Any advice appreciated.
elmckie
I am having a very hard time with my family room- I have tried so many things to get it to work and I am still stuck. Is there a way to get all that is currently in the room to work together? The couches and tv need to stay. I bought the bench in between the windows this morning but I don't think it works. Thank you so much for any advice/suggestions! I can not wait to get this room finished!! (one more picture in post below)
elmckie
other picture.
March 7, 2013 at 10:57am   
jjandhk
hi elmckie, I think you have a wonderful room you've put together.

Did you try the small chest between the windows? The size and shape might be better than the bench.
I would position a tall bookcase, the same colour as your trim, where the small chest is now--you need some height in that corner.

Are you considering curtains for the 2 side windows--something about the same colour as your walls, and with some texture, would cozy up your room.

Lastly, is that a window --oh wait a minute--I believe its a wall decoration with a chest below...Try that where the small chest is now; and a bookcase where the "arched window" is now.

a very lovely room--just need a little balance...imo

oh...ps...could you pull the coffee table out a bit from both sofas--it's looking a little too crowded in right there.
March 7, 2013 at 11:15am     
A Crew of Two
You are very close to a finished room! Love a lot of your choices. The first thing I see is the small lamp- it is more of a bed light. I would put the tall lamp where that little light is. I am not sure about the placement of the arched art work. It is a beautiful piece and is lost where it is hanging. How would it look over the cabinet in the hallway? Then move the mirror over the darker cabinet to the right of the doorway. They balance each other better. I would add a lot more throw pillows in the colors from the area rug. Decorate the coffee table with some candles, stacked books etc. I think your new bench is okay. Maybe just get a bright colored throw to drape over the corner of it. The only other thing I would consider would be some neutral curtain panels just to warm up the space. It really is looking very nice.
March 7, 2013 at 11:22am     
elmckie
Awesome ideas, jjdesignkloos. It's so funny you say that about the coffee table. My husband is always pushing it closer and I push it back out. It is never-ending!
We had the black chest between the windows and it was a perfect fit. I wasn't sure if it was too heavy next to the tv stand. I will put it back there and upload a picture. Love the bookself idea. The reason for the bench and wall art is that our entry is to the right of there. We have a very small narrow formal entry way so the bench is there for guests to place purses, etc.
I don't think we will do drapes only because they end up hugging the tv cabinet and any piece we put between the windows. Thanks again!!
March 7, 2013 at 11:26am   
elmckie
Thank you kklinton! I have a million pillows sitting in my kitchen because I can not decide what colors look good with both the rug and picture above couch. Any suggestions? You are right about the wall piece being lost where it is. It is too tall for the hall piece. The tall lamp was where the small lamp is that I found today is now. I was trying to let the wall piece not get lost and i obviously made it worse! :) we don't have an overhead light. Would you suggest a table lamp behind the small table where tall lamp currently is?
March 7, 2013 at 11:30am   
A Crew of Two
I think you need a lamp with a bigger base. The one you have now is so similar to the wall sconces. Maybe not this exact one, but to give you an idea. A floor lamp would also be a good choice. The rug looks like it has reds, grays and browns in it....use them all. Is there blue in the rug? The art has blue, but I am not sure I would play that up in the pillows. Maybe of very soft blue.
March 7, 2013 at 11:39am     
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
You need one more lamp like the one on the left, get some bright lavendar colored pillows with pattern to go with the picture above and put some accessories-on your coffee table.
March 7, 2013 at 11:46am   
elmckie
I have a round tray I can put on my coffe table. I have two young kids so I'm not too sure if I can do much more as they use the space to eat daily. Love that lamp! Yes, the rug nas some grayish blue in it. I have had the hardest time finding any accessories in that same shade. Are the picture above the couch and the rug ok together?
March 7, 2013 at 12:07pm   
elmckie
what do you think about this chair in between the windows? i love it a first but it started to feel like the chair and rug were competing (i have no clue how else to describe it!) i no longer have the blue window mirrors. thanks for all the help so far!!
March 7, 2013 at 12:13pm     
A Crew of Two
love the little peeker, too...lol
March 7, 2013 at 12:39pm     
A Crew of Two
I do think the chair works, but then i don't think i would try to bring blues into the room. I can't really tell what color the chair is in the pic. But i love the chair with the rug. I like to mix patterns.
March 7, 2013 at 1:10pm     
brody1313
For my eye, its a matter of balance......I like the arrangement above the sofa (size and placement), I think both lamps are too small for such a large, dark sofa....I suggest a pair of matching LARGE ROUND lamps, possibly with dark bases....I think the round shape will offset so many sq objects. in the room.. ..I would try the tv between the windows for balance, even though it looks like it will extend below windows.....forget curtains for now (possibly dark woven shades in the future)....try the light arched piece (love it) over the light piece in the foyer......put the wood stain piece over the dark chest in the living room.......or the two pic's between the windows hung over that chest....you have a good eye for hanging your art work at good heights! looks like a very inviting room...you are almost there!
March 7, 2013 at 1:39pm     
Home Style
Would you consider mounting the TV on the wall between the windows (where the bench is now) and then putting a chair where TV sits, currently? You could mount a shelf or two below the TV for any components. I think you have a really good start, already. I agree you need a taller lamp to the right of the sofa--I would prefer to see a pair that match--can you get another like the one to the right of the sofa? I also think you need some artwork, a mirror, or something above the little chest that backs up to hall--maybe a nother light there, as well, but not the little blue one--it is too small.
March 7, 2013 at 2:02pm     
collettec
I think the wall color is too bland with the dark brown furniture. I would consider a blue gray that would pick up the blue gray in the rug and the blue in your art. I don't think the bench works, perhaps something like a settee or a bench with a cushioned tufted seat, in a color, not the white leather. You could use drapes and a picture over the chest and as has been mentioned, a larger lamp as well. More pillows and perhaps a throw in the colors from the rug to warm up the leather furniture.
March 7, 2013 at 2:13pm   
Ann
I think you've been given some great suggestions and the already nice looking room will be great with just a few changes. I think a pair of large table lamps with chunky bases will look great. The first thing that caught my eye as being out of place was the tiny blue lamp. Keep posting pictures of your progress!
March 7, 2013 at 2:32pm     
elmckie
Thanks for all the ideas everyone! I did have 2 framed photographs of my kids above the black piece but took them down when I posted the pictures here because this is a public site :) also was open to other ideas so wanted a clean slate there! I will definitely work on the lamps.
Collette- the bench between the windows is fabric but I do agree color would be much better.
home Style- the tv hangs over each window by 1/2 inch. It would be a great place for it! I don't have a match for the tall lamp- found it at Marshalls quite some time ago so I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Ann and Brody- I like the idea of matching lamps. The table to the left of the sofa is very narrow so it can not handle the size of lamp that the table between the couches can. Thoughts?
Brody- I did have one of those pics over the black chest when it was in between the windows and I thought it looked great. You are right, tv is too big for between windows
Brody and Susana- when I heard your idea to put bench and window like piece in the foyer I just about slapped myself on the head and said Duh! :) got home and was going to make the change and realized the white piece can't go over the chair rail.
Susana- I look forward to seeing your ideas for the black piece. Thanks!!!
March 7, 2013 at 3:12pm   
everydayatlas
If you need any travel photography above the couch....check out my etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/EverydayATLAS?section_id=12650537
March 7, 2013 at 3:23pm   
elmckie
Here is the black piece between the windows. I know I would need to raise artwork but not going to put holes in the wall until I know it is staying!
March 7, 2013 at 3:44pm     
elmckie
Here is the couch with different pillow. Switched lamp to other table and brought back in floor lamp and put clock on table. Pulled coffee table out and put round try on it
March 7, 2013 at 3:46pm     
elmckie
And finally the bench with wood "window" over it. Could I paint this?

Also, I have a bookshelf in the basement we are going to carry up to try on the wall where black chest uses to be. Or we can try chair in photo above there and have be a reading nook. Chair and bookcase won't fit together there
Thanks so much everyone!
March 7, 2013 at 3:50pm   
A Crew of Two
I like the chair better....seating is always better. Better yet are you pleased?
March 7, 2013 at 4:01pm   
elmckie
I like the idea of a chair there but I felt the black piece there gave that side of the room something to balance the heaviness of the other side. Maybe I need a different chair? Thank you SO much for you help!
March 7, 2013 at 4:33pm   
A Crew of Two
yeah, from far it does look small
March 7, 2013 at 4:40pm   
Can you reverse the room? Put TV on wall that now has sofa. Put sofa floating facing TV. Set up way it is now just turned around. TV is in strange angle. Run cords to lamp under sofa, put love seat floating near where that new bench is take bench back. Put tall full planks silk next to TV to fill space. Use art work behind sofa now on another wall. Hard to tell where can't see whole room. Small blue lamp to small move need bigger for this room. Never leave plastic on shades.use more color in pillows get a few. TJ max good place to shop Homegoods.use small plants on end tables. Put big coffee table books on table.
March 7, 2013 at 4:48pm     
elmckie
Ok. Thanks. Wish there was more room there for a nice big chair.
March 7, 2013 at 4:49pm   
Remove chest in back and use for end table. Maybe add one more print to wall with bench.
March 7, 2013 at 4:50pm   
Where TV is now put a big bushy tree in big colorful pot. TJMax great place.
March 7, 2013 at 4:51pm   
Add panels on windows nice rod. In white for panels
March 7, 2013 at 4:52pm   
Are you in love with area rug? If not get one with brighter colors maybe more reds. Then pick up color with throw pillows.
March 7, 2013 at 4:54pm   
Ann
I also like the black piece between the windows for all the reasons you said including a bit of competition with the rug. I think the new lamp arrangement is just fine but I'd consider moving the wall candle holders somewhere else in the house because the shape is narrow like the lamp bases - I think someone mentioned that earlier. I like the bench/window frame combo except the colors as you noted. I wonder how the window frame would look painted a distressed rust color (like the rust in the rug). I agree that you have some good pieces to work with - it'll look great when you are done.
March 7, 2013 at 4:55pm   
Oh oh sorry about comment on chest. It looked smaller in one pic. Leave where it is put pic from sofa over it. Use candles on another wall.
March 7, 2013 at 4:56pm   
Remove bench under hanging object don't need. Use that between windows where white bench is now. Put prints on another wall.
March 7, 2013 at 4:58pm   
elmckie
Trvis- Dimeniaions are too small to float the big couch. If reversed the couch needs to be pushed against windows. I know to take plastic off lamp shades before using them. This had just come from the store to try out.
March 7, 2013 at 4:59pm   
Ann
I actually really like the rug! I would think about using pillows with rust in them.
March 7, 2013 at 4:59pm     
collettec
Could you move the loveseat opposite the couch where you placed the chair in front of the pictures and the chair where you have the loveseat now? I think it might help to break up the leather so close to each other with a chair in between if they would work opposite each other.
March 7, 2013 at 5:03pm   
elmckie
Ann- thanks! Do you think it would be ok to just change lamps? I need something next to art above couch as the picture is 5 inches in width smaller than what the "rules" state. I am going to look into painting the white piece. I wish I could find a lumbar pillow there that could give it some color! it just feels so blah!
March 7, 2013 at 5:04pm   
elmckie
Collette- the love seat would be blocking the windows some and leave not much room between it and the tv cabinet.
Thank you Ann for the compliment on the rug. It has been the hardest thing to decorate around. I'm not seeing the shade of blue that it has anywhere. I know other colors are the trend right now. I will give rust a try. I have one and maybe now if the chair is gone it will look better.
March 7, 2013 at 5:09pm   
elmckie
Rust pillow. Looks oranger and busier now than it did in daylight
March 7, 2013 at 5:13pm   
elmckie
Any more ideas?
March 7, 2013 at 5:43pm   
Move the chest back under the pictures and raise them 4-5" above it. I think the French Provincial TV console is the odd man out in your space. Consider tv in that corner left of the windows which has more room for TV, but you need the right console for it. Then you'd have to flip everything, but hey, we're having fun, right?
March 7, 2013 at 5:59pm     
elmckie
What would you recommend for tv stand? Thanks!
March 7, 2013 at 6:01pm   
elmckie
Lol! Guess where we first had that tv stand when we moved in 5 years ago? And guess who insisted on moving it? My husband is going to kill me :)
March 7, 2013 at 6:24pm   
jjandhk
hi elmckie, I like the idea of your "window" art in the hallway, but try your new white bench under it--the proportions might be better; and maybe lose the smaller white bench in another room.

I also like the idea of your tv back in the other corner also--just tell your husband to blame me!
And I don't mind the Fr Prov chest under it.

Could you try the 2 white chests flanking the living room (?) entrance; 2 slipper chairs on the window wall--with either the small round table; or the small dark chest between them?

It almost looks like a smokey blue in your rug....Maybe that colour in pillows?
March 7, 2013 at 7:47pm     
Ann
Yes, you could certainly change the current lamps to lamps with "chunkier" bases and leave the candles, but I do think your art looks big enough to carry the space without the candles. If you leave the candles, maybe ivory would be a slightly better color than white. I agree that particular pillow is too bright and orange. I think a textured pillow with muted colors more like the jjdesignkloos pillow picture. I also don't mind the Fr Prov chest under the TV.
March 7, 2013 at 8:00pm   
Ann
It looks like the jjdesignkloos pillow has been changed. I kind of liked the original one (with rust in it) better.
March 7, 2013 at 8:06pm   
Ann
You know, the second pillow you tried is actually not too bad.
March 7, 2013 at 8:47pm   
elmckie
Thanks for the reponse Anne and JJ Design. I can still return the candle sconces above the couch. I will look for bigger base lamps and see if that works better. Maybe there is just too much going on over there. Thanks!
I'm going to work with the pillow in the second picture now that the patterned chair is gone.
Like the idea of 2 slipper chairs but I really don't think there is enough space to then pass between the loveseat and Chair. We had to pull the other chair in the room closer to the tv to avoid the problem. These room dimensions are such a challenge! Going to measure out some chairs for the space and see if I can make that idea work.
March 8, 2013 at 4:28am   
A Crew of Two
lol....you have been busy! It's looking good
March 8, 2013 at 4:34am   
elmckie
Yes I have! :). Thoughts on "window" piece and bench in corner? Haven't hung it up yet.
March 8, 2013 at 4:54am     
A Crew of Two
Yes! Now you can see how gorgeous that piece is. Still need more pillows though...lol The mirror in the hall is still bothering me- it just seems too heavy for the cabinet. In the picture your eye is drawn there immediately. Would it fit where the two prints are between the windows?
March 8, 2013 at 5:21am   
elmckie
Pictures of mirror in hall then between windows
March 8, 2013 at 5:35am     
A Crew of Two
It's your decision ultimately, but I like it in the living room and with that cabinet. They look made for each other.
March 8, 2013 at 5:41am   
elmckie
I like it between windows too. Thank you so much- I never would've thought to do that! I'd like to put a mirror in the hall- any suggestions? What pillows for bench? Thanks again!
March 8, 2013 at 5:51am   
A Crew of Two
Target pillow. I'm assuming the mirror is for that final check out the door? I think it should be round so you do not have all these rectangles above pieces of furniture. Or maybe a collection of smaller mirrors? I like the finish on this mirror, which you could easily replicate with some white paint and a dry brush technique. Go to the frame section of a craft store- find some brown or gray frames and then with white paint dry brush them. Get a glass store to cut the mirrors for you and you have a lovely collection. Just make sure the large frame is at least 11" x 14" so you can use it for quick checks before leaving the house.
March 8, 2013 at 6:21am   
Ann
I love the window frame over that bench - the proportions are great! The pillow color is nice but would like to see pillow/pillows that are just a bit wider than the decorative window frame. I'm torn about the hall mirror vs the two pictures above the black piece. I like the mirror but is it nicer to have two smaller things there instead of one larger since you look to the right and there is one large (TV) and you look to the left and there is one large (decorative window frame)? Also, a mirror in the hall is nice. I didn't mind it in the hall but I can see kklinton's point that it might seem a bit heavy over that white piece. You're doing a great job - your work is making me look all around my house :)
March 8, 2013 at 6:32am   
Ann
Looking through the pics again, I sort of like the eclectic combo of looking toward the hall and seeing the decorative window frame and the brown mirror in your vision. I think I might lean toward leaving the mirror in the hall and maybe placing good sized brown or colored ginger jars or something on each side of the white piece to add heaviness to the base of the hall arrangement.
March 8, 2013 at 6:41am   
jjandhk
it's looking good! how do you like it? your window and bench are beautiful there.
I like the idea of the mirror in the hallway--could you try the dark brown chest there, to give it more weight?
you have such beautiful pieces to work with!
here's the other pillow i was looking at last night:
March 8, 2013 at 7:31am   
elmckie
That's a great idea Ann! I'm out looking around now and going to get some heavier pieces. You are right- too much heaviness with tv right there. Although the two pieces do look awesome together. I didn't like how dark they made the hall when paired there together
March 8, 2013 at 7:36am   
elmckie
Jj- they have those at home goods! I will see if they are still there. Thanks!
March 8, 2013 at 7:42am   
kam431
Hello! I'm going back to your original question and pictures for offering help.

Starting with the hall, does the white window piece match or compliment the hall table? If so I'd put it there as the hall could use the softness from the round top. For me, the dark mirror is just too heavy over the white, but moved into the living room over the dark table, it looks fantastic, except back where it was in the first pictures and still use the same table top items for finishing.

As to the bench, under the 2 pictures in the middle of the windows was great placement because it can easily be used for storage(throws etc) and extra seating for entertaining. It needs 3 pillows on top, 2 matching dark and 1 colorful in the center to tie it to the pictures, cancel the starkness of the creme on the light colored wall and add some color to that window area.

About for the long couch, whoever suggested chunkier lamps is right on. They can match to continue the symmetry you have going, or break it up with 2 larger complimentary lamps; it's really the size that needs to change as the skinny lamps mimic the sconces too closely. Leave the sconces they look great and forget the "rules" as most times your decorating eye will tell you what looks best.
The original pillows you had on the couch are good. No to the light blue chair, looks too bedroomy and adds another style you don't need in the room.

Skip the patterned slipper chair completely; you don't need the seating and it takes too much away from your beautiful rug!

Did I read that you have a bookcase somewhere that you could bring into this space? If so, would it fit on the wall next to the right side end table? You can add your family's personality with the books and favorites you fill it with. Oh and after you've finished sending pictures, put your kids back on some wall!

The last thing is draperies. I see your point about the tv stand but you really could use something to soften the windows and finish the room. I'm thinking that you love the french provincial piece ( I do!) but if you come across a little smaller, more contemporary stand, it would shrink the tv area and leave room for draperies.

Last, your room is very very nice; your furniture looks comfortable and the accent pieces you've used are good too. It just needs a little bit of tweaking and some warming up.
March 8, 2013 at 8:30am   
elmckie
Kam- thank you for your ideas! The white window piece can't go behind the hall chest- there is a chair rail in the room that would leave it sticking out. And it's too tall to go above chest.
Should I darken cabinet with some paint to help it coordinate with mirror? Ot is it just the rectangles that are too much. Yes. We have a bookcase in basement but I looked t it and it is a piece of junk after being used for storage. Any other ideas for space to right of couch that used to have white window piece?
March 8, 2013 at 10:30am   
elmckie
Anyone else?
March 8, 2013 at 1:38pm   
jjandhk
my first thought, elmckie, is just leave it open...it's ok to have some open spaces; it gives the eye a place to rest.
March 8, 2013 at 1:50pm   
Ann
A tall plant would work to the right of the couch. Also, I have a hall area in my home where I wanted some height and used bamboo. That would work too and the bamboo could be painted brown.
March 8, 2013 at 2:08pm   
elmckie
Here is a picture of it empty. Please ignore the 2 lamps on table. I had no luck out shopping today
March 8, 2013 at 2:08pm   
Ann
jj has a good point - you could also just leave that space empty
March 8, 2013 at 2:10pm   
elmckie
Love the bamboo idea!!
March 8, 2013 at 2:10pm   
Ann
Seeing that picture, it does look like the corner could use something and height would be good.
March 8, 2013 at 2:12pm   
elmckie
Thanks Anne for all you help!
March 8, 2013 at 5:04pm   
Ann
My pleasure. I've enjoyed this discussion - you have very nice pieces to work with and good taste. As I mentioned, I think I've revisited my whole house rearranging things and moving stuff to new locations since I've been inspired by you. Please keep posting pictures as you finish up!
March 8, 2013 at 6:50pm   
elmckie
Wow! What a great compliment! Thank you! I will post more pictures soon.
March 8, 2013 at 7:07pm     
kam431
Hello again! The white piece won't work even if it's resting on top of the white table? They look like a perfect match or is my computer off (as usual)? It looks like the chest is even or slightly above the chair rail so the round top piece won't be bothered by the chair rail, as it would be hung to the top of it. Hanging those pieces together that tightly (if they match) makes them look like one.
AND, I too came home and walked through to see where I could make changes from being inspired by you! Will love to see the final design! Thanks!
March 9, 2013 at 5:04am   
kam431
By the way, I'd leave that spot to the right of the end table open, until you find something that you know is perfect. For lamps try the usual, TJMaxx, etc and Pier! has lots as does Penneys, both can be viewed online.
March 9, 2013 at 5:06am   
elmckie
Kam- That white piece is too tall behind the white chest even when resting on chair rail. If I put over chair rail it sticks out quite a bit from the wall. The colors of the two pieces are off but I am never opposed to painting anything. I'm thinking I will go over the cabinet below the mirror in the hall with a bronze rub to tie in more with the mirror. I LOVE TJMaxx, Pier 1 and HOme Goods! I have been in there a ridiculous amount of times per week lately. Going to check Penneys too. Thank you for the nice compliment!! I will hold out for the perfect piece from that corner. Thanks!
March 9, 2013 at 6:37am   
elmckie
KKLINTON- could you please tell me where you found the lamps you posted above? Thanks!
March 9, 2013 at 2:51pm   
A Crew of Two
Which one? I think one is Target and the other is Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel
March 9, 2013 at 3:04pm   
elmckie
Found them both. Thanks!
March 9, 2013 at 6:01pm   
Ann
elmckie - while I was changing/moving/decluttering in my house due to being inspired by you, I ended up with 3 lamps that were too small for anywhere and will go to Goodwill. Lamps are important and a nice one will always find a home within your house. I love the Crate and Barrel lamps and think many of them would work very well at the ends of your sofa. Two lamps are kind of a big expense but if you can swing it, get nice big ones. That way, you won't end up with small, ineffective lamps going to Goodwill :)
March 9, 2013 at 7:19pm   
memphis2sydney
I'm loving your rug, where did you get it? I'm looking for something with that grey in it and difficult to find.
March 10, 2013 at 5:02am   
elmckie
Susana- I am beyond impressed! And so very thankful you took the time to do this for me!! I really love your choices and am going to use some of your suggestions. The pottery idea is perfect. Love the blues tones you found. My whole goal in this room was to move away from red and go with more blues. The black piece has red on it so I was having a hard time. Thank you SO much!
Memphis- the rug is from Pottery Barn. Thanks!
Ann- I agree. I have a ton of "crap" pieces in our storage area. I have already donated a bunch to goodwill and really just need to say good bye to the rest of it.
March 10, 2013 at 6:06am   
elmckie
Opinions- Do the artwork and sconces work above couch? I'm going to be getting more substantial lamps.
March 10, 2013 at 5:01pm     
elmckie
I have switched candles to ivory since the picture was taken.
March 10, 2013 at 5:09pm     
leelee
Try moving the small chest in background under the two stacked pictures and move the ivory leather bench in toward the coffee table. That's a cute chest but it looks lost or misplaced back on that wall. You've made some good choices--the rug is great with your furniture.
March 10, 2013 at 5:31pm     
elmckie
I moved the furniture around since then. Thanks though!
March 10, 2013 at 6:11pm   
elmckie
Update: I returned the artwork that was above the couch and the sconces. Any ideas for what should go there? I am stumped. The couch is 87" wide. Also lamps and pillows in pictures are not staying
March 14, 2013 at 9:55am   
Ann
Sometimes I just go to art.com and browse. You can usually choose any print in one of many sizes and then have it framed or made into a canvas (which is nice to minimize glare). Of course you could work with two side by side prints or a single. Occasionally, I buy a reasonable print from art.com and then buy art at goodwill just for the frame and glass (and sometimes the mat if the color works with my print). I carefully take it apart and sometimes spray paint the frame black. Then I trim my new print to the size of the mat if trimming makes sense with the print and put it all back together. I've saved a fortune that way and got some nice art for the wall. Here is one example of art I put together for a really reasonable price. The white right next to the picture is just the border of the print I ordered since I wanted the print but they didn't offer just the right size for the mat.
March 14, 2013 at 4:57pm   
elmckie
that's a great idea. thank you!
March 14, 2013 at 5:32pm   
Need help with paint colors any advice or ideas would be appreciated
Looking for pearlized white for bathroom, shower area...
Would appreciate any advice on making my ugly house less ugly!
Here is our house. It will need a new roof and I definitely...
I love your designs and classy style! Would appreciate island advice!
We just built a house but left out the island because...
Bedroom do-over advice is appreciated
My new color is BM Revere Pewter (soft gray). Here...
liven up my entryway
Any suggestions to make the entryway more inviting...
What to pair (colour wise) with this artwork?
I have this artwork hanging above my couch in our living...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
Kitchen granite
My wife and I are doing a new build. We are roof tight....
Who will take me shopping?
I need something for the table and the wall behind...