Decorating ideas
sniperkiller07
I have a small living room + dining room area. I would like to make it more cozy and better. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Barbara Griffith Designs
It is too brown, you need color, pattern, and functionality. It is a great space. First, Look for a rug that is patterned and has real colors in it...size 6 x 8 min. for the seating area. Maybe an identical one for the dining area. Your wall color looks fine. Buy a pair of ready made drapery (95/96" long) simple panels in a shade that is just lighter than your wall color. Buy a decorative rod that will extend past your windows 10-12" so your drapery is just off the sides of the windows. And hang them high enough so they are 1/2" off the floor. Choose a stripe fabric using the brighter colors in your rug to reupholster your chair seats. Choose colorful patterned pillows for your sofas..do not use any that came with set. Move the love seat to the right and move the sofa also to the right. Place a table with a large lamp between them. Lower the dining light fixture to be 36" off the table top. Center the glass cabinet on the light fixture. For either sides of the china cabinet, find 2 tall large pieces of art..metal,pictures framed alike, or 4, 15-16" square pictures framed alike two stacked on each side. Again, large art centered over the sofa, again maybe several pieces. Same for the wall behind the loveseat.
March 9, 2013 at 2:30PM     
Shema hema
i think you need some color in your room . may be if you add color Pillows.
March 9, 2013 at 2:36PM     
restart
Nice room, however, I agree with the others on adding color. Would you also be willing to change the draperies to something lighter, perhaps closer to the wall color?
March 9, 2013 at 3:03PM   
Tile Floor---??Grout color
Installing a 12x12 black and white porcelain tile floor...
Need for privacy
Am I the only one who freaks out at the thought of...
Edwardian House Sitting Room Ideas Please
My family and I have recently moved into a beautiful...
Ideas for colour scheme 1970's semi detached house UK based
We are extending and renovating the house below. Please...
Just bought a house - need help with kitchen floor/wall color!
I really like the Black Cabinets and Bianco Romano...