navajo and the dining room I am thinking a pale green. I need to make the ceilings and moldings consistent throughout. What white works with both colors?
March 12, 2013 at 6:11AM   
jaymo1
Also....is semi-gloss still popular for moldings and doors or is satin the way to go? Thanks for your suggestions.
March 12, 2013 at 6:13AM   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Sheen is a personal preference and also how much use your house gets kids animal etc.
March 12, 2013 at 6:30AM   
Need help deciding on Ceiling Color, Baseboard and Trim
I am in the final stages of renovating my home and...
Please, Please help me decide on color of kitchen walls..
I've tried two colors so far, and don't love either....
Down to 2 color schemes. Please help me decide....
After several color schemes we have narrowed it down...
Help me decide on colors please
I wanna paint my apartment white which is good I have...
Bored with Dining Room!! Suggestions welcome
We used a decorator & I cannot change anything but...
Easily cleanable tiny narrow dark corridor
Hi any ideas on colours to lighten up this very narrow...
What color should I make the bench and table?
My other patio furniture is brown and a set of cream....
what can we do to make this fireplace brick wall look amazing?
Hate the paint colors, looking at taupe or greyish...