Small Apartment bedroom
ajones089
I love this candle holder and would like to use it as inspiration for my apt bedroom. Any decor suggestions for a bedroom on budget-I'm leaning toward bold, rich colors like deep blues, mandarin orange, purple
nasmijati
I went to Houzz PHOTOS, scrolled down to Bedrooms, and entered "jewel tones" into the search box. I found quite a few photos I personally liked, but I do not know YOUR style? Formal, eclectic, International?
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:45PM
I'd suggest you search for Hollywood Regency, based on the picture you posted. You can have a tiny jewel box!
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:11PM
What a fun room this could be. I'd start by painting the bed wall one of the colors you mentioned, and I'll choose orange. Then I'll add two butler's tables as night stands. Above each table I'll hang the capiz shell pendant shown below. The orange wall will stand out nicely against the white Morocco headboard from West Elm.

I'll leave it to you to find some appropriate bedding in purple and orange, with a silver pillow thrown in.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Butler Trays + Stands | west elm Capiz Round Pendant, White
Morocco Headboard, White Lacquer Sherwin Williams Knockout Orange 6885
3 Likes    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:12PM
What color are your bedroom walls now? Can you paint the walls or working with a current wall color? I
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:15PM
Dezign Studio Inc
until you post some pictures of the room ....
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:34PM
Dezign Studio Inc
some more.......
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:35PM
The L.A. Lady
I'm with decoenthusiaste on Hollywood regency. Bold, rich colors and metallics definitely fit the bill. To start, I'd take the candle holder to a paint store and start matching up swatches to it and see what works. Carolyn suggested painting the bed wall and I agree: you'll find out pretty quickly if you love the color or not! Then you'll have your candle holder and paint swatch ready to go when you pick out bed linens and accessories.

I think I've said this in about half my posts but I'll say it again: colors look different in different lighting. This is even more true when it comes to bright colors, so really look at those swatches in daylight and at night with the room's lighting and see what you like.

Post pics when you're done! I'm so over beige bedrooms and want to see some color.
    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 9:34PM
ajones089
My bedroom walls are beige (yucky!). My headboard is dark brown and the bed is only furniture I have for the room thus far. If I painted orange do you all think a creme bedding would work? Sorry for all the questions, this is my First apartment!
    Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 11:58AM
ajones089
Oh yeah my style is ecletic/urban/simplistic.
    Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:01PM
I would prefer you do a white quilt, but if you already have cream, you can work with it. Then I'd add 2 or 3 purple or turquoise euro shams and a folded quilt or throw at the bottom in the color that you didn't use on the shams.

On a tight budget, you could use this group from Ikea, purchasing the duvet cover to fold at the foot of your bed (with or without the actual duvet inside the cover). Then you could use 3 of the pillows at the head of the bed, covering the actual pillow you sleep on. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80224930/

The reason I like white quilts is that you can continue to use it when you get rid of the turquoise, orange and purple, and it will go with anything. Cream isn't as crisp looking with these bright colors.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:47PM
13x11 bedroom
I have a small apartment bedroom would love a king...
Ronda Cooper Vye
Converting a bedroom (granny flat) into a one bedroom apartment
We are adding living space to my daughters bedroom....
Dale Bower
Decorating a Small Apartment
Decorating a small apartment or a small flat also comes...
Locus Habitat
Very small one bedroom apartment with narrow corridor and bathroom
Would like to make studio..need help for lighting and...
gainis
what kind of wood species floor is use in this room?...
Volod
We've got the master blues!
We are looking for a master bedroom paint color. I...
cmwhelin
Help! I inherited Granny's Living Room
I just moved into a new house with a bit of a monotone...
Jai Shannon
Products that really clean painted wood cabinets! BM pepper grey.
Need to know how to REALLY clean painted K cabinets...
revss
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker
Fireplace wall bummer!
Fireplace wall has got to go. Really need ideas. Would...
Karen M