Need Landscaping ideas
megquill
Please share you ideas and opinions about landscaping for my home, located in northeast Kansas. I am thinking about hiring a landscaper but want to have a few ideas in mind first! Low maintenance would be ideal.
rinqreation
A darker driveway. And another lawn, with a groundcover suitable for your climate (might not be grass).
    Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 1:41PM
Jayme H.
The landscaping/brick work seems to be ignoring your part of the front of the home/foundation...If I were going to have the landscape blocks..I would haveit curving along the front of the home and fill it in with a variety of ornamental shrubs, plants, perennials. Right now it's too bare along the foundation, in my feeling.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 7:21PM
Ross NW Watergardens
Remove the lawn. You definitely need some nice plantings to screen the foundation.

What to do with all the lawn area? A dry creek can wind from the house down towards the street. It would provide a focal point that would draw the eye towards the house. The remaining beds would be very manageable.

2 Likes    Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 7:32PM
Creative Garden Spaces
Without knowing your budget...the entry walk feels too crowded. Widen the stairway as it comes out of the entry alcove and bring it another 8-10' out from the front of the garage along the driveway. (hopefullly that makes sense) You wouldn't need to remove the concrete rather build up and overlay with a concrete paver. I agree with Ross NW, a dry creek would be really nice to replace some or all of the lawn.
A trellis over the garage would give the front some nice architectural details to the house.
And, since the concrete driveway is cracked, a new paver driveway might be a better option there.
    Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 9:29AM
Synthetic Turf International of Canada
Ross I love the dry creek idea! Would definitely draw the eye to a focal point. I think that would look super sharp with some synthetic turf to green it up a bit. Loose the maintenance but pull some lush green into the scene. Blend it in with some natural shrubs and hardscaping and you have a fuss free yard your neighbors will envy!
This photo kind of gives you the idea of patching in some green with other landscaping tricks. I would really love to see a full rock creek bordered with this though!
    Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 1:35PM
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
I'd put my money into reconfiguring your entrance and some landscaping. Here's a doodle of my ideas.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 3:46PM
Need landscaping ideas
I need some help with landscaping my front yard. Ideas?...
danielleshorrock
raised home needs landscape idea
As a result of Superstorm Sandy the need to elevate...
judya47
Not sure what to plant here. Need landscaping ideas!
We are redoing all of the landscaping but I am having...
rbwi
Help! Need landscaping ideas for our front yard!
We have been in our house almost 3 years and we still...
mallgirl316
Need landscaping ideas for filling in a pond in a shady area
The pond sits on a shady slope in the back yard surrounded...
jennymsp
What do you think of the setup of my dinning room along with the chand
I hope I can assist anyone interested in interior home...
amorsi2012
Help style my master bedroom
Need decorating ideas - bedding to suit my wallpaper....
Nikki Trent
Curtain placement help!!!!
This wall is a thorn in my side. I just took down bifold...
rpl814
Thoughts on the new Bosch Benchmark appliances
We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen and...
nmgrimes
If Only I could blow this master bath up and start over. Help!
Wow, do I need help. Our house is going on the market...
sandnsyntax