Concrete counter top Love it!!
hbhwatkinsMarch 10, 2013
I have decided I do want concete counter tops. We are from a rural area in Arkansas and I can't find anyone who "does" them. Is it something you can do DIY or are there too many tricks? We are building a new house so of course I want it to done right? Also while I am doing concrete floors--any advice for them?
Kelli Kaufer Designs
I apologize that I am not getting back to you until now, I never saw this post on my houzz.... If you are DIY handy you can take this on. I do not know much about making concrete countertops as we had these made. My cousin and my brother have made their own concrete countertops but my brother is an architect (who literally built his own house with his own hands) and my cousin is a contractor... I would google as much as you can and try a small piece first as these are done in sections. Good luck and keep me posted!
    Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 7:06PM
allysongeary
I too am remodeling my small kitchen and have wanted to change out the counter tops to concrete - possibly acid-washed to create some visual interest. Additionally, I plan to strip off the flooring in the kitchen and adjoining room and do a concrete floor there as well. I live in a small semi-rural town outside of Portland, Oregon. It goes without much explaination that this will be a DIYS project! Did you find any resources you found helpful? Do you have any recommendations for me? Websites, photos, 'recipes' for materials I will need to use? Any help you can provide me will be much appreciated!
Thanks! Ally
    Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 2:27PM
concrete counter tops
What are the pros and cons to concrete counter tops....
thesixpetersons
Help with Counter Top! Raven or Concrete with Bamboo Cabinets?
I am having a very hard time chosing between Ceasarstone...
Maui Photo
what is the best counter top material thinking of concrete
designing a kitchen i have used white marble and...
BACCHUS DESIGN
Concrete counter tops
How does concrete hold up around the sink.
Joan Puppytailsdaycare
Need help with kitchen
We are building a house. My cabinet maker has just...
jstone20
Ilve Ranges Available in US?
I recently fell in love with the Ilve ranges and I...
ez063156
Boring staircase area
Hello. I have a boring staircase/hallway area that...
Rheannon Rundstrom
LED recessed light COLOR help
I recently had LED pots installed on my main level...
bubbogubbo
Boxwood??
Is this a boxwood? And if so there's a ton of big wood-...
kambrosetti