Master bath
garnatmom
We are finally having my dream bath done wet room and all this is where the problem comes in, We had slate tile placed in the vanity toilet area, thinking I would go with that for the wet room floor as well, I am changing my mine I think I want to put the same tile from the shower walls on the floor the tiles are 18"....will this be too much, one more thing we also chose a light stack stone tile to put on the window wall.....I'm afraid it could look too busy if I choose different tile for the wet room floor.

Thanks.
May we please see a drawing of the room layout? Usually in an area such as a shower, or in your case a wet room, the floor has to slope toward the drain, and smaller tiles are needed to do this. Perhaps one of our builders will clarify this matter. My current thought is that you can't use an 18" tile on your wet room floor. I do think your toilet area floor should match the rest of the flooring.

How does the color of your stack stone differ from the floor tile. I'd love to see photos of both. The plan and the photos should be sent as jpegs. Thanks.
March 7, 2013 at 11:31AM   
garnatmom
Here are the pics and space best I could do most tiles are still in cartons and contractors tools everywhere
March 7, 2013 at 1:53PM   
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Picture in bottom left corner, is this the bench and shower? Top left picture, is this a raised floor?
March 7, 2013 at 2:56PM   
What is the upper right photo?
March 7, 2013 at 3:00PM   
Ironwood Builders
Not sure what is going on with the wet room idea, the raised bit of floor with the slate below it (or really anything from the pictures). We can use large format tile if a trench drain is installed at the back or side of the shower allowing a single plane of tile sloping to the trench drain. Hope this helps.
March 7, 2013 at 3:35PM   
garnatmom
Yes a raised floor starts the wet room also yes for bench and upper right is the shower walls stack stone is for the window walls
March 7, 2013 at 3:38PM   
garnatmom
We are using a trench drain
March 7, 2013 at 3:53PM   
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Garnatmom, none of my business, ( you did post photos though, so I'll continue ) but you say this is your dream bath. Question, are your walls currently prepped and ready for tile? Is that drywall in the photo? What system are you using for the shower floor?
March 7, 2013 at 6:04PM     
I'm happy to hear you're using a trench drain...cool stuff. Whatever else you're doing, I'm not sure i understand. The dark tile looking object doesn't look like "stack stone".
March 7, 2013 at 6:32PM   
Need help decorating my outside patio
Need accent pieces or throw pillows to accentuate this...
New House, Ugly Kitchen
Hey Houzz. We just bought a new house and can't afford...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Curb appeal? elementary school across
front porch? to cover or not to cover???
Kitchen Backsplash
i need help in choosing a backsplash for my kitchen...