Do pot lights give a bright enough light for a kitchen, or do I need a flourescent also?
kentelle
March 6, 2013 in Other
I am planning a new kitchen and am trying to decide what kind of lighting to go with. It is a small kitchen in a condo and open to dining and living room. I like a good light when working in the kitchen.
Ironwood Builders
Recessed can lights give adequate light. Depending on ceiling height, trim configuration and type of lamping, they can provide both general lighting and task lighting. Used in conjunction with under cabinet lighting and decorative pendants, the lighting in the kitchen should be a major improvement. Explore LED recessed fixtures and LED or Xenon UC lighting. Although the initial cost is higher, the energy savings and bulb replacement cost reduction make them a worthwhile investment....both in your home and the ecology.
March 7, 2013 at 5:24AM   
lizzybethme
We have 9 foot ceilings, 6 can lights and under cabinet lights. When we first moved in, I never used the can lights because I thought they were too bright!! So I had our electrician come back and put a dimmer switch on and now I turn them on all the time! Definitely adequate light!! :)
March 7, 2013 at 5:59AM   
creeser
We have 8 pot lights in our kitchen and a chandelier (12' ceiling). I use the pot lights only most of the time and have plenty of light.
March 7, 2013 at 6:08AM   
We have five 6" pot lights in our small kitchen, plus two 4" ones as task lights over the sink. We use the sink lights most often--especially when we get up in the morning and can't face too much light before that first cup of coffee. Our previous kitchen had fluorescent under cabinet lights which looked terrible--I hated the harsh light they produced so I never used them. Our new under cabinet lights are xenon pucks--much softer.
March 7, 2013 at 6:49AM   
White kitchen cabinet color
I am using an Alaskan White granite though it turned...
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
Experience with engineered hardwood?
Hi there! We are thinking about replacing the flooring...
3 flor home design
i want build my home as 3 floor but its must have duplex...