Need help for my living room
svetlanastarikova
I know...hm...it is very simple, but I have no idea where to begin with ) thank you )
Have some fun! Paint your walls like this, and stencil paint your carpet with bold flowers Paint only and this room could be fabulously fun! :)

1 Like   March 5, 2013 at 9:43PM
Tres McKinney Design
The room has a beautiful quality of light and the raspberry colored furniture is fun. I would replace the two dining chairs next to the wall with a bench or banquette which will allow you to move the table towards the wall. Then have two armless chairs on the other side so you can tuck them closer to the table when they are not in use. Move the sofa to center on the end wall. Center one of the red chairs between the two windows with a table and lamp in the corner between the sofa and chair. Leave the other chair opposite it. Dry wall up the awkwardly placed wall niche. Eliminate the corner TV stand and mount a flat screened TV on the wall opposite the windows between the chair and corner. Place a cabinet under the TV for the components. Hang a mirror or large painting over the new bench in the dining area. An area rug with a pattern would add interest to the room. It could be slightly smaller than your existing rug, just anchoring the seating area, leaving the hardwood floor under the dining area.
2 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 9:58PM
svetlanastarikova
I am sorry for the quality of the photos. The colour of the furniture is red. Any way your ideas are very useful to me. I could not imagin the replacement of the furniture before ) I'm glad I can change something ))) And the carpet...I'll change it for sure. I liked the ideas. Thank you thank you very much!!!!
   March 5, 2013 at 11:54PM
Lots of potential. I would add some additional accent colors and patterns to liven up the space.

1 Like   March 6, 2013 at 6:11AM
svetlanastarikova
Thank you all! What about the curtains? Should I use long or short ones? The windows are square and the ceiling is not high enough.
   March 6, 2013 at 12:35PM
Your biggest layout pet peeve?
We've all got them. What's your biggest pet peeve...
Help with Curb Appeal!
The siding is not changing (seen on 2nd level). What...
Design Ideas for Family room
Hi, we just bought a house and I need design ideas...
To put a divider between the living and dining room or not?
Hi! I would like to seek for your advice for the following...
My living room
We recently painted our living room gray to match the...