Window treatments for our new cabin
nadiaggg
We just bought a vacation cabin this year and my final design dilemma is what to do about window treatments. We have nice wood trimmed windows and don't want to block outdoor views , but it can get a little creepy at night without some privacy. I would like to use a window treatment that does not take up a lot of the window when raised - I like the look of wood blinds but I don't like the way they look when rolled up. Any suggestions?
chayasufrin
Simple roller blinds should give enough privacy in the evening but also not take up too much visual space when open
March 5, 2013 at 9:06pm   
Get roman or relaxed roman will work better with your widths - hang them above the trim line, so when they are open they resemble a pretty valance - I would hang them right at top of white wall. When open they will obscure nothing but appear as valance, but closed will help with warm and cozy feel. Since fireplace texture and hanging want to be center of focus, pull neutral gray tone from brick to bring some of that tone into the warm neutrals (with lining for privacy and warmth).

Beautiful family retreat space!
March 5, 2013 at 9:09pm     
Barbara Griffith Designs
Have you looked at lined, Roman shades in woven woods hung at the ceiling on the lower walls and at that same height on the higher wall(s)..also they should be a total of 4" wider than the outside of the window so they overlap onto the walls when down. They come in so many great textures these days.
March 5, 2013 at 9:13pm     
JMittman Designs
I agree with Barbara, woven wood shades would be a great simple look for your cabin. Horizon shades offers hundreds of textures and colors--you can see them online. Consult a local window treatment specialist in your area.
March 6, 2013 at 6:45am     
Wovens or fabric shades would do nicely. If you ever want to consider renting it when you can't be there enjoying the cabin, I've been managing one as a vacation rental for years. See it at cavecreekcabin.com.
March 6, 2013 at 8:09am   
SKP Design
Wood mini-blinds would work well too, Ikea has them at a great price and a few colors to choose from. I have used them in a cottage setting before that has a lot of wood on the interior.
March 6, 2013 at 8:16am   
nadiaggg
Thanks for all the comments! I think I'm leaning towards the woven wood shades
March 6, 2013 at 7:10pm   
Window treatments for our new den
We just renovated and are looking for ideas for window...
What window treatments for our new kitchen?
We remodeled our kitchen over 6 months ago. After all...
Bad staircase design...please help!
We are not around to monitor our new build, and ended...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
where to end backsplash?
Stove and window are on the same wall. I have 9" on...
Need help with baby room colors!!
I love eclectic bright baby rooms. I want my baby girls...
Is epoxy resin countertops a more or less green alternative than stone
I am looking for a flat black look for a modern bathroom...