Need advice on concrete countertop sealer
snowbarger
We have installed concrete countertops in the kitchen. Getting ready to sand/polish them. Lastly seal them. After tons of research I've discovered no product protects against all elements....stains, heat, wet marks, scratching so on. Anyone find a sealer they LOVE and has produced good results?
Rockin' Fine Finish
Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams have industrial coatings for concrete just tell them what you need it for.
March 10, 2013 at 9:28PM     
Twisted Minds Custom Designs
You must make sure that the sealer you use is food safe as being a kitchen countertop. Industrial type flooring sealers are a total different product from what should be used on countertops. Did you pour the tops in place? Is this a DIY project or did you hire a pro to install? If this was hired out, the installer should have a sealer they have worked with and are comfortable with the results. If this was a DIY project, the concrete mix manufacturer you used should have a recommendation of what would work best with there product. There are no perfecct sealers, but many that will provide a good level of protection. Be prepared to spend for the best sealers, but you will get what you pay for. The proprietary sealers I use on my projects run from $50-$80 per gallon and I like to apply at least two if not three layers for ultimate protection.
March 11, 2013 at 8:18AM   
mpoulsom
We sealed ours with a concrete sealant product from home depot and we applied several layers. It will say on the back of the container whether or not it is food safe. Then applied beeswax to shine it up a bit and protect it even more. Also found something that makes it really shiny. It was just in a spray bottle and I think it is called Stone Polish. That at home depot as well. The label is green and black but can't remember the name right now. Makes them super slick.. :)
And we haven't put any heat on them, but other than that, just wipe up quickly if you do spill something. I have stainless steel trivets from IKEA that I use for hot pots and cookie sheets out of the oven. One just lives near the oven on the countertop for easy access. FYI, ours are not pristine...but have patinaed and I love them. They have character and are very basic and I wouldn't trade them for the world! Hope you love yours just as much!
March 11, 2013 at 8:42AM   
KRETETEK
Try our Concrete Countertop Sealer 660. http://ghostshield.com/shop/concrete-countertop-sealer-660/
An industrial strength, concentrated concrete countertop sealer, espcially formulated using molecular nano technology for concrete countertops. Protects from stains, oils, acids, heat, wine, scratches, abrasions and more.
February 14, 2014 at 10:43AM     
Need advice on what concrete countertop sealer to use?
Had someone pour counter and seal with Surfkoat, Infusion44....
Concrete countertop sealer
I have concrete countertops which I love. The color...
I need to find the best sealer for white marble countertops in the kit
I want to put white marble in my kitchen for countertops...
Advice needed: How to Prep Interior Concrete Floors for Painting
Can anyone give me advice on the fastest way to prep...
What else?
What else does this space need? I don't have a ton...
Bedroom flooring
We have an open Eichler house and recently laid tile...
New furniture
I cannot figure out what furniture to buy and how to...
Is this "art" ok for a Bathroom wall for selling a house?
I have a picture I'm thinking of hanging in my bathroom,...
Moving toilet in second floor bathroom
I would like to move our toilet closer to the bathtub...