master bedroom so dark ....and floors too.
hermajestyshnaz
How do I make this nicer cosier fit for a princess.My theme would be white and grey / off / silver
hermajestyshnaz
also have an odd corner on the left
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 3:07AM
hermajestyshnaz
by the bedside.getting rid of the curtains too!n put blinds instead ....
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 3:08AM
Consider a super-sized white / light colored area rug.

5 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 5:58AM
JMittman Designs
Do you need to take the curtains down? You could just push them to the side and add the blinds? Or will they still cover too much of the windows for you? I think they would add some of the coziness you are looking for if you can keep them open.
1 Like   March 6, 2013 at 6:03AM
hermajestyshnaz
the furnitures all not mine,the current owner,soon consider this room bare.
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 7:25PM
hermajestyshnaz
i want all white romantic and yet modern feel...like shabby chic kind of feel .
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 7:26PM
alphawolph
Maybe add silver trim around the room?
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 7:28PM
hermajestyshnaz
yeah the curtains i have in mind is with frills ...hang on I will show u
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 7:41PM
hermajestyshnaz
i am mixing old n new stuff,eclectic
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 7:45PM
Welcome Home designs
Here's a photo that might serve as inspiration for you!
With shabby chic you might want to look for furniture to distress or paint up funky and showcase your style and personality.
Make the room yours!

0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 8:11PM
hermajestyshnaz
yeah!thanks
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 8:57PM
hermajestyshnaz
antique wooden floors
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 8:59PM
JMittman Designs
Ok then! That is definitely a frilly curtain! I like the light fixture in the first picture below too.

Ave's Neutral + Coral Nursery
Ranch Home Project
Waterfall Ruffle Curtain
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:15AM
creativesewing
paint! the floor is actually not that dark, it is a warm color, the problem is the dark walls.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:28AM
Home Style
Can you paint the walls? We just did this bedroom(see before and after.) Very girly and pretty much all bedding & window treatments, since it is a rental.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:30AM
Susan_N_Chico Trujillo
if you can't paint the walls you could do large white poster paper or a roll of art paper anywhere that is showing after ur furniture is in and then hang art, photos, or even paint art yourself onto them. but if you can paint that is the way to go a light tan or off white.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:53AM
Susan_N_Chico Trujillo
oh and the large mirror is a good one if you have space
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:53AM
Gene Longo
Is that paneling on the walls in the bedroom? It looks like it and wood walls with wood floors - more like the Princess has been sent to the dungeon! You have to paint the walls a neutral color - and if it is paneling you need to consult with a paint expert on how to prepare the walls or hire a professional. Since you want a white/grey/silver theme - here are things to consider:
- Paint the room Revere Pewter from Benjamin more - one of my favorite colors! Soft, neutral, and cozy.
- Love the idea of an upholstered headboard. Lots of options out there - look online at places like Ballard Design, Overstock.com, Home Decorator's - or many retail stores sell them - depends on your price point.
- Carpet - get ride of the scatter rugs. Go to a carpet outlet and find a nice neutral shaggy remnant and have them bind it for you - usually you can find a bargain but you have to look around!
- Not sure if I would take down the drapes - I think they soften the room. I have panels and blinds in my bedroom - I did the white sheer blinds that still close for privacy. With the panels - if they are in good condition - to make them more fit for a princess - go to a fabric outlet and find some outrageous trim in your colors - and have that added to the ends - it would dress them up. If you have more to spend - well I would still do the blinds (remember soft blinds - not wood - not metal) but find some silk panels and puddle the drapes to the floor.
- Bedding - white - white - white. And layers too. You can add bling and some color with throw pillows. White sheets, white down comforter folded at the end of the bed, white blanket. A few tips - scour the retail stores for sales and my favorite is HomeGoods. Also - antique stores occasionally have vintage linens - a few white vintage pillow cases add some texture.
- Add a mirrored piece of furniture - like and end table, small chest, or desk. West Elm (online or retail) sells a great parson's desk in silver - (I think they call it metal) - would make a nice dressing table with a soft chair. Also look for a giant mirror in silver or mirrored frame to lean up against the wall.
- Lighting - Silver Mercury lamps (again try HomeGoods or TJ Maxx for great finds), if you can do a chandelier -do one with crystals for bling and sparkle!

BTW - your love seat is adorable - and is screaming for some down throw pillows - another way to add softness to your room.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 6:06AM
Home Style
You could also suspend one or several sheer fabrics from the ceiling (even one of the ruffled curtain panels) either behind the bed or else-where. ABC carpet had this nice little one--would want to see it much wider or in multiples for you. It is hung from fishing line to a dow and fabric is simply folded over.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 8:07AM
New Condo...need help with making it modern..Please help!!
Just bought this condo and none of this furniture is...
mirror..yes or no
Do you think this mirror works on this mantle? I got...
Problems with your spouse?
Do you have challenges with your spouse when you're...
Grey cabinets with dark brown wood floors?
My wife and I are building a new house and are currently...
butt board or tongue and groove
I see wonderful pictures of both and am not sure why...