accent wall
babyblue1588
March 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Always envisioned a gallery wall with black and white photos in this accent/niche area, but not sure if it looks right now that I've started putting the frames up. Should I stick with the plan? Also, I plan on putting a small piece between the two chairs as soon as I find something; like a little table or floor vase..something interesting. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Good concept, however, I'd prefer some frames on the pieces and that would spread them farther apart. Just a thin black frame 1"or less should do it. Post on this thread when you're done so we can see.
March 10, 2013 at 6:28AM   
PRO
A Crew of Two
I'm wondering if the matting needs to be a color? Or is it the picture orientation? Because of the shape of the space I think it needs to not be square, but taller rather than wider. Den / Home office. Crystal Cove Dining and kitchen
March 10, 2013 at 6:34AM     
rredpenn
I like it! I'd make sure the photos you select are deep, crisp black and white, like that pillow. The fuzzy gray of the frames' "photos" don't provide much contrast. A pretty shiny black table between the chairs with a funky bright lamp would look inviting and would hide the outlet. I love the chairs' color!
March 10, 2013 at 6:39AM     
babyblue1588
Thanks everyone. I planned to use black and white photos with large white mats. Might consider using colored photos, but mixing it up is a good idea. I think turning the frame orientation is a good idea..the frames are 11x14. Do you think 5 across and 3 down will be too much?
March 10, 2013 at 6:48AM   
More Discussions
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
What color should I paint the hallway alcove?
I am stumped, Houzzers. Behold our upstairs hallway....
What window treatment will give me light AND privacy?
We need to replace old window treatments in our dining...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™