Need help finding wall mounted toilet (exterior tank and modern).
pilotkiwi
Hi Everyone!!
I'm doing a remodel and are looking for a wall mounted toilet, contemporary style, with an exterior tank (ie NOT the hidden in the wall type). Many thanks for any ideas or leads!!
Ironwood Builders
Well, this is a new one! So I've done many wall mount toilets over the years, both commercial and residential. I've never done one that has an exterior tank. Never seen one, not in twenty five years. Doesn't mean they don't exist...never seen the spotted owl either. Did you google it? Or have you seen one somewhere?
March 7, 2013 at 11:10pm   
Ironwood Builders
So there are exactly two options. A tankless macerating wall mount toilet from Saniflo. It looks fairly modern and Euro style. And the American Standard wall mount with a tank. Decidedly not modern looking. Of the perhaps 30 I looked at from a very simple google search (you should try google, it's amazing!) only the two did not use the Geberit in-wall tank system. The ones using the in-wall tank are all very hip and modern.
March 7, 2013 at 11:35pm   
March 8, 2013 at 12:09am     
Ironwood Builders
Great orangecamera! More modern than what I found.
March 8, 2013 at 7:51am   
pilotkiwi
Thanks guys. Yes, I did google extensivley prior to posting, and the only one I had found was the American Standard, which had poor reviews, and as you mentioned, far from modern or attractive looking. I'm remodeling a home built '79-'81, that has two wall mount toilets. The floors are concrete slab, so rerouting the drains is not worth the effort/expense. Was hoping to find an acceptable off-the-shelf option, but it's proving tricky. I'll have to double check, but I think the toilets in there now are very similar if not identical to the AS one. Thanks for the link orangecamera, I'm going to check that out now.
Thanks again!
March 8, 2013 at 5:33pm   
Gutter Overflows in Heavy Rain! Help, please.
Our gutters and downspouts are oversized and covered...
Need help with soft furnishings for a living and dining room!
Total amateur furnishing a house from scratch for the...
Need help for new exterior paint color
My husband built this A Frame in the 70's and we are...
need help in my kitchen
My floors cannot be changed, they are terra stone....