Island lighing
snickmagic
We are remodeling our kitchen and love the layout. We will have an "L" shaped kitchen and island that will extend into an addition, that had till this point been family room, everything open. The dilemma I am facing is lighting over the island. The original house has 7.5 foot ceilings and the island will extend into our addition about 4 feet. The addition has 12 high ceiling, so I am stuck with this transition from lower ceiling to higher about 1/2 way over the island and trying to figure out how to light it. Current thinking is recessed lighting but I am concerned about getting enough light to island surface all the lights. Other option might be pendent style light with 1 or 2 hanging on long wires and others shorter with bottoms of light shades lined up. Or maybe something like a track that hangs in midair. I am looking for ideas...

EdG
This is a tricky one. Consider a track lighting system that allows the light fixtures to stay at a consistent level above the island no matter what the ceiling height is.

Bhatia

jamesthomas, LLC
1 Like   March 6, 2013 at 5:52AM
Ideas for a Homeschool Room with 7 computers and family room
We are a homeschooling family with tons of books. 7...
happycl8
Need to fit five kids in this room
Need to fit five kids in this room. Two 13yrs olds...
happycl8
Which kind of hood to get
Which kind of exhaust hood do you think would look...
alexap
Need to fit five kids in this room
happycl8
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
licksch