How can I update this Pool Table Room?
Ginger Zambrano
Paneling, maroon carpet...I don't even know where to start! Please help!
Superior Remodeling LLC
Just painting all the bead board and cabinets white along with all the trim in the room would help LOTS! I would also add a nice hardwood floor in the room and refinish the pool table black and get updated pool table light. Oh and that Mirror has to go. replace that with a TV and remove the track lighting.
March 9, 2013 at 5:12AM     
A Crew of Two
Where is this room in the house? Attic space or main living area? Is there a FP on the opposite wall?
March 9, 2013 at 8:05AM   
Dar Eckert
I thnk I would finish the rest of the beadboard a espresso color hang floating glass shelves gor glassware & bottles artwork, tv etc.. Put a light above the shelves. You could continue the esspresso color down onto a wood floor. Add a wide bar of granite along the back wall and extend around the side cabinets. Get contrasting color stools in yellow-orange, white or yellow. A wall hanging above the shelves - something with lights like neon sign, stained glass with lights behind would looks great in the peak area above the shelves.
March 9, 2013 at 8:33AM   
janishill
What is your favorite color?
March 9, 2013 at 8:36AM   
Ginger Zambrano
It is a loft area above the living room and the Brick fireplace goes from the floor of the living room to the top of this room. There is not another opening in this room, but the chimney goes along the back wall. We are thinking of painting the walls in the living room pavilion gray an the loft stairs off black, so that may work to paint the wood the same off black. My favorite color is red :)
March 9, 2013 at 8:46AM   
A Crew of Two
I would paint the upper wood the wall color and the lowers in white. Definitely replace the floor. Wood would be nice. Update the light either like the pic below or look for something more modern Am i seeing a ceiling fan as well? The two fixtures seem to be competing with each other. Is there room to move the pool table over a little so it is not under the fan? This would allow you to create some seating with a TV to make this a true game room. Remove that mirror for sure. Some sconces on the back wall with cool artwork.Or if you like the bar idea, the pic below is cool. Pub tables if you don't like the bar idea. Grand Homes HLG - Park City Home Mediterranean Basement
March 9, 2013 at 9:11AM   
A Crew of Two
If you hate the upper woodwork- it wouldn't take too, too much to drywall over it. Except some tall ladders and experienced drywallers.
March 9, 2013 at 9:12AM     
Living room design
I need to know what to do behind the sofa? Is the mirror...
Need Help: creating home office for two
We have a bonus room we use for an office, but it's...
Where to end the backsplash?
Keep changing my mind about where to end the backsplash....
I need sofa and other design ideas for this BORING living room!
My boyfriend and I have a newly purchased Brownstone...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...