OLLD 3/7
March 7, 2013 in Other
Good morning everyone! What's happening today?
S. Thomas Kutch
Good morning Bobbi and everybody else..........."What's happening today....." Well, are we talking locally, nationally or world wide...........I don't think I have the time to hit all the happenings, but high lights maybe.......the North Koreans are planning on nuking us...... the Cardinals are gathering in Rome and will polluting the air with smoke soon.........., snow in the NE of the US.......... another shooting last night or two or three here in Memphis, I've lost count..........and George, the wino down the street knocked on my door this morning, he was lost again and seemed rather embarrassed about it so I didn't bother to mention the fact that he was not wearing any pants and it's mid 40's out. Gave him an old robe and pointed his house out to him, waved good morning to his daughter coming to get him and headed him in the right direction.............answered a couple of questions on design this morning..............and trying really hard to decide this morning's music........Black Keys, Queen or something more mellow..........hmmmmmmmm. Guess that about covers it.
March 7, 2013 at 7:06am     
Good grief! Is that true about the wino down the street? You do lead the most exciting and colorful life, I have to tell ya! How are you feeling, how's the leg today?
March 7, 2013 at 7:11am   
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi everyday is different here in the hood and exciting.....actually the hood is a couple of blocks over, but I don't think a night goes by that we don't hear gun shots somewhere close by. and George is cool..... he just forgets things at times..... at least he did have his underwear on. He's an old time carpenter.........feel off a roof a couple of years back and had some brain damage. Moved in with his daughter and even when he's slightly high on his wine or beer, he's a blast. Whenever I'm working on the house outside, he'll come down and have a chat with me and every once in awhile I'll learn something from him or an easier way of doing something.......

My life isn't all that exciting and most of the color I spread is on the canvas or paper.......I'm just observant..........goes with being an artist and having a different outlook on life and things. I'm easily entertained by watching people and things going on around me. Things most people simply overlook or don't even notice because they're too busy or wrapped up in their own little world.........I tend to see. It's all around us .... we just have to take the time to look.

Feeling pretty good today... legs feel okay today. The shot is still sore, but I'm getting more and more feeling back in the knee for the most part. Will probably just paint today though........I have some good light coming in and don't really want to do too much as tomorrow is house cleaning day and want to get it done so the weekend is open. We're supposed to get in the high 60's this weekend and I want to finish up the window closure that we started a month ago.........need to trim it out and get the siding on and the light installed in the soffit and painted.........but that will require me to break out the table saw and do some climbing on the work platforms and my wife doesn't like me doing that type of stuff unless she's here........so this weekend is a good time.
March 7, 2013 at 7:48am   
STK, how often do you have to do the harpoon thing? Sounds like today is going great for you! I'd love to see some of your work! How long have you lived in your neighborhood, I bet it wasn't like it is now when you first moved in.
March 7, 2013 at 7:54am   
Almost noon here and it is WILD. That mixture of snow and rain and high winds. Haven't heard of any flight cancellations yes, although Cape Air closed.

Had a quick job yesterday, but a fun job. This lovely friend lost her husband 2 years ago and she sold their house and is renovating the cottage they owned and will move in there. A beautiful spot and about 200 yds to the beach, very walkable and fairly year 'round.

Saw this great kitchen on houzz and took a picture with me and we continued on from there. A soft, light blue gray throughout the house, white dove woodwork, and the kitchen cabs will be white above and a dark blue gray below. She was happy when I left, so that made it special. Hard to make decisions alone when you are not used to it.

STK, are you a Steely Dan fan? "hey, 19" is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics remind us of just where we are in life.
March 7, 2013 at 8:21am     
mpoulsom
hello people! I'm here and alive to tell about it...so far anyway.
almost had a complete meltdown yesterday. well, actually i kind of did. bob, i did change the locks on the house doors. just not the 2 storage closets in the carport yet. and the garden shack does not have a proper lock on it. plus the riding mower is parked behind the garden shack under the little roof. I could go home today and it will be missing. I went around and took pictures around the house this morning just in case/ the police are not a great help, but said they could patrol the area as much as possible. oh yea, and to top everything off yesterday...when I went home to let the pups out and saw that things were gone, I got into my car and it wouldn't start! Sooo I had to walk back to work and walk home last night. I dont live far from work, but do not like walking in the dark alone. I had just had the battery replaced last week, so I called the mechanics this morning and they came to the house. It sounded like a loose wire to me...and it was. billy ray bob boy hadn't quite gotten a good connection when he connected and replaced the wire connector to my battery....so it was a hit and miss start situation. They were nice though and the car started right up after that was corrected.
all i can say is please...let this day be better. i got many texts and phone calls last night that i ignored but saved. and 2 lovely messages.
March 7, 2013 at 8:32am     
mpoulsom
judyg, can you ask that woman if she needs a room-mate. or better yet, if anyone knows of anyone outside of the country that needs a live-in artist/caretaker/handygirl....i'm up for the job! :)
March 7, 2013 at 8:35am   
S. Thomas Kutch
I have to take my shot every 28 days...... I've just been administering them to myself in the legs for the past 4 months now.......before that I went to the Doctor's office for the deep muscle injections and have been doing that for the last 3 years when they switched me to the monthly shots. Before that, since 2000, I gave myself 6 daily shots in the stomach....kinda of like insulin shots.......which was a pain, because I always had to have the stuff with me and had to keep them refrigerated, so everything had to be planned accordingly.

We've lived here in our neighborhood about 6 years and it's actually on an improvement cycle now from when we moved in. Lisa my wife had just passed the bar exam, I had taken a break from working full time due to the health issues and was working on my Master's when she was offered a job with the County Public Defender's Office. They offered the job the week before Christmas and wanted her to start work after the first of the year.......but, we had to have a county address for her to do that. At that time were we still living in Oxford, MS and had to find a place in Memphis in a week. We must have looked at a hundred different places between Christmas and New Years......we found this one for rent and decided it would do for a year until we decide which neighborhood or community we wanted to buy in...........after the first year the landlord made us an offer too good to pass up. $10k under the market value and he would right the contract up showing 100% of our first year's rent as a down payment..........we literally got in with no money down and still got $3000 back at closing. I told my wife if we didn't do anything else than slap on a couple thousand in fix ups and paint, we could always rent it out to University grad students at the college that is just 5 blocks away.

It's a mixed neighborhood of post WWII housing that was developed for all the returning vets....we have everything from professionals, professors at the college and truck drivers living around us.........I think we caught the neighborhood as it made its way from mostly rentals to new owners and a lot of remodeling work that is on going....... when I went back to work full time in the design studio with a local firm, we decided to do a complete whole house renovation. We've opened up the living areas to a great room type plan by removing 2 load bearing walls, replaced all but 2 of the existing windows and repaired much of the existing electrical.........then the economy went south. I took a layoff to save two interns their positions and then my health went down hill........so everything has slowed way down. Right now the existing condition of the renovation work is the only place we have drywall up is around the original bathroom for privacy.........everything else is bare studs. The floors are plywood sub floors and the kitchen is temporary counters and open shelving.........in short we living in a constant construction zone.

We do portions as we pay cash for them and as my health allows now........when we're completed with the work, we will have expanded the single bathroom to make way for a new wet area free standing tub and shower. The front bedroom will be expanded by a bumped out seating area and new gabled end roof to break up the rather boring front elevation.......we'll have a new 200 amp electrical system, new distributed data and TV cable system, all new plumbing and HVAC system and all new finishes.........in essence it will be a completely renovated home with a open floor plan, and wood burning stove. It will be a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, open floor plan done in a craftsman style. We figure that with my labor, we can finish the house for just under $27K in materials.........We probably are pushing the limit in the neighborhood, but in the end we'll have a very unique home for our neighborhood on the inside and still be in the market value for the neighborhood.

The majority of the homes sell in the neighborhood are selling in the high $70's to mid 90's........I don't think we'll have any problems asking $100k - $110k.......especially since the neighborhood is on a up side swing..........and if we don't decide to sell it, we will have a perfect sized home for just the two of us and just what we wanted............. if nothing else we'll sell it to her son when he gets out of the service and goes back to college at the U of M for his graphic arts degree.........
March 7, 2013 at 8:46am     
mp, run right down to your district court, see the clerk and ask him to help you get a restraining order. Do it now! Break ups are convoluted but J's behavior is aggressive, threatening and frightening. I want you to listen to me; I am not kidding.
March 7, 2013 at 8:51am     
S. Thomas Kutch
MP...........ex's can be such a pain in the butt. File a report with the PD as a burglary, list the missing items as stolen and provide a description of the suspect (ex - asshat).......you also might need to consider a restraining order. Check with your local legal aid and see what they can do to help you get one......... myself, I prefer a Mossberg 590 Tactical 12 g pump shot gun....it makes a very distinctive clacking sound when pumped that scares most folks away cause they understand you mean business..........my theory is I'll take my chances with 12 in the jury as opposed to be carried by 6 pall bearers. Hope your day goes better..............
March 7, 2013 at 9:00am   
mpoulsom
It is frightening judyg. :( I will go to the magistrate's office today. I got the run around the other day. Magistrate's office, back to the police, back to the police. I was literally crying on the phone to the police after the 3rd call I made. Told them I NEEDED help. And that I was stuck at work. I told them that I couldn't afford to miss work or I would have taken this week off. They finally sent someone to my work. Tried calling the officer this morning that came by, to give her a list of things stolen, but she was unavailable for 2 hours. Still havent heard back from her. I'll go to the magistrate's office today and demand that something be done asap. This is just not right.
March 7, 2013 at 9:01am     
MP, this is more than just not right! This is down right frightening. Seriously frightening and you need to treat it as such. Batten down and lock up EVERYTHING you can, including yourself. Set your car alarm and set your ears to listen for it. Get an alarm system for your home ASAP, even if you only contract for a year. Are you friends with your neighbors? Give them J's pic and ask them to call the police EVERY time they see him in the neighborhood. Get or rent a BIG dog!!! Not a fun, cute playful little thing, a BIG aggressive guard type dog. Make friends with the Hells Angels and invite them for dinner! Hey, it could work! Even call the local college and ask if a star linebacker is looking to rent a room. Do everything you can to protect yourself first, then your property. You must come first, this guy is looney tunes now. And be relentless with the police, remember, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
March 7, 2013 at 11:34am     
STK, you were hella lucky in your house purchase! That's so cool! And for a harpoon loving guy you sure are ambitious with your house. Did you replace the load bearing walls yourself? You must have had help with the replacement beams, no? Don't they weigh about 500 pounds? Do you have some pics you could share, I'd love to see them, seriously!
March 7, 2013 at 11:37am   
Hello all.. I've discovered here I lead a very boring life. But, it's about time. :)

mpoulsom..be careful! When emotions run high...that is dangerous. judyg...the cottage house design plans sound wonderful. Can you take before and after pics for us?

Good going STK...you have a good life and under control!
March 7, 2013 at 11:41am     
mpoulsom
oh darzy....i only wish my life (or existence...this isn't what i call life!) were boring right now.
All the neighbors have been informed and they all know what it looks like.
Hopefully my life will be boring again soon!! :)
come to think of it, my life will never be boring, but exciting in a good way soon hopefully!

bob, thanks for all the security tips! :)
March 7, 2013 at 12:12pm     
Mendi, here's another thought! Drastic, but.....give the police the keys to your house, and put a great meal in the crock pot, tell them to come help themselves! How about video surveillance just on the outside?
March 7, 2013 at 12:18pm     
mp, I do this anyway when I am alone…keep your cell with you at all times AND your car keys. Should you feel something is wrong, use the car alarm button on your fob.

I took a good friend once to the courthouse to get a restraining order. That's why they are available….for protection. Insist.
March 7, 2013 at 12:26pm     
MP, you know you can always come and stay with us if you need to :)) Might be a good idea to get away for a while!
March 7, 2013 at 12:34pm     
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi here's an old photo just after we had raised the two beams you see.........the long one (15') we man handled into place with the help of my BIL, my SIL, and my nephew. The shorter one (in the background) is 10'-6" long, that took the place of the wall between the kitchen and the dining room, was hoisted into place by my wife and I using a come along and a pair of screw jacks..........the shorter one was actually heavier than the long one.........not something I would recommend for anybody, but we were in a hurry to get the temp walls down...........I think this photo was taken back in 2008.
March 7, 2013 at 12:35pm     
Wow, that was really brave of you but then you do know what you're doing. The long one, is that the one you're standing under? And the short one is running perpendicular? I can see the kitchen behind you. What room is in front and to the side, the living room? That is one big room! How many square feet do you have total?

I guess it's true what they say about home prices in California being higher than other parts of the nation. For instance, in the Bay Area a 3/2 with about 1400 sq ft will run anywhere from $350K to $450K. But when you get in the outskirts the prices come down (and the commute goes up!) to around $200K to $300K. Before the bubble burst, there was a 1/1, 500 sq ft home with multiple offers of over a half million, BEFORE it hit the market.

And even after the bubble burst, California homes did not slide the way the rest of the nation's did. We got semi-lucky, we were able to buy this one for under $200K. The commute is a nightmare but because R is a field service tech he's all over the dang place anyway!
March 7, 2013 at 12:48pm   
mpoulsom
wow, good job STK!

bob, thank you....

went by the house and neighbors are home and all was well. i'm off tomorrow, so i'll be running unpleasant but necessary errands tomorrow i guess. oh joy. I am dreading telling my parents about this whole ordeal. once again the dumb girl who trusts and believes in the human race. I have learned throughout this, that criminals seem to be protected. what a sad thing.
March 7, 2013 at 1:05pm     
MP, it's too true, the innocent have to work so hard to protect their innocence. I guess it's budget cuts, and all that. Yuck to the errands. One way to get through the errands is to promise yourself some reward when you're done, even if it's just a frap at Starbucks :)) That always works for me.

There's no need to rush into telling your parents. As someone told me once, we're adults; we get to make the decisions as to when AND if!!! We don't have to do anything we don't want to do. Well, except work, of course.

Have you thought about changing your cell #? It's not a bad idea, then the texts and voice messages won't bother you at least. It's a hassle, but it may be worth it. If you tell your carrier you're being stalked they'll usually change it for free.

I was phone stalked once, by some woman in Guatamala!!! Can you believe that? She spoke no English, and R couldn't communicate with her because of the different dialects. My carrier changed my cell number at no charge because of it. Depending on your carrier they can often move your stored numbers from the phone you have now to a different phone or phone number.
March 7, 2013 at 1:20pm   
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi the room in the foreground (with the chair) used to be the den, that was originally an exterior porch. The beam above my head, was the original exterior wall, a load bearing wall that we took out. To the right of the picture is the doorway to the kitchen that we widened. That's just a new header the is perpendicular to the main beam. Behind the stove was another load bearing wall that we took out.....you can just barely see the beam above the stove...........to the left background is the original living room and at the end of that (opposite) the kitchen is the original dining room. They formed one long rectangular space (appx. 32'X16'). When we're done it will be one big open space save the columns for the beams and a coffee station bar / table bench island.
March 7, 2013 at 1:24pm   
OMG, you took out an EXTERIOR wall? You are one brave person, I never would even think of that, much to R's delight I'm sure. Good thing you know what you're doing. And a coffee station would be so delightful, I would love that to death. A plumbed in coffee maker.....ah, the stuff of dreams. I think we talked about this on another thread once, or an ideabook? Does your wife drink coffee? My hubby is the one person I know who could benefit the most from caffeine but he won't touch it. He leaves for work at 6:30 am and doesn't wake up til around 10. I swear, I don't know how he does it! Auto pilot, I guess.

I would really love to take down the wall between the kitchen and living room but if I did that I would lose half the kitchen cabs and the fridge. So probably not!
March 7, 2013 at 1:29pm   
lisalovesquilts
Mp I am sorry to hear about your woes. Is it mean to wish he'd fall under a bus? Trust doesn't make you dumb but the other party is merely unworthy.

We had a little drama this morning. Eldest son burst into our room with "quick wake up Dad the shower's on fire!" I've never seen a shower on fire so that was novel. Thankfully my husband has more sense than me - I wanted to throw a wet towel on it- but apparently the electricity could have been transferred if I didn't let go in time. Instead we turned the power off then doused it. It really started the day off with a buzz (no pun intended.)
March 7, 2013 at 1:29pm     
mpoulsom
thanks lisa.... everything will be okie soon i hope!
wow a fire in the shower, that IS crazy!
March 7, 2013 at 1:38pm     
Lisa! How does a shower catch fire? Weird! How did you turn the power off, at the breaker box, or fuse box, or whatever it's called? Did you have much damage?
March 7, 2013 at 1:38pm     
lisalovesquilts
Hi Bobbi. It was an electric shower so after my son turned off the water it began to spark then burst into flames. I had to run downstairs and push the switches down in the fuse box. Showers here also have separate power switches apart from the fuse box (double jeopardy) which was also turned off before my husband disconnected various wires. No damage except to the shower unit. We haven't finished the bathroom painting yet so good timing.

Bobbi I caught up with your wedding woes too just there. Good luck with whatever you decide. My own wedding was fraught but for once my side (parents only) were staying out of it (sent gifts -couldn't attend- and it was a small event- just four of us) so it went off without a hitch (pun intended!)
March 7, 2013 at 1:59pm     
mpoulsom
ok, not sure if I'm supposed to do this on here, but i thought it was too funny. one of my friends shared this with me because she knows I don't like these things (the decals). The only reason I don't like them is because it screams out too much info to strangers/criminals. That's my only beef. But there are a lot of people that have them around here on their vehicles. (and if i'm offending anyone, i apologize in advance.)
March 7, 2013 at 2:00pm     
Lisa, I've never heard of an electric shower before! That is wild! Is it electric as in heating the water? Or pumping the water?

MP, who on earth could be offended by that? It looks a lot like my family, me being so 'smart' and all! Glad you can see some humor in your day, you're so sweet :))
March 7, 2013 at 2:35pm     
mpoulsom
well i'm the last kid on the right evidently!
March 7, 2013 at 2:39pm   
Doubtful! Don't sell yourself short, ok? You're a good person! And all the OLLD's know it :))
March 7, 2013 at 2:41pm     
astraea
I wondered why I hardly got any mail today .. and then I realized I hadn't signed in here for the day!

Judy - we were spared with this nor'easter, except for it being very windy yesterday. If there were any flurries overnight, nothing stuck, and we did get some this morning, but then it turned to rain. The latest reports are that northern NJ may get 2" - 4" of snow, with decreasing amounts down the coast .. with us just getting rain. I'm grateful for that.

MP - Sorry you still feel under seige; do you think that J took things he thought were his .. even if they weren't?
March 7, 2013 at 2:55pm     
Did you all see this, 660 comments??? Man, I thought we talked alot! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/293751/I-need-desperate-help-with-decorating
March 7, 2013 at 3:20pm     
mpoulsom
astraea, he knows exactly what he's doing. he's only doing this to hurt me, because i asked him to leave. he's very vengeful and is not in his right mind at the moment. I just want him to stay away from me and my house. hopefully he'll come to his senses, like now. he needs help that i cannot give him. it's been going on for a while now. hopefully he'll move on.
March 7, 2013 at 3:39pm     
MP, he will. I promise you he will move on, it just might take a few days. Be strong! We know you are :)) And we're ALWAYS here for you!
March 7, 2013 at 3:55pm     
mpoulsom
i love you guys.....and whoop whoop i have internet again! lol
March 7, 2013 at 4:37pm     
lisalovesquilts
Hi Bobbi. An electric shower has a little pump which heats the water as you use it and I've never used one that's efficient. Many a morning I have had a sudden shower of frozen water to give me that little kick start I so badly need! I don't sing in the shower I swear! At any rate I swear better than I sing so that's ok - I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

It sounds like you guys are all getting nasty weather. It's only a bit gray and some Scotch mist here.

Mp I will be hoping for some peace and quiet for you. I also enjoy a quiet life and I miss it when there's an upset.
March 7, 2013 at 4:38pm     
mpoulsom
lisa, i cuss in the shower too if a cold splash hits! what am i saying, i don't even like it if the water pressure dies a little. that's one of my pet peeves. i think what's his name used to flush the toilet or start the dishwasher just to erk me.
March 7, 2013 at 4:59pm     
mp, you have it all. Those little cutie pets and that wonderful, beautiful Boo. She looks like you. How old is your daughter?
March 7, 2013 at 5:34pm     
I will end my night with this, as I think it is appropriate for the mood:

Who is Jack Schitt? The lineage is finally revealed! Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says: "You don't know Jack Schitt."
Now you can intellectually handle the situation:

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt.
They had one son, Jack. In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The Deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.
Against her parents objection, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout.
After being married for 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.
Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were still living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Shitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.
The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens Wedding.
The Schitt-Happens children were Daawg, Byrd, Hoarse and Bull.
Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

So now when someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt", You can correct them!
March 7, 2013 at 5:37pm     
Too funny judyg! I've always wonder WHO IS "Up"? Everyone is afraid they are going to "F" Up. :)
March 7, 2013 at 5:57pm     
Darzy, you and I were separated at birth. You know that, don't you?
March 7, 2013 at 6:00pm     
olldroo
Good afternoon all, V Busy day today, trying to put the house back together again and having a wonderful time tossing. It has become my latest hobby, and surprisingly BH is 100% behind me tossing everything old and buying anything we need nice and new and starting again. So far I have another 6 bags of linen for the Wildlife people.

Mendi, I am so sorry you are going though all this - why do so many males have the need to be such absolute bullies and conniving, manipulating ones at that. It is definitely a mental issue but one where they never see themselves as the problem. It is always if you hadn't have or had have done this or that it wouldn't have happened. Nothing is ever their fault. I'm so glad you can get what we call an AVO - but here the Police are 150% behind the woman. They take violence - mental and physical - against women in any form extremely seriously and stalking is now a criminal offence.

I hope you can leave your parents out of it, you don't need any further angst, or to be made feel you aren't worthy, when you have to just tell them you and it broke up - you moved on. Just listen to the OLLDS because we all love ya and can see the beautiful person within.

And Boo Mappin is just gorgeous, I would want to cuddle her all day.

Bobbi, you said the other day about how I cope with the mess of the renos, looking at Kutchie's photos I'm asking myself "what renos". Now that would take some living with!!! Kudos to you Kutchie and your wife, although I'm sure, like me, you are focussing on the big picture and the end result.

Lisa, your shower incident was scary. I'm surprised they allow electricty and water together like that. I had to put the switches for my ensuite lights, fan and heater in my wardrobe, so we switch things on before we go into the ensuite as inside they were too close to water.

Thislittlehouse - take note of the house prices these guys talk here. Does my mind in!!!! I would have owned a whole suburb by now.
March 7, 2013 at 6:06pm     
Judy, that is hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

MP, you go girl, keep your chin up! I'm glad you have internet again, tell those dang people to PAY THEIR BILL!

Lisa, if I got hit with a sudden stream of freezing water, you'd hear me singing all the way to your house!

Roo, you go girl too. Toss that Schitt! Get rid of it you'll probably never miss it. And if you do, you can buy new. If BH can afford to spend enough money to get to LA, you can certainly buy new linens. But it's easier if BH can be on your side, isn't it? hehehe
March 7, 2013 at 6:20pm     
olldroo
"Always See The Big Picture"

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, 'Kemo Sabe, look towards sky, what you see?

'The Lone Ranger replies, 'I see millions of stars.'

What that tell you?' asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, 'Astronomically speaking, It tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.

Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo.

Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning.

Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant.

Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What's it tell you, Tonto?'

"You dumber than buffalo. It means someone stole the tent."
March 7, 2013 at 6:23pm     
I'm stealin' that Roo! Posted it on my FB page!
March 7, 2013 at 6:27pm     
olldroo
Haven't seen that Schitt joke for years, had totally forgotten it. Now, Darzy, your query on UP is almost going to bring on a Who's on Third. I did have computer version of that somewhere.

Bobbi, all my linen is at least 30 years old - especially the bedding and I only ever bought at sale time so nothing was reeeeeealy expensive and it owes me nothing. It is all still in great condition though, just dated and boring. Told BH yesteray that it was 30 years old and his "funny" comment was it should last 40 years. No, it isn't easier having him onside - just quieter as I'm gunna get it anyway.
March 7, 2013 at 6:32pm     
mpoulsom
judyg...the daughter is 26 years young...and beautiful and tough as nails! HA! she was having a heart attack because i was letting boo handle the mixer and crack a egg! oh boy! she said she walked out today with her goldfish in a glass of water. she had taken the fish out of the aquarium and transferred him to a glass from the kitchen because she wanted to be able to have it in her hand! lol

roo that joke is a hoot...and i don't even like jokes that much. i think it's more that i can't remember them to pass them on. I used to have a neighbor who's mom was a hoot. she would get all excited about telling us a joke and then forget the punchline...that was funny to me in itself.

hey roo roo....you must have new linens for the new/old house!

ez, thank you sweetie!

bob, what up?
March 7, 2013 at 8:04pm     
Linda
Loved the jokes - I think I'll have to print the Ass family cartoon

STK - We too have our "marginal neighborhood" house but our local wino is Gino. He was drunk working on a roof and fell off. If you ever see him sober, you can hold a conversation but that's a pretty rare occasion. Unfortunately our neighborhood character won't leave until he's literally picked up and walked off the property...the police catch him trespassing in a local strip mall area where's he been banned...they release him on his own recognizance cause they don't want him either! The guy has been arrested dozens of times but he's harmless
March 7, 2013 at 9:04pm     
lisalovesquilts
Hi folks. Roo the electric switch was in a cupboard in the bathroom so not technically too near exposed water. Usually that switch would be outside in the hall but I think some corners were cut.
March 8, 2013 at 10:40am   
OLLD 7/3
Good morning, lovelies! It's 2:50am in Edmonton and...
OLLD 7/7
Good morning OLLD's! Sorry I was gone yesterday but...
OLLD 6/7
Hurricane Andrea is coming up the east coast!!
Brick help!!
We would like to add on to our home, however, our local...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Driveway dilemma
Our driveway needed to be repaved...It was torn up...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Updating a transitional to MCM living room
I would love suggestions on how to update my living...