How did u shorten the chain on this fixture? Im using it over my kitchen table and the chain is too long
christine1
March 8, 2013 in Photo Questions
Designer for Triton Homes, Owner Triton Interiors
My electrician had to use a bolt cutter. He said it was the thickest chain he had ever seen on a light. Hope that helps. :)
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 7:00AM
christine1
Thanks for responding. I ended up taking it to lowes, they cut it for free. Did u have any problems w) the fixture hanging unevenly or the mesh being slightly dented ? I expected higher quality for the cost of the fixture
0 Likes   March 9, 2013 at 6:56PM
I bought 4 of the mesh lights from Restoration Hardware. The drum one and 3 of the longer ones. They all hang evenly, but one of the longer ones had some dents in the mesh. I was able to smooth it out by rubbing it and shaping it back into place. One thing I have been disappointed with is the lightbulbs. They burn out very quickly. Restoration Hardware will send you new ones free of charge, if they do burn out right away. However, they are not exactly the same bulbs, therefore if you replace one you have to replace them all or you will have one that glows a different color. Keep me posted if you have any burn out. I would be curious to see if you have the same issues.
0 Likes   March 9, 2013 at 7:10PM
christine1
As soon as I put the bulbs in , one of them burnt down halfway and became a white glow as opposed to a yellow hue. I'm contacting a manager tomorrow . Still haven't resolved the tilting issue . I used two of the benson pendants over my island and the quality is great. I'm disappointed w) the mesh chandelier. Good design , poor quality. Your home looks beautiful !!
0 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 2:52PM
Thank you. Almost every light in the Gray house is from Restoration Hardware. I, too have been happy with all the other lights. I love the look of the Mesh lights and get lots of compliments on the ones in the stairway but the bulbs have been a big inconvenience. Especially when they are hanging where it is not so convenient to change a light bulb. Let me know what you find out when you talk to a manager. Thanks
0 Likes   March 11, 2013 at 7:04AM
christine1
The manager has sent me two sets of replacement bulbs. This leads me to believe that your experience is not unique . The thought did occur to me that it would be difficult to replace the bulbs hanging in the stairway. My fixture is over the dining table . I will be going to the cottage this weekend and will keep you posted on the longevity of the new bulbs. It's a huge job building and decorating a home . I'm receiving my counter stools on Saturday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed ! There also RH . I'll keep u posted on the bulb situation.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 6:05PM
Thank you. Let me know if the replacement bulbs he gave you are the same color when you replace them. The replacements they sent me had more of and orange glow vs yellow. If they are the same I may have to try to get some of those. Good luck with your stools. The Toledo ones I purchased are a little wobbly and lopsided. I was disappointed in those as well.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 10:08PM
Need help for my living room
hi to every one i have 2 red sofas and a black...
kareine
Need paint suggestions for Southern Living Tideland Haven house plan
My husband and I are building the Southern Living Tideland...
audley1975
Well hello there Mr. Heater
I just rented a cabin..I call it my KOA writing cabin....
Jeanie Schulz
Patio set wanted
I would like to purchase a stylish, comfortable and...
lahansley
Wood countertops, starting to crack
We built our house ourselves 2 years ago and bought...
chelseabeagle