Selecting tile color to complement the granite
bassetts
We purchased a bathroom vanity on line and we are having a hard time choosing a tile for a bathroom remodel. The granite is Brazilian Giallo Veneziano on a rich red mahogany cabinet. My husband likes the Eurasia Grigio tile which has a natural stone look. The tile brings out the grey & creamy tones in the granite but I think it will look awkward because of the dramatic look of the tile. The granite has almost a peachy look to it when I hold browns & creamy tiles next to it. The tile will cover a tub surround & floor. Any suggestions on the color tile we should choose??
karen paul interiors
One of your selections needs to be in "charge" So you must decide if your counter material has too much character for another "character" in the room, or visa versa. Whatever the statement, everything else needs to be a supporting act.
March 6, 2013 at 8:36pm     
chonnie
I agree 100% with Karen! Be careful not to mix two dominate patterns. I like the vanity top.
March 6, 2013 at 8:43pm     
mckstacy
We used almost the same granite in a recent bathroom re-do. I saw more of the yellow/sand tones in the granite. I chose a travertine looking porcelain tile floor 18 x 18 w/matching tiles for the shower/tub surround. I used honed travertine (diamond pattern) on the walls 5x5, at chair rail height topped off with a matching stone curved edge. We also used the same honed trav tiles for an accent border about 5'10" up w/matching colored thin stone pieces bordering it. There's about 2' of the porcelain tile above it, and it really looks great! And of course - you can always go w/travertine instead of porcelain tiles. I just have had too many problems with travertine "pitting" to use it on a floor again. Good luck!
March 6, 2013 at 8:58pm   
Welcome Home designs

The attached photo might help you see what the above comments mean.
A strong counter top means a softer and less obvious tile on the floor and walls.
March 6, 2013 at 9:10pm     
bassetts
I totally agree. I have chosen a travertine porcelain tile. I have 3 colors to choose from in this tile. What color scheme did you choose mckstacy? I'm looking at a creamy beige, grey and one with a yellow tint.
March 8, 2013 at 10:04am   
Need help thinking about my windows valance
I'm unsure if we should keep this valance or change...
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...
Side table
Hi guys, I'm looking for a side table that will go...
Mother in law is now coming soon, just want to get it right!!!
Hi. I am thinking about B.M. Copley gray for siding...
Front yard
Looking for some suggestions for the front yard for...