Need help with bedroom re-do
lareneb
The picture with the rocking chair is what this room looked like when we moved in.

We have stripped the wall paper.

I think we will keep the walls smooth rather than texture them.

Please help me figure out what color to paint.
Should the color below the trim be darker or lighter?
I was thinking hot pink on the bottom, and gray on the top and painting the trim to black, but now I'm thinking all nuetral on the walls maybe still black for the trim? And accessorize with pink pillows and curtians?

If I paint the trim black, do I need to paint the window seals black as well or would a dark wood stain on all wood (including the built in desk) be in order instead of black trim.

Thanks in advace for you help!
brody1313
I would paint the whole room gray w/white trim ....I would leave the wood stain trim....it probably ties into the rest of your house
1 Like   March 8, 2013 at 11:51AM
carole
some pink and gray bedrooms!!if this was my bedroom i would not paint the pink on the wall,other ways of letting this color pop,would have a wall papered and some accesoires with the pink and keep the rest black/white,then if you do ever want to change colos its not a full re-do again....
2 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 11:55AM
carolins
So you were thinking of something like this?

Hmm, I agree with Carole. Rather have pink accessories than grey/black/pink walls, but if it makes you happy, just go for it.
Usually darker colours go below, lighter colours go above. Otherwise the balance is off. Good luck in your new home.
2 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 12:05PM
DIAspoton
how about black on the bottom. white on the upper walls and trim. then go over the white trim with a silver by drybrushing it on or rubbing gilt paste lightly over the trim as a metallic highlight.
buy wonderful tone on tone textured white bedding and drapes then totally change the feel of the room often with quick chg of pillows, lamp shades,etc. go with pink, citron, teal, orange, purple or all black and white. solids or patterns.
1 Like   March 8, 2013 at 12:17PM
lareneb
Yes, I am liking the pink accesory idea. Black on the bottom seems pretty bold. I'm tempted, but if I don't should I do all gray with wood trim along the middle or a dark gray on the bottom and a light gray on top? Or are two shades of gray the wrong way to go?
1 Like   March 8, 2013 at 4:15PM
Mandy
It's a bedroom. Keep a simply, soothing palette. One shade of gray should be fine.

It looks much better with the trim off, so don't feel like you have to break it up with wood trim in the middle.
0 Likes   March 8, 2013 at 5:12PM
carole
like the idae of 2 shades of grey,if you want to take the trim off you will be needing to do repairwork and if you like the look i say keep it!the walls and trim look fine on the pict....
0 Likes   March 9, 2013 at 6:34AM
lareneb
It took forever, but I finally made progress. The gray looks more blue in person than what I thought I wanted, but I think I like it. We opted to leave the middle trim off. We stained all the wood darker. The shelves can be flipped to be either pink on the edge or wood stain. Does the pink look ok? I was thinking of white blinds, but now I'm thinking a natural brown or gray roller shade in a textured material. Maybe a curtain over that? Any ideas on window coverings? Thanks for your input!
0 Likes   May 26, 2013 at 11:34PM
carolins
In the pictures the grey looks beautiful. A nice and calm colour that lets the pink stand out. I like it. Think about how dark you want the room to be when you close the curtains. If you know that, you know what kind of window treatment you can look for.
I do think you need a bit more white and hot pink in your room
0 Likes   May 26, 2013 at 11:57PM
ctirone
I like the room so far. One color makes the room calmer. the idea with the ink shelves is very clever.

As for your windows, I would hang white floor length drapes. the windows have no woodwork and drapes would soften the room.
0 Likes   May 26, 2013 at 11:58PM
outletsart
You can make your home more Artistic.I hope this can help you to make your home more beautiful. Weclome to my site: Outletarts .com
0 Likes   May 27, 2013 at 1:40AM
*Need help re-doing my bedroom!*
I've been living in this bedroom for about 5 years...
Need to re-do horrible master bedroom - help!
I hate the duvet set, think the walls are the wrong...
need advice for bedroom re-do
what is the opinion of the professionals - carpet or...
Master bedroom re-do from scratch...help!
We just bought a king size mattress and sold our old...
HELP, I have to re-do my bedroom for college now!
I am thinking one accent wall of dark purple and then...
MCM Fireplace Design Delima
Not sure what to do with our living room fireplace....
Microwave advice needed
There was an October thread about how to add an OTR...
Saying Goodbye to Sentimental Objects
I read the article on the ten steps to saying goodbye...
Help picking exterior paint color
We recently purchased this house and are in the process...
Help Window treatment for large expanse of door/window area
I have a very large expanse of doors and windows that...