If remodeling a whole house, is it important that all bathrooms be tied in together as far as style, color etc
downtown1
I am thinking of 1.a linear, modern, grey taupe, somewhat spalike, masculine master bath, 2.a light, white more traditional and whimsical children's bathroom and 3.a light white sleek guest bathroom (since it does not get natural light)
Would that work in the opinion of an architect, a designer and the houz community?
Ironwood Builders
A general theme of decor for the house is a good idea....hate to see the faux arts and crafts man cave in an otherwise sleek and modern house. But if the overall design aesthetic is similar an the difference is tone or texture or both, as long as there is separation between the bathrooms...no problem.
March 7, 2013 at 9:45am     
0825sam
I am not an expert, but with those descriptions I think that is absolutely fine - it doesn't sound like one is completely off from the others - not that that would necessarily even bother me in bathrooms, as I tend to think of as their own little oasis. I would care more about the bathroom complementing - without being matchy - to the room it's off of. In my house, the master is grey and white marble with contemporary fixtures; the guest bath is tans and browns and spa like with similar tile and fixtures as the master bath; and the kids' bath is cuter and more traditional. Pretty much what you are describing.
March 7, 2013 at 9:49am     
lewis + smith
I might try and bring the kid's bath a little closer in style to the other two. It can still have some whimsical features and have a more contemporary feel.
March 7, 2013 at 9:56am     
HERE Design and Architecture
I find it a little disconcerting when different spaces in the same house feel unrelated, but, I do not think it is important to make them uniform either. Try using the same materials and detailing but varying the colors. If you want a child's bathroom to be thematic, you might try including some artwork, curtains or even wallpaper to do that job for you. Those things are relatively easy to remove later and children grow up faster than we think.
March 7, 2013 at 10:11am     
0825sam
P.S. I do agree with the other comments to keep a common element. In our bathrooms, each has a contemporary 12x24 stranded porcelain tile either on the walls or the floor.
March 7, 2013 at 10:26am   
Purcell Quality, Inc.
I think HERE has great advice! Wallpaper is a great option, add lots of character and can be removed in the future.
March 7, 2013 at 10:30am   
Styling....is not my thing!
I have so much going on that it's a mess (I tried my...
Painting It Red Do I Have To Strip it?
I want to paint this white cabinet red like the one...
Lighting design
I'm building a new house and need to decide on my lighting....
Comment on the kitchen plan
Hey We recently bought a small house. How to remodel...
Living room decorating ideas for dark grey space
Our living room is a huge area which is very dark grey...