Small Apartment bedroom
ajones089
I love this candle holder and would like to use it as inspiration for my apt bedroom. Any decor suggestions for a bedroom on budget-I'm leaning toward bold, rich colors like deep blues, mandarin orange, purple
nasmijati
I went to Houzz PHOTOS, scrolled down to Bedrooms, and entered "jewel tones" into the search box. I found quite a few photos I personally liked, but I do not know YOUR style? Formal, eclectic, International?
March 7, 2013 at 7:45pm   
I'd suggest you search for Hollywood Regency, based on the picture you posted. You can have a tiny jewel box!
March 7, 2013 at 8:11pm   
What a fun room this could be. I'd start by painting the bed wall one of the colors you mentioned, and I'll choose orange. Then I'll add two butler's tables as night stands. Above each table I'll hang the capiz shell pendant shown below. The orange wall will stand out nicely against the white Morocco headboard from West Elm.

I'll leave it to you to find some appropriate bedding in purple and orange, with a silver pillow thrown in.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Butler Trays + Stands | west elm Capiz Round Pendant, White
Morocco Headboard, White Lacquer Sherwin Williams Knockout Orange 6885
March 7, 2013 at 8:12pm     
What color are your bedroom walls now? Can you paint the walls or working with a current wall color? I
March 7, 2013 at 8:15pm   
Dezign Studio Inc
until you post some pictures of the room ....
March 7, 2013 at 8:34pm   
Dezign Studio Inc
some more.......
March 7, 2013 at 8:35pm   
The L.A. Lady
I'm with decoenthusiaste on Hollywood regency. Bold, rich colors and metallics definitely fit the bill. To start, I'd take the candle holder to a paint store and start matching up swatches to it and see what works. Carolyn suggested painting the bed wall and I agree: you'll find out pretty quickly if you love the color or not! Then you'll have your candle holder and paint swatch ready to go when you pick out bed linens and accessories.

I think I've said this in about half my posts but I'll say it again: colors look different in different lighting. This is even more true when it comes to bright colors, so really look at those swatches in daylight and at night with the room's lighting and see what you like.

Post pics when you're done! I'm so over beige bedrooms and want to see some color.
March 7, 2013 at 9:34pm   
ajones089
My bedroom walls are beige (yucky!). My headboard is dark brown and the bed is only furniture I have for the room thus far. If I painted orange do you all think a creme bedding would work? Sorry for all the questions, this is my First apartment!
March 8, 2013 at 11:58am   
ajones089
Oh yeah my style is ecletic/urban/simplistic.
March 8, 2013 at 12:01pm   
I would prefer you do a white quilt, but if you already have cream, you can work with it. Then I'd add 2 or 3 purple or turquoise euro shams and a folded quilt or throw at the bottom in the color that you didn't use on the shams.

On a tight budget, you could use this group from Ikea, purchasing the duvet cover to fold at the foot of your bed (with or without the actual duvet inside the cover). Then you could use 3 of the pillows at the head of the bed, covering the actual pillow you sleep on. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80224930/

The reason I like white quilts is that you can continue to use it when you get rid of the turquoise, orange and purple, and it will go with anything. Cream isn't as crisp looking with these bright colors.
March 8, 2013 at 12:47pm     
Need help with color combination for bedroom in small apartment
Small bedroom on 10,5 sq meter facing southeast needs...
Help with Small Bedroom in 650 sq ft NYC apartment
Hi houzzers! I have a 650 sq ft apartment with a small...
Study Update Suggestions
Hi. I am going through my home room by room and updating...
looking for exterior paint matching the trees
Hi, Present it was suggested for white and grey for...
Which would look better in this space?
This is how I currently have my living room arranged....
Tudor trim to be green?
There are a couple of trim boards on my Tudor style...
Shower door
What would be considered standard height for a custom...