Which dinette chandelier to buy?
Aleksandra To
March 8, 2013 in Polls
Please help me pick the right chandelier for my extended breakfast nook. I don't have the actual picture of my kitchen since it is still being built but the picture below resembles my kitchen a lot. The dinette is simply en extension of the kitchen and it is pretty big. We want to add a little bit of sparkle to this 'informal dining room'. Crystorama chandelier is much simpler with less beading and Quoizel is more "grand". I personally like Quoizel chandelier more but I'm just afraid it may be TOO grand for my dinette. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thank you
Crystorama chandelier
Quoizel chandelier
A Crew of Two
I think these may be too formal for a 'nook' What table set are you putting in there? That will ultimately decide the size of the lighting.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 9:54AM
DIAspoton
i like the quoizel but how about 1, or even 2 depending on size, over the island and something simper for the dinette?
1 Like   March 8, 2013 at 10:05AM
Aleksandra To
It is a regular semi formal dining room table which seats up to 6 people. I read somewhere that when picking ceiling lighting you are supposed to add the width and length of the room in feet and that approximately should give you the size of the lighting in inches (when it comes to width). Correct me if I'm wrong. So according to this measurement I could go with 25 inches chandelier.
What do you think? and thank you for your comment
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 10:10AM
A Crew of Two
Yes, that works.....I like the 2nd chandelier then. Lovely!
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 10:13AM
Aleksandra To
Diaspoton...thank you! that's an idea..although the kitchen nook is more visible from the living room and hence we thought that something more noticeable would work better. The kitchen itself and the living room are divided by half wall with 2 columns going up.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 10:15AM
brody1313
I agree w/Diaspoton w/maybe two of the second lt over the bar..............all 3 lights need to blend
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 10:34AM
Quoizel
If you do decide to go with the Quoizel fixture, we would love a photo of the finished shot!
0 Likes   May 7, 2013 at 1:01PM
Kitchen layout
I am working on designing a kitchen and looking for...
Help with hubbies surprises please!
I have been de-cluttering, rearranging and decorating...
Exterior Sconce
What color of exterior sconce are in style right now..I,have...
Help balancing living room please.
So we moved into our rental on Sept 1 and I kinda just...
Bedroom turned into office space
I am turning my guest bedroom into my office since...