accent wall
babyblue1588
Always envisioned a gallery wall with black and white photos in this accent/niche area, but not sure if it looks right now that I've started putting the frames up. Should I stick with the plan? Also, I plan on putting a small piece between the two chairs as soon as I find something; like a little table or floor vase..something interesting. Any suggestions?
Good concept, however, I'd prefer some frames on the pieces and that would spread them farther apart. Just a thin black frame 1"or less should do it. Post on this thread when you're done so we can see.
March 10, 2013 at 6:28AM   
A Crew of Two
I'm wondering if the matting needs to be a color? Or is it the picture orientation? Because of the shape of the space I think it needs to not be square, but taller rather than wider. Den / Home office. Crystal Cove Dining and kitchen
March 10, 2013 at 6:34AM     
rredpenn
I like it! I'd make sure the photos you select are deep, crisp black and white, like that pillow. The fuzzy gray of the frames' "photos" don't provide much contrast. A pretty shiny black table between the chairs with a funky bright lamp would look inviting and would hide the outlet. I love the chairs' color!
March 10, 2013 at 6:39AM     
babyblue1588
Thanks everyone. I planned to use black and white photos with large white mats. Might consider using colored photos, but mixing it up is a good idea. I think turning the frame orientation is a good idea..the frames are 11x14. Do you think 5 across and 3 down will be too much?
March 10, 2013 at 6:48AM   
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
What color should I paint the hallway alcove?
I am stumped, Houzzers. Behold our upstairs hallway....
What window treatment will give me light AND privacy?
We need to replace old window treatments in our dining...