I don't know where to find a table like this
Jillian
I've just joined this Site and hoping someone will know where to find a table like that seen on ABC's "Scandal". The table is large and used as a conference room table, but I want it so badly for a dining room table. Any ideas on where to find or something similar much appreciated. Here's a photo borrowed from another design site.
DIAspoton
google repurposed wood dining tables. hundreds of photos so you should find something close.
March 8, 2013 at 5:05pm   
Rose Griegorian Events, LLC
Jilly_B - It looks a lot like the one I am posting below that is available at West Elm. There is a sheen to the table from Scandal which this doesn't have, but can be easily achieved by adding a sealant/gloss to the West Elm table.
http://www.westelm.com/products/emmerson-dining-table-g504/?pkey=cdining-tables&cm_src=dining-tables

A little further research led me to discover the table from Scandal was custom built, so you won't be able to find that exact one, but you should be able to find something close to it that you like. Good luck!
March 8, 2013 at 5:10pm     
Dirt Digger
Check out environmentfurniture.com
March 8, 2013 at 5:16pm     
Jillian
Great stuff! Found a great table there... And matching bedroom set... Getting expensive, ha ha. Thanks for the tip.
March 8, 2013 at 5:28pm   
Jillian
Rose, I have West Elm close to me, I will go see in person. Thanks for the tip.
March 8, 2013 at 5:30pm   
Eagledzines
Have it made.
Ebony, Walnut and Butternut.
March 8, 2013 at 7:09pm   
Dirt Digger
Jilly, if you find something from environment that you like try google searching the name of the table and see if there are any other companies selling the piece. Many times, distributers buy pieces from them and can sell them at a much lower price than you see on the environment website. I have several of their pieces and the qualitty is impeccable and will last a lifetime.
March 8, 2013 at 8:09pm   
Tony Brown
That is a beautiful table .
March 8, 2013 at 8:27pm   
Make it yourself!
March 8, 2013 at 8:29pm   
Tony Brown
come again
March 8, 2013 at 8:31pm   
Tony Brown
no way this is home made
March 8, 2013 at 8:31pm   
Ironwood Builders
Depends Tony..at my house? You bet. Last table top like that I built was all maple with a boomerang edge.
March 8, 2013 at 8:39pm     
Jillian
Closest thing to me making that table myself is making a dinner that will be eaten at it. I was curious what woods would work if I had it "commissioned" though; it's my dream project.
March 8, 2013 at 9:10pm     
Jillian
Also thought about using this flooring sample as a table design, reminds me a lot of the table. BR-111 Angico
March 8, 2013 at 9:24pm   
Ironwood Builders
jilly_b, There are so many exotic hardwoods to use....I go for interesting fast growing local woods...so Madrone and Eucalyptus, throw in some American cherry and some walnut (the last two not fast growing but US product). Loved the butternut idea, but it is so soft, I'd reserve it for a distressed look. Or go all reclaimed woods. Scavenging pallet sticking gives me mahogany and oak. A trip to my hardwood supply with 50,000 sq. ft. of hardwoods and plywoods might give an idea. Where are you located? I can give you a local hardwood supplier to browse through and start with your wood selections...then you just have to find a local artisan to do the work.
March 8, 2013 at 10:30pm     
Tony Brown
Exotic wood flooring all different colors trimmed with walnut or mahogany wood work lol pun intended.If y'all would check out my page tell me what y'all think please.
March 9, 2013 at 8:32am   
0825sam
Jilly - Check out this website. I found it yesterday doing a google search for your table (which I also admire while watching scandal :) - someone had it on their Pinterest board and someone named Jeremy Williams claimed to have built it. I went on his page and he had a bunch of stuff from this company in that style. http://districtmillworks.com/
March 9, 2013 at 8:39am     
Tony Brown
My sisters hubby is a master carpenter he loves to build from scratch ,I would love this table in coffee table size with end tables please ,on the coffee table two drawers no shelf open leg less dust lol.I think this would go well with my parable of the vineyard faux on my walls my very first faux finish all the wood colors would fit right in .I have never shown my first faux to anyone lol its abstract in origin .
March 9, 2013 at 8:55am   
Jillian
Sam - excellent detective skills. The table is there along with stunning matching bench.
March 9, 2013 at 2:05pm   
Jillian
Tony, lucky to have brother in law with those skills; post pics if you decide to make those tables, sounds like you have a great vision so far.
March 9, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Jillian
Hey Ironwood: I'm in the east bay, not too far from you. This is a project to do in the next 3-6 months as finances allow. Also, another poster found the exact table down in Socal from a millwork co. I also love the idea of scavenging from different pellets.
March 9, 2013 at 2:11pm   
toijames
You can also find reclaimed wood tables on etsy (I am also looking to replace my dining room set with a similar table). Most are not as polished as the Scandal table, but a few will custom make a table. I love the idea of the Scandal table, but my reality (three messy kids) says to downgrade to something I wouldn't faint over if someone etched their name into it.
March 9, 2013 at 6:10pm   
Tony Brown
He is truly gifted he has been doing Texas stars made of cedar and Texas shapes all hand inlayed for Gallery Furniture, he recently picked up Mattress Mac ,he also carves wooden figurines cowboys Indians wagons if there is and end to his skill I haven't seen it .
March 9, 2013 at 9:39pm   
Ironwood Builders
Jilly_b, MacBeath Hardwoods, 980 Ashby Ave in Berkeley, has a great assortment of hardwoods to select from. Scavenging pallets will be a bit time consuming...but I'm game. Look up my profile and give me a call. We'll go hardwood hunting. I'm about an hour from MacBeath and I can pick up some samples of local woods Monday (I need to go in to my supplier anyway, I'm ordering some freaky hinges for a set of disappearing doors). Three to six months fits with my time frame too. We'll discuss at your leisure. I'll check out the millworker down south too.
March 9, 2013 at 9:53pm   
Ironwood Builders
Jilly_b, The table and bench you like are made from reclaimed oak wine barrels. I have no idea as to where to get any here in Sonoma County...HAH! We'll talk more about the wood selection and the base as you get figured out.
March 9, 2013 at 10:05pm   
toijames
Speaking of Berkeley...There is a place on San Pablo Ave. near University that sells salvaged items. I think it's called Ohmega Salvage. In their yard, they usually have a bunch of old doors behind the clawfoot bathtubs. If they charge too much for the doors, just ask where you can find salvaged wood.
March 10, 2013 at 12:03am   
toijames
I'm opting to make my own table (sadly, I no longer live in California). It won't be as pretty, but I found a plan for the table online, and supposedly, it isn't difficult. I think the challenge will come from all the staining of the different pieces in the table top and making the finish that smooth.
March 10, 2013 at 12:08am   
Interiors by Kristina
looks like flooring material. If you look closer repeat pattern. It is flooring laminate on a board. That Chanel hand bag is too obvious. It is like department store display. Table is a fixture.
March 10, 2013 at 1:02am     
Cindy Quinton
They did an incredible table on an episode of House Crashers I watched yesterday. They used tounge and groove hardwood flooring. They laid it out on a piece of plywood of the size they wanted, and glued the T and G together, then used straps to put pressure on it while drying. I think you could do something similar DIY with a table kit base and a mix of pre-finished hardwoods of the same size and style but different colors.
March 10, 2013 at 7:43am     
Ironwood Builders
Toijames, Ohmega is a great place for architectural salvage...but for reclaimed wood, I prefer Heritage Salvage in Petaluma. Redwood and oak wine and water tanks, oak and madrone beams, eucalyptus planks, Doug fir...no exotic woods or very little...but a great source. Sorry you left the Bay Area!
March 10, 2013 at 7:58am     
Tony Brown
Been pricing materials for this table depending on the edge used can be built for around 4 to 5 hundred dollars I'm going with a bronze metallic side .coffee table and end tables my wife flipped when I showed her lol. And Cindy Quinton above is right about the table on DIY not very hard to build either awesome project.
March 11, 2013 at 1:14pm     
toijames
Ironwood, I so wish I were back in the Bay Area. I'd seek you out to craft the table for me as well. I found a place near me in New Jersey that has a lot of the reclaimed wood. I don't think I'll be finding any old wine tanks around here, but barns and flooring will work just fine. I think Kristina above is right. It does look like flooring, but Millworks says it's actually reclaimed wine barrels.
March 11, 2013 at 1:27pm   
Jillian
Ironwood, I'll look you up in late April to see what the finances allow. Your profile photos are stunning, we'd love to work with you and have local Wine barrels become our first dining table!
March 11, 2013 at 2:43pm   
Jillian
Cindy, that's what I was thinking, the table almost mimics the flooring look, that's why I included the flooring photo too. I am all for whatever gets you the look you're after for your price point, even if it's a knock-off Chanel :) that was a great comment.
March 11, 2013 at 2:47pm   
Ironwood Builders
Jillian, I look forward to hearing from you! Picked up some samples of hardwoods Monday...some great stuff. Claro walnut (local CA walnut) Lyptus (a eucalyptus hybrid) yellow heart, madrone, wenge, and some others.
March 15, 2013 at 11:48pm   
CounterEvolution
Hey Jillian, We make gorgeous tables from vintage reclaimed bowling lanes in Brooklyn. Check out our website at: http://counterev.com Coming soon a showroom in Manhattan.
October 10, 2013 at 7:44am   
Lisa Nelson Toton
What state are you in? www.terraamico.com can build this table for you with re-claimed repurposed wood. They are in San Martin, CA.
February 14, 2014 at 10:53am   
Al Fortunato Furnituremaker
toijames; I'm building a kitchen workbench for someone in Hoboken right now using reclaimed heart pine for the top. Take a look at my Houzz page to see a couple of tables from walnut that I just shipped to CA.
February 14, 2014 at 11:28am   
Jillian
Thanks to all. I ended up inheriting my grandmother's dining table and chairs, so the reclaimed table will be a dream for another time.
February 16, 2014 at 5:49pm