Stop Email notifications
pinksis
How do I turn off the feature that shoots me an email every time someone else comments on a thread I have commented on? It is filling up my inbox and this is annoying. If no way to turn it off, it will certainly stop from me commenting on more posts...help!
Otherwise, love this site.
Thanks,
pinksis
Btw, I use the iPad app.
Thx
0 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 7:06AM
Go to your profile page. Click the "Edit Profile" button. Scroll to the bottom and click "Advanced settings". Then uncheck all the e-mail notification boxes. I am on a computer, not an iPad, but I think the editing page layout may be the same.
0 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 7:10AM
pinksis
Can't seem to access profile from iPad. Still stuck...
0 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 7:22AM
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
Hi pinksis,

I found it. If you look at the bottom of the e-mail.

were It says.....'Thanks, Houzz Team, you click on 'stop notification's...below

Thanks,
The Houzz Team

Stop notifications of new comments on ONLY this discussion.
Stop notifications of new comments on ALL discussions.
0 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 7:33AM
pinksis
Ok, thanks. Since I've already deleted all of the emails :-(, as soon as someone else comments to generate another email I will look for that.
1 Like   March 10, 2013 at 8:39AM
Okay, here's a comment just to generate an e-mail ;-)
1 Like   March 10, 2013 at 8:41AM
pinksis
Worked like a charm! Thank you...
2 Likes   March 10, 2013 at 9:10AM
karemore55
Help! I have submitted this problem before! I am no longer getting notifications on my Houzz discussions and I WANT to get them! It's impossible to keep up with the discussions now, and people ask me questions and I have no way of knowing unless I keep,scrolling through my discussions to see if anyone has commented. I had this problem about 6 weeks ago, then it kind of cleared up, and now it has been happening again for about 6 days. hELP - I checked my settings. I don't know what to do.
1 Like   September 21, 2013 at 12:22AM
sarabeth2
Karemore55: Yes, I too have your issue. I WANT the notifications to start. Again. But I don't get any of them now. I used to, like you said, when comment was made, then I would get the email notifications of comments added to a particular discussion. Did you find a solution? And if you answer this, I probably won't know, because I don't get notifications!
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 2:58AM
karemore55
Sara, I assume you will keep checking this thread in My Discussions, so you will see this. My problem got solved, but it was nothing I did, or that Houzz did, to remedy the problem. It has happened to me twice. The first time, it lasted a few weeks, then magically seemed to be OK again. Then, a month or two later it happened again and lasted about 6 weeks. Extremely frustrating!!!

I had emailed Houzz, and also placed that comment on the thread you found me on, but never received a response from Houzz. They do numerous updates and big fixes, and it can only assume the problem was a bug that got fixed on one of the updates. I don't know why Houzz doesn't respond and at least suggest that as a possibility.

I do know that abbyjean is currently having this problem, as she asked me about it on a thread we were both on last week. Probably,others are too, so hopefully another big fix is I n the works!

In the meantime, I found it helpful to bookmark all,dilemmas I was on that I felt were going somewhere. Lots of them don't, as you are probably aware!

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need help doing the bookmark thing. I use an iPad, but I alternate between the app and the site.

I
1 Like   February 2, 2014 at 10:00AM
Also, if you don't want email notifications but would like to check up on a thread you have commented on, you can go to YOUR HOUZZ then click on ACTIVITY. This will only show threads you have commented on - without filling your email in box.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 10:04AM
brickln
True, Darzy, but the scroll feature now duplicates discussions for some reason. I'd try resetting the email address- perhaps the "ignore" option will clear out.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 11:18AM
karemore55
Darzy and brickln, Are you referring to desktop or iPad? And if iPad, do you mean the app? I find that just keeping track on My Discussions (on iPad app) only shows last comment that I made, but not last comment made on discussion. This is why I bookmark.

I have to admit I still have problems navigating the site - the app is definitely easier to use. Except for the very annoying glitch that arose after last Houzz update where you can't see the pics you are posting until after you have submitted them. Very weird!
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 11:28AM
@karemore55...I use desktop.
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 2:07PM
unwantedadvice
I have that same issue, Karen. No pic shows up and I am in the dark and have to hope it posts! I have been using the website when posting pics because I do not want to lose my comment too.
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 2:16PM
karemore55
Yes, more and more I am finding myself using the site. It seems there is always some kind of glitch on Houzz.

Abbyjean, are you getting your notifications yet?
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 4:46PM
abbyjean
Thank you! I am!!! I ended up going to houzz customer service and twice they told me everything looked good and they saw no reason for me not to get them. They thought maybe they were going to spam and that I needed to check that. My safari sends them all to junk and that is ok, as I know where they are and I can either delete or read and respond. My firefox never put them in spam and they always came as emails. I was soooooo lucky and magically, as it seems, the very next day, I had a box full of emails again and I was sooo happy!!! I was lost with out it!!!
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 4:58PM
abbyjean
Oh, I use a lap top. AND for those also wondering how to turn off to not get CERTAIN responses anymore for any reason, right at the bottom, right under the box you can comment in, there is small green writing that says to click to switch off notifications about new comments.

Here is my question......silly, but........how do I comment and be able to write and write before I submit. Right now I can usually write one line that I can see and then I hit submit and then go back in to keep writing, so I can see what I am writing. What did I miss in the directions about posting???
1 Like   February 3, 2014 at 5:02PM
karemore55
Hmmm, I don't have that problem but maybe it's because I'm on an iPad. If I understand you correctly, you can't see all your text before submitting if you type more than one line?
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 5:21PM
abbyjean
Yes, that is right. ONE line shows and then I have to go in with that pencil icon to keep writing......which is also why I confuse some people and see they part of what I wrote and think I am done and it makes no sense as it is not finished, but I am typing away and then the rest will appear for them to see.
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 5:27PM
karemore55
Now that is interesting! I don't have that problem on the iPad, thankfully. Maybe someone else can advise you on this one?
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 5:55PM
jonathan3
Whew! Thank you. Love the site, but all the emails are a little silly.
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 8:15PM
Upgrade Property
Can anyone tell me of any notification options other than emails? Emails feel like a step back in terms of user experience. One of Facebook's biggest conveniences is the little red notification number...is there any equivalent here?
0 Likes   March 17, 2014 at 6:47AM
Stopping Email Notifications of New Comments
Hey Everyone, Ever comment on a discussion that...
How do I stop push notifications
I receive popup message when the latest newsletter...
eugeniaorr
how do I control my email notifications?
I do not want so much gray mail sent to me.
Alex Smith Garden Design, Ltd.
Email Notification Overload
I added one comment to an open discussion on Houzz.com...
Mary Freelove
Shower Floor Grout & Efflorescence
Do you have white cruddy stuff in the grout lines of...
Grout Works of Central NJ
My shady landscaping needs a facelift!
My landscaping is stuck in the '90s, and I have too...
cissyschuttee
new home in tuxedo
how do I get started . what should I be looking for...
lillym320
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Fireplace mantle too high?
Recently remodeled this fireplace, but it feels like...
lindseylulu00