Not sure how to decorate mantel
thriftyteacher
I have this Tuscan theme going on in my house and when it comes to the mantle I want something to be really pretty but all I've came up with are these lanterns and picture behind them. Any ideas? I'm for anything..as long as it goes with the theme somewhat.
butlera
What about a tuscan style mirror or clock, rather than the picture? Either of the ideas in the pics below won't interfere with the lanterns, which I love.
March 8, 2013 at 9:56AM     
thriftyteacher
Thanks! Really like the iron scroll work...
March 8, 2013 at 3:24PM     
3144123456
Fireplace mantle and cream colored marble seem much dressier than your picture and lanterns. What else is in your room?
March 9, 2013 at 6:49AM   
3144123456
I love the moldings around the fireplace and windows. Maybe a large, round, chunky framed mirror over the fireplace that would reflect some color.
March 9, 2013 at 6:53AM     
thriftyteacher
Well, I don't really have a lot going on yet. We haven't been in the house long, and the bottom of the fireplace isn't finished lol! I will attach some more pics. I really need help decorating everywhere to be honest. But, I have coffee table and side tables with the same marble as the fireplace. I have a tv stand I don't really care for.. But has to do for now. It's dark and a dark curio type cabinet. No other decor unfortunately!
March 9, 2013 at 10:45PM   
butler's clock is perfect here.
March 9, 2013 at 10:47PM   
thriftyteacher
Excuse the mess!
March 9, 2013 at 10:48PM   
thriftyteacher
And the other wall.. It's random. I don't know what to do with it so there's a curio just sitting in the middle. This is all! Small cozy like living area ;)
March 9, 2013 at 10:53PM   
rtoboss
Hi I am a Aussie gal but can I also suggest mirror but not too ornate and on the wall with the small piece a bespoke built in cabinet which if the room is small can be functional as well as tie together the room
March 10, 2013 at 12:06AM     
dellerbee07
Lose the canvas, add more Tuscan style metalwork such as a mirror with like frame. . It will give your room more depth. I am a huge fan of lanterns , ( Mantles are for things you love and are the first thing people see when they walk into your most used livivng space) Add candles! Everyone loves candles, accent colors and inexpensive, candles invite warmth, and smell good. Goodwill and thrift stores are my favorite place to find cool candle holders! Due to people's changing tastes. Beautiful home! Best of luck to you
March 10, 2013 at 4:35AM     
thriftyteacher
Wow thanks everyone for all your help!! I'm getting a better idea of things. Wish I could just hire someone to come in and fix it all.. Lol. Thanks for taking your time to help me.
March 10, 2013 at 11:03AM   
You'[ve got a way to go to make this blend of architecture into a Tuscan home, so here's a tutorial to help you out.

March 10, 2013 at 11:12AM     
kah416
I really love the mantel decor in the Hastings house on pretty little liars :) Something like that might be nice!
March 10, 2013 at 11:29AM     
thriftyteacher
Yes I agree.. I appreciate the link on Tuscan decorating and such. Luckily the outside of the house looks more Italian Tuscan like. The plants, trees, etc.. that they mentioned I actually have! Can't believe that! I have a fountain. I need some more pots and other things. Now I'm just trying to pull the look inside. Great ideas from everyone. I love the built in idea, but I would have to take away some of the room behind that wall, which is already small.
March 10, 2013 at 5:14PM   
New House and not sure how to decorate the front awkward shaped room
I want to keep the sofa, mirror, and decor above sofa....
Not sure how to decorate this
High wall in the living room, oddly shaped...need help...
oversized living room-not sure how to decorate
Huge room- current have sectional and huge hutch-getting...
Not sure how to decorate this landing
Directly across from the landing is a palladium window...
need help on my basement
I do not like the long hal which waste the space. I...
Fireplace Dilemma
In the process of finishing the stone work on our fireplace....
Base and Crown Mouldings
Is it ok to have a stained baseboard with painted and...
Yea or Nay?
Ceiling lamp - Antique brass finish and 8 white round...
Backsplash, Backsplash, Backsplash?
Please, idea and help with kitchen backsplash...? ...