Need ideas on paint for kitchen cabinets!
judichristopher
I'm helping a friend update her kitchen on a VERY small budget. So far we've painted the walls this dusty teal. She has a new counter-top coming that is a pale stone laminate (granite look), a deep, white cast iron sink, rubbed bronze faucet, and a floating laminate floor that is a light gray stone-look and a rubbed bronze chandelier. Can't afford to replace the cabinets so we're painting them and maybe hardware. I found a cabinet door that is a light brown/taupe that looks good with the counter-top and flooring. I also liked a dove gray. She wants to repaint them white. Any ideas would be SOOO helpful! Remember, little budget...
lastplace
I love your kitchen paint color, and agree with all your choices on counter, lights etc except the brown taupe for the cabinets. Taupe has a pink undertone that will not work with your other choices. I think the dove gray is a far better choice. Send more pics as you go. Looks good
March 7, 2013 at 6:49pm     
judichristopher
I'm not describing the brown very well. It's not pink at all. Tell you the truth, I've never seen this color. Very light brownish, .....
March 7, 2013 at 6:54pm   
lastplace
How does it look up against your walls? Does it say WOW
March 7, 2013 at 7:11pm     
If you can give us the color in either Sherwin-Williams or Benj. Moore colors, we can check it out on our paint decks. Here are my suggestions:
1. The angled top trim on the kitchen window would be easy to change to a flat trim.
2. Add simple crown trim to cabinets. Keep it very simple to go with style of cabs.
3. Add a fun, colorful area rug, perhaps 5 x 8, angled in the open area. It can be an outdoor rug.
4. Get bigger table and more chairs.
5. Consider painting the lower cabinets a light orange, such as Sherwin-Williams Chivalry Copper.
Modern Wave Stripe Outdoor Rug - 4 colors! kitchen
March 7, 2013 at 7:15pm   
judichristopher
lastplace- I think it looks great. My friend is not sure.
Carolyn- GREAT ideas! Orange huh? I think that would be interesting...I'll get the paint color.
March 8, 2013 at 7:09am   
Let us know how it's going please.
March 8, 2013 at 8:03am   
judichristopher
Excited to get this going and will post pictures as we go. Thanks for your great advice!
March 8, 2013 at 8:16am   
Bedroom bedding color
Would like to get a suggestion on bedding colors for...
گروه معماری پارادایس
طراحی نما.طراحی داخلی.طراحی...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Choppy co-oop floor plan
How do you design living room given small space and...
Have you tried feng shui?
I would like to know if anyone - especially anyone...