Would u return these 2 chairs?
Bap Grey
I special ordered 2 matching accent chairs, and waited 8 weeks for them to arrive. After they arrived I noticed that the tufting is off; higher on one chair than the other. It's very noticeable to me, but It is in my nature not to make a fuss. Should I ask to return and reorder them?
cheyannerenee_
nooooooo
March 10, 2013 at 10:12PM   
apple_pie_order
Return them. Even the tops of the backs are not level. The tufting was poorly done.
March 10, 2013 at 10:22PM     
nukiegirl
I wouldnt reorder just return them. I too never return anything but I wouldnt keep them. They do not match! Very sloppy job.
March 10, 2013 at 10:26PM     
vjs12
Yes....Return them. Poor work done.
March 10, 2013 at 10:26PM     
LB Interiors
I agree ,return and don't reorder. Find something else. I would be very upset at the long wait also!
March 10, 2013 at 10:29PM     
alexaslani
Please return them! The tufting isn't even close
March 10, 2013 at 10:34PM     
miketz23
Return them. You paid for them, they should be how you want them.
March 10, 2013 at 10:37PM     
GARY FINLEY, ASID
did you sign and recieve them?
March 10, 2013 at 10:39PM   
GARY FINLEY, ASID
if paid via a credit card you may protest the charges and maybe the supplier will do something to correct the issue
March 10, 2013 at 10:40PM     
GARY FINLEY, ASID
these do not appear to be expensive, and may have been made out of the country. They were not likely made by the same person, or likely not in the same factory
March 10, 2013 at 10:41PM     
Susanna
Return them for all the reasons above. Expensive or not expensive, custom or not, they should be done correctly. They broke the agreement or contract, not you, by delivering sub-standard goods that are not as advertised, promised or agreed upon.

I would stop payment if you can. Take more photos to document every angle. Notify them in writing, not by phone. I'm sorry to see this happen to you!
March 10, 2013 at 10:52PM     
GARY FINLEY, ASID
be nice as you likely signed for them! Once you sign to accept merchandise, you own it.. I often sign "no visable damage" just in case something shows up I've missed....

There is likely no details of the bottoning layout ....so drive home the "PAIR" as the are not a matching pair
March 10, 2013 at 10:56PM     
rouxb
Return them-that isn't making a fuss,
March 10, 2013 at 10:59PM   
GARY FINLEY, ASID
the problem is they most likely were paid in full prior to delivery, returning may not be an easy option....where did you purchase the chairs.....are they Restoration?
March 10, 2013 at 11:00PM   
Agree with everyone here, return them. However you might be obliged to have them replaced depending where you bought them from. You just need to point out the craftsmanship problem, the store should do what it an to satisfy its client. So no need to start heavy....
March 10, 2013 at 11:14PM     
Susanna
Unfortunately, you can't start a legal paper trail after the fact. Take photos of all angles of both chairs, start a folder with all documents or agreements, sales slips, receipts, etc. Correspond by letter and save them. Hopefully, you won't need it and they will return your money. But, if you do need it later for court, you will have what you need.

I would insist on a refund, not a second chance. I would be concerned that what you can't see is as shoddy as what you can. After all, their quality control released these chairs for delivery. Whatever you signed is invalid because they knowingly delivered damaged goods (so they defaulted), releasing you from compliance. Statements that custom orders are not returnable are predicated on the seller producing acceptable quality furniture that meets or exceeds the showroom models. If all of the opposing views here get confusing, your attorney will know best. :-)
March 11, 2013 at 2:45AM     
Bap Grey
I ordered them at a "reputable", "higher end" store in Indianapolis named Kittles. They were not nearly as expensive as some items, but they cost over $1400 for the pair. I assume they were made out of the country since it took so long to receive. I was told it would take 8 weeks... Yes, I did sign for them, noticing only after I sat them side by side. Your advice is much appreciated and gives me courage. Many thanks!!!
March 11, 2013 at 6:20AM     
llamberth
Definitely return them. You paid for a professional job and did not get it.
March 11, 2013 at 6:23AM     
DIAspoton
it may not be in your nature to make a fuss but this is one time you must. be nice but firm. no way i'd give them another chance. they owe you a full refund and an apology.
March 11, 2013 at 6:28AM     
dianahb
Return; don't re-order.

Why not look for some chairs that are much older (and you will know they're well-made)-- and just have them reupholstered to your specifications and fabric, and by a reputable upholsterer. That will be nicer than anything you can order from a store these days (my opinion).
March 11, 2013 at 7:08AM     
Michael Kilpatrick Design
Return them for sure.
March 11, 2013 at 7:18AM     
pollyinparis
Return them without a doubt. The picture will prove your point period. They are not done correctly.
March 11, 2013 at 7:22AM     
maryryder
Love the chairs, but would exchange them....good luck
March 11, 2013 at 7:22AM     
Bap Grey
Thanks to all!!!
March 11, 2013 at 7:27AM   
Corinne Madias
originally I thought it wasnt a huge deal and a lot of hassle to return,but every time you look at them you will be disappointed.They are NEW, you shouldnt settle. Its not like they were on sale or at a discount store.Its what I would expect at a TJ max or something. VERDICT:RETURN!
March 11, 2013 at 7:37AM     
katfarm
Return them. Love the design. Order from another shop/furniture maker. Too bad;(
March 11, 2013 at 7:41AM   
jandority
It may not be easy to return them but it would be easier than living with them. Don't reorder
March 11, 2013 at 7:49AM     
HI -- I am with everyone else -- you have to return them . Did you know you could go to a good quality upholstery shop and pick a chair frame and the fabric and the chairs can be made just for you . If you get the chairs locally then you save on shipping costs and being disappointed and returning . Buying vintage and recovering is also a great way to get quality and like custom made . You could even buy the fabric yourself (discount fabric shops etc.) Buy on site, not sight unseen.
March 11, 2013 at 7:58AM     
GARY FINLEY, ASID
good lesson for us all to not sign for receiveing products until we look them over well.......to accept is to accept......there is a problem when ordering items that don't meet with our expectations ....ask the store representitive if they would have expected them to arrive as they did.... this is going to be either really easy to or a ong drawn out event....be nice!
March 11, 2013 at 8:02AM     
dianahb
Completely agree with lefty47. Such beautiful vintage furniture out there-- made so well (back then) that, typically, all they need is good reupholstery. If you take your time, you really can find some very nice pieces with beautiful lines.
March 11, 2013 at 8:06AM     
astraea
I'm surprised at all the comments about "long wait", because my experience with furniture - even that made in the U.S. - is that they'll only commit to an 8 to 10 week delivery.
March 11, 2013 at 8:08AM     
GARY FINLEY, ASID
these were likely from China...is my guess
March 11, 2013 at 8:11AM     
Digital Imaging by Tina - Interior Designer
Good looking chairs…. But since they have imperfections, I’d definitely would exchange them. We pay for what we get. If it were used then this would have been understandable, but in your case you special ordered them directly, which means you should have been satisfied. Good luck! Houzz “Digital Imaging by Tina” www.brentsinteriorpainting.com
March 11, 2013 at 8:14AM   
GARY FINLEY, ASID
What everone needs to realize is that different manufacturers have different standards........when purchasing at this level one must be careful to review with the one ordering the items what they are to expect...........I'm guessing that the store will return the two chairs, for a refund or to be replaced, however the real issue is that the second pair may have the same issues, unless they are made at the same plant by the same worker.....
March 11, 2013 at 8:18AM     
dianahb
Agree with above comment; the quality control simply isn't there. I've noticed, too, that anything (anything) you see that says "Imported," but does not also state the country of origin, that typically means China. And, again, the quality control is simply missing.

I recently purchased a ~1940 ceiling light for a bathroom that had been rewired for modern use, but they said the electrician might have a problem, but to give them a call if he did. So I was a little worried, but when the electrician got here, he was so thrilled to be installing something that was made in the US (despite the age), he didn't care. He also didn't have a problem with installation -- very fast-- but he mentioned he'd been installing so much that was made in China, and none of it fit, wrong parts included, didn't work once installed, etc.

You'll pay more for anything new made in the U.S., or Italy, or Germany . . . but whatever it is, it's typically made really well. But that's why I think good vintage is also so great-- or finding a furniture maker who will make to your specifications.
March 11, 2013 at 8:20AM     
Susanna
I agree with Gary that being nice is the most powerful negotiating position. I think that being prepared for a potential OK Corral with more than a sling shot is wise as well.
March 11, 2013 at 1:51PM     
wildjay86
DEFINITELY return them. I noticed it immediately before I even read your post. It will be a pain but well worth it in the end I'd say.
March 11, 2013 at 1:59PM     
dianahb
Well, I agree with Gary that the first thing I'd do is protest the charges on the credit card, but-- you know-- in a nice way. But seriously-- before I did anything else . . .
March 11, 2013 at 3:19PM   
holly122958
return or ask for a HUGE discount...sometimes affordability makes things look better
March 11, 2013 at 3:36PM     
donnakca
depends how much you paid!! lol
March 11, 2013 at 3:38PM   
jdt2149
yes
March 11, 2013 at 3:38PM   
Mickey Wind
Return them.
March 11, 2013 at 3:38PM   
nicomatt
Return... Poor workmanship.
March 11, 2013 at 3:40PM   
meglietz
I actually didn't notice the tufting until I read why you wanted to return them. If you would rather have a little extra money in your pocket and don't want to make a fuss, as for 40% off the price which will save the company a ton of money in shipping costs.
March 11, 2013 at 3:40PM   
keyster
Return!!! Why should they get your business for shoddy work?? Keeping throw pillows in front of them to 'hide' the inconsistency will get old.
March 11, 2013 at 3:41PM   
Libbmom
return them...
March 11, 2013 at 3:41PM   
As You Like It, Interior Decorating
Return them. They are not as ordered. Not only does the tufting not match but the nail head work is poor quality, uneven, ragged and not matching. The workmanship is overall, a very poor quality so I would insist on a full refund and find another company to make them.
March 11, 2013 at 3:42PM   
jan74
I 10th the return.

The tufting is all crooked, on both chairs. They are really not well made.
March 11, 2013 at 3:42PM   
Laurie Frederick_Shaver
If it is not done to your specifications then by all means call the company and see what can be done. You should not settle for less than what you have asked or what is expected. Good luck to you. They are beautiful chairs but like you stated the backs do not match and that would bug me. :) $1400 is a lot of money for one chair to be off. Do not be afraid to make a fuss it is your money.
March 11, 2013 at 3:42PM   
Jean Tuck
Yes I would prefer paying for what I asked for.
March 11, 2013 at 3:44PM   
Katheryn Becker
noo that makes them unique Keep them and be proud they are an original pair
March 11, 2013 at 3:44PM   
mzlove
yes, you are totally justified in returning them. I love the style of the chair. Poor workmanship.
March 11, 2013 at 3:44PM   
Karyn Jolink
they would go back if they were mine also if you arent really pleased with them now every time you look at them you they will bother you
March 11, 2013 at 3:44PM   
delilah
I would return them........if not, at least request a discount or some sort of compromise.....shoddy work should not be rewarded with silence.
March 11, 2013 at 3:44PM   
Gail Audette-Sand
Depends. If you can live with them and like them and where they are then keep them. Inform the store so they can warn future buyers. If you can't then try and return them. At least have a discussion with the store to see what they will or are able to do.
March 11, 2013 at 3:46PM   
J. Scott Interiors and The Well Dressed Window
Yes, I would return them. You shouldn't get any fuss from the store. I would hope that they would want to make you a happy customer!
March 11, 2013 at 3:46PM     
Chris Wiggins
Since you ordered the chairs from Kittle's, be sure to post the pictures on their facebook page (search for "Kittle's Furniture" on facebook). That should get their attention and a prompt response!
March 11, 2013 at 3:46PM     
susansherlock
I would return, too! I hope you don't have to pay return shipping either.
March 11, 2013 at 3:48PM   
Ava Chu
Return. They will be gracious.
March 11, 2013 at 3:48PM   
lindajo
Absolutely, positively...yes return these, and from my experience with Kittles they would want you to return them.
March 11, 2013 at 3:49PM   
Helene Marie Taylor
Absolutely return them. I had this issue with Restoration Hardware - after waiting 12 weeks the quality wasn't what I'm used to with RH. They even agreed they had tried a new Chinese manufacture and the quality control wasn't up to par. They were aware of the issue and I didn't bother getting another as I knew they weren't going to figure this out in time. Those chairs wouldn't pass a furniture person's inspection - they wouldn't want to sell you something that doesn't have proper tufting - the studs aren't even on either chair - so even if you bought just one chair, I'd be worried about the quality of the stud placement etc.
March 11, 2013 at 3:50PM   
sclawson
Return return return return. Matching chairs that don't match don't work, I don't think. Kittle's has a pretty good reputation for customer service though so there shouldn't be a problem. I got end tables from them once, and the coffee table had a defect, and they replaced no problem.
March 11, 2013 at 3:50PM     
Tori Sodek
Return them. You'll always be disappointed if you keep them.
March 11, 2013 at 3:50PM   
Stacey Taylor
Yes, definitely return them. You may want to give them a chance to correct the problem, but do not accept them as they are, even if they offer you a discount. It's unacceptable craftsmanship, & you will always notice the problem & it will always bother you. You deserve more than that! Hopefully they will resolve the situation for you, but if they won't or can't fix it properly, then take your money elsewhere. The best of luck to you!
March 11, 2013 at 3:54PM   
Shar Buse_Croy_Wilbert
I would return them and ask for a FULL refund and I would not reorder from them again UNLESS they give you a HUGE discount for your inconvenience.and I would let them know if they arent right AGAIN you will report them to BBB
March 11, 2013 at 3:54PM   
Helene Marie Taylor
And I disagree about the "to accept is to accept" that is not valid unless the furniture company is going to be jerks. Restoration Hardware fully agreed their quality control messed up. I've had the same issue with West Elm but kept the chairs as the difference was minor in color and knew it would keep happening and I either accept it or return without exchange. I strongly believe they are having you sign to cover themselves if it's a damaged piece of if you damage the piece moving it around in your home, or if you just merely change your mind after 16 week special order.... but quality control issue a regular person may not notice but a professional would and you are entitled to quality and it's not even that they don't match each other - you can see in the photo the quality isn't good on each individual chair.
March 11, 2013 at 3:56PM     
Renaissance Home Staging
I actually sewed this type of tufting in the past. I worked in a chair factory in the US. This was something that was done by the guys stapling it to the frame of the chair. Quality Control should have seen it... I would return it ASAP. this is BS. Even the store delivery folks should have known this.
March 11, 2013 at 3:56PM   
Catherine Gervais
yes
March 11, 2013 at 3:59PM   
bdduf86
haha I guess I disagree with a lot of people, honestly I didn't even notice at first, and unless you are going to keep them right next to each other like that...no one else will either. Life is too short to stress over tufting..it will be such a hassle to return..use that energy and do something fun with your kids ! ;) just a thought..they are nice looking chairs :)
March 11, 2013 at 4:00PM   
Bluecopper Interior Design
Return them.
March 11, 2013 at 4:01PM   
Jamie Gifford
I couldn't live with it.
March 11, 2013 at 4:01PM   
Julie Goodenough
Unless you got them "as is" on major clearance, I say return them. It will drive you crazy forever. Plus, the company should have noticed before shipping them in the first place.
March 11, 2013 at 4:02PM   
aloha42
Absolutely! And you shouldn't pay postage and handling either. Very poor job of upholstering. I wouldn't trust them to get it right the second time.
March 11, 2013 at 4:03PM   
jeanbhall
I didn't notice it at first. But you'll probably see it, and it will bother you, every time you look at them. I'd return them and make the company pay the shipping both ways. By the way, they're lovely chairs!
March 11, 2013 at 4:06PM   
Deb Henry
Return them...very poor job!
March 11, 2013 at 4:07PM   
paija
Yes, return at the company's cost.
March 11, 2013 at 4:10PM   
babbs0128
Return. I would notice it forever, point it out to everyone who visits. It would bug me that I didn't return them
March 11, 2013 at 4:10PM   
Lorri Lunak
I agree, for custom furniture this is a very poor job...I would return and not reorder, go somewhere else with quality workmanship.
March 11, 2013 at 4:12PM   
Sharyn
Absolutely return them! Poor workmanship, whoever upholstered these should be ashamed.
March 11, 2013 at 4:15PM   
carolrutha
I have worked in furniture retail and the salesperson should have checked these chairs before delivery They should never have been sent to you. It is not your problem - it is the store's.
March 11, 2013 at 4:18PM   
jmidesignstudio
The buttons do not have equal placement from one chair to the other as well. I would return or if a local company I would point out concerns and ask them tom fix appropriately.
March 11, 2013 at 4:22PM   
peejay
8 weeks is not unusual for a special order. Yes, return the PAIR.
March 11, 2013 at 4:24PM   
pamoney
Return!
March 11, 2013 at 4:30PM   
Vicky Lalehchini
Return them. $1400 is a lot of money for something that is unacceptable.
March 11, 2013 at 4:31PM   
winkapot
Yes, you should return them. They would've been lovely chairs but the workmanship is unacceptable. BTW, who's the maker of these chairs?
March 11, 2013 at 4:36PM   
promanik
I would return them ... ask them to repair them... if it bothers you now ... it will bother you later...
March 11, 2013 at 4:36PM   
yvesun
poor craftsmanship....definitely return them.
March 11, 2013 at 4:39PM   
Zelma Tedder
i would return them and ask for full refund.i did upholstery as a hobby and i could see the difference at a glance.i would never give someone something that is as mismatched as this......you will naturally use them close together and every time you look at them you will be angry..
March 11, 2013 at 4:46PM     
fiddledeedee
Absolutely I would return them!
March 11, 2013 at 4:47PM   
avajane
Agree. Return. Don't re-order. Inexcusable...
March 11, 2013 at 4:48PM   
lois8
Nothing about these chairs are identical. Ask for a refund.
March 11, 2013 at 4:50PM     
kreislfam
Where is the pride in workmanship?
Return them.
March 11, 2013 at 4:51PM     
looter
It's such a shame to have to wait that long and then end up with what you clearly have to return. Don't look at it like making a fuss if you return them. You deserve to have the products you paid for. If you keep them as is, you may always wish you had sent them back and you may regret how much money you paid for second-rate products.
March 11, 2013 at 4:57PM   
LoriAnn Britton
send them back and buy somewhere else
March 11, 2013 at 5:02PM   
suzymoore
Absolutely. Hopefully you paid for them by credit card. God luck!
March 11, 2013 at 5:02PM   
Karen McMahen
It's very obvious. Absolutely return them. There is no excuse for them even leaving the shop like that. I would go somewhere else where quality control is above "poor."
March 11, 2013 at 5:08PM   
jsksss
I'm not observant but I noticed the problem with the chairs right away, Return them & if the company balks at reordering, or returning your money take them to small claims court. I had to do this with a contractor & won. Like others wrote, you need to have your documents in order, put all correspondence,in writing & take plenty of pictures of the chairs. This may seem like a hassle but it's really not, plus it's your money. Do you have $1,400 to waste?
March 11, 2013 at 5:14PM   
sandypriestly
Absolutely no question about it YES!!!!! No excuse for this....as per everyone else - hope you paid by credit card - put a stop on it immediately.
March 11, 2013 at 5:15PM   
peggyarchambault
Very shoddy work RETURN, RETURN, RETURN. even the nail heads are uneven and poorly done.
March 11, 2013 at 5:16PM   
vjs12
Just wondering if you decided to return the chairs?
March 11, 2013 at 5:18PM   
bevballew
Return them! If you purchased from such a store they should take them back without question. I would find out where they were made. I would think they would agree with you. If they give you a hard time they are not reputable. Hopefully you charged. If not, at some point you can threaten small claims court.
March 11, 2013 at 5:20PM   
printesa
return them..they look poorly made..like someone was mentioning above, they don't seem to be made in the same location. I would look at some USA made furniture or Europe. The one made in US is actually pretty affordable.
March 11, 2013 at 5:24PM     
Daniel Wreaks
sub pare job very sloppy looking. would they live with them in there home ? doubtful.
March 11, 2013 at 5:30PM     
Dona
Absolutely return them! I would not risk ordering from this place again.
March 11, 2013 at 5:40PM   
Bap Grey
Hello all. With out argument the store agreed to either reorder, exchange or give me a full refund. If I reorder they said they would contact the manufacturer to insure I get 2 identical chairs. I am on the hunt again for different chairs. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement. It was easier than I thought it would be... Bap -
March 11, 2013 at 5:43PM     
Moyaboya
Return. Shoddy workmanship.
March 11, 2013 at 5:44PM   
jsksss
Really glad the store cooperated & did not give you a hassle!!!
March 11, 2013 at 5:45PM   
dianahb
Wow-- that was fast. Good for you!

Agree with printesa above. Buy U.S.-made (or Europe, if manufactured there and the wait-time isn't ridiculous). Quality abounds, though, in vintage U.S.-made furniture-- the kind that was quality originally. And it's all out there-- just beautiful stuff--
March 11, 2013 at 5:52PM   
usedup
Keep the Cat.
March 11, 2013 at 5:57PM     
ROI Design | reflect. observe. inspire.
Was just about to say, If it bothers you enough to ask this community, you need to return them. I just saw your update and am relieved to see the showroom did not give you a hard time. I recommend that you look for American-made, or vintage that can be reupholstered.
March 11, 2013 at 6:01PM   
Lkristine
Return them immediately, and request some sort of compensation for the inconvenience. That is absolutely ridiculous to wait that long, to only end up with poor workmanship.
March 11, 2013 at 6:02PM   
Susan Barrett
Return them ... they never should have been delivered to you in the first place.
March 11, 2013 at 6:03PM   
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Return them - tufting isn't equal from chair to chair - that's enough for me to say "no thank you!"
March 11, 2013 at 6:05PM   
Pam Burdon
If I posted this twice, forgive me. But I would ask if the manufacturer would reimburse you if you could find a local upholsterer that could correct this. They may find it more reasonable than paying return freight.
March 11, 2013 at 6:08PM   
Patti Samuelson
Definitely return them! The tufting is so wrong.
March 11, 2013 at 6:11PM   
anigib
yes return them,
March 11, 2013 at 6:16PM   
jandority
Congraduations on the amiable solution, it is always apprecieated when respect and cooperation is shown. Hope your new purchase goes well. How about a photo of your new purchase?!
March 11, 2013 at 6:17PM     
audreygwyn
Return. Don't look very comfortable!
March 11, 2013 at 6:23PM   
Bap Grey
By the way, the chairs were by CMI and I was told they were made in North Carolina. Bap-
March 11, 2013 at 6:26PM   
karlyp
Inferior workmanship.
Request a complete refund
Good Luck
March 11, 2013 at 6:33PM   
nostoppin
if your plan is to put them side by side, return. If not, who's ever going to notice?
March 11, 2013 at 6:51PM   
Pat Estavanik
looks like a production line problem..."a" doesn't see what "b" is doing. absolutely call the store forward that pic and it should be taken care of. Curious to know the manufacturer and if they are domestic or imported. and quite frankly deliver and warehouse guys don't "look" at the tufting they look at numbers and load trucks.
March 11, 2013 at 6:52PM   
dianahb
Wow. That's really disappointing to hear. I'm a native North Carolinian, and I've never heard of CMI. I looked them up, and they appear to be a family-owned business, in business for over 20 years, based in SW Georgia. So unless they have another facility, their "200,000 sq foot facility" is located in GA. Their quality control is sure lacking.

But that's both disappointing and surprising when US-made products are shipping out like that.
Once again, vintage.
March 11, 2013 at 6:54PM   
sdeggo
They definitely go back.... you are doing the company a favor by bringing the issue to their attention. Future customers will appreciate your speaking up.
March 11, 2013 at 7:03PM   
Kathleen Amatangelo
Yes! But after being in the custom order furniture world, a word of caution. NEVER accept any furniture before you inspect it from top to bottom. Once you "own" it, they will attempt to "fix" it rather than provide new ones for you. Sometimes the "small print" protects the company, if you accept a delivery. I have met trucks to inspect before they off load a delivery, just to make sure things were all good. Good luck.
March 11, 2013 at 7:10PM   
dianahb
By the way, when I looked up CMI, I did look at their products, and it appears that this page shows your chair-- not sure if it's the exact one (Item CC2168), and-- really-- even on the site, that looks superior to what you received. (Maybe it's just lighting and photography?). http://iwantcmi.com/gallery/index.php/Classic-Chairs/CC2168

Additionally, if the store where you purchased told you they were made in NC, I'd set them straight as well. Anybody who knows anything about furniture making in the US, knows about NC's furniture industry/market. So it was dishonest, at best, for the seller to tell you that.
March 11, 2013 at 7:11PM   
Kelly Starr - Rooms With A View
return...
March 11, 2013 at 7:37PM   
Michelle Elwell
Definitely return, saw the poor workmanship right away
March 11, 2013 at 7:48PM   
racford53
Return them. They will annoy you every day
March 11, 2013 at 7:50PM   
Terri Morgan
ABSOLUTELY! You paid for them, they should be the way you want them. Return them for a redo. While the tufting on the two chairs doesn't match, the tufting on the right chair is still unacceptable. I learned a long time ago, I work hard for the money I earn and if I am unhappy with something I paid for it is wrong to have to live with it just because I don't want to make a fuss. You are the customer, you deserve to be satisfied. They didn't upholster those chairs for free! REDO!
March 11, 2013 at 8:04PM   
Joy Varnell
Eight weeks can be average for a wait for custom, but if it's custom GET IT RIGHT. If you don't return them, you will see it every time you look at them. That's just not worth it. Return them and get it right, You'll be glad in the long run.
March 11, 2013 at 8:06PM   
nasmijati
Return the pair. Do not re-order.
March 11, 2013 at 8:15PM   
dragoness
Return, reorder make sure they understand the reason for the return and reorder. you want and deserve a matching pair
March 11, 2013 at 8:19PM   
Yvonne Fitts
One is perfect. the other is low quality......I would return them and cancel order at that place....Go somewhere else!!!!
March 11, 2013 at 8:30PM   
LB Interiors
Congrats. I would take a full refund and go somewhere else.
March 11, 2013 at 8:39PM   
Sobeida Manan
whatever you do, keep the cat :-)
March 11, 2013 at 8:44PM     
Vicki Sindelar
I am so tired of people trying to get by with shabby work. Return, and do not deal with them, again.
March 11, 2013 at 8:48PM     
3yn20h9a
Yes, return them, unless the upholsterers grant you a 50% reduction of their fee. Then I would separate the two chairs and add pillows.
March 11, 2013 at 10:39PM   
Cindy Johnson
It will drive you crazy if you don't . You paid for a quality product and when ordered in a pair they should match. This is not right of the company to even have sent them out.
March 11, 2013 at 11:32PM   
Helen Roberts
oh most definitely...i upholster, and that is such a bad job. and im sure y paid alot..AND when u point it out, they should be very embarrassed , dont act like its a little thing...its a BIG thing...that is not what u paid for...u wanted chairs that match, and those do not...
March 12, 2013 at 2:01AM   
Inger Nyborg
Return them. The company that has delivered these chairs have no pride in their own work. They probably just think that this is easy money. Demand your money back and find someone else for the job.
March 12, 2013 at 2:21AM   
Charlotte Puglisi
Your ordered matching...return them.
March 12, 2013 at 3:52AM   
Wendt Design Group
Yes, return the nailheads and the sides of the arms on the front panels are not consistant, one side has the nailheads in an almost straight line and no curve. I would write a letter that stipulates that the next chair must match the first exactly or you have the right to return the pair and get all of your money returned including the freight, money for the fabric, the sales tax also. Then you can start again to find the right chairs with someone that has a reputation for quality goods. Now, if they are repairing the front panel of the one chair or making a new chair, they need to check and make sure that the dye lot of the fabric is the same, or this will show.
March 12, 2013 at 5:15AM     
sfs619
That's the first thing I noticed. I would return them and purchase chairs elsewhere.
March 12, 2013 at 5:52AM   
Wendt Design Group
Yes I would return and get all the money back. For the price you paid, it would be easier to find chairs you like and can purchase on the spot. I have found Crate and Barrel, Room and Board to have products with moderate prices to have chairs and sofas that when ordered look and feel like the samples on the showroom floor.
March 12, 2013 at 6:06AM   
bevballew
I believe they let her return the chairs. She indicated so above I believe. What bothers me is the store you bought the chairs from. They did not have the decency to bring the poor quality to your attention and say they will have to reorder or do something about it. I don't know if I would want to do business with them. They did not seem to care about what they sent you.
March 12, 2013 at 6:11AM     
holly72210
Absolutely return them you paid good money for them and you want what you paid for. I would return them. Let me ak you this GARY FINLEY would you keep those chairs nif you bought them and they came to you looking like that?????? I think NOT
March 12, 2013 at 6:44AM   
Susie Dewaele
Agree w ith Holly72210...you've paid for them, expected things to be a certain way and they are not. The chair on the left apears to be "off" - that the arms are not even.
March 12, 2013 at 6:58AM   
wencassell
Return them! Every time you look at them you will see the workmanship was not up to standards.
March 12, 2013 at 8:08AM   
Kasia Spoz Bismor
return for sure.. the arms are not the same size, it's not level, and the tufting is off as well. Who knows what will arrive if you re-order.
March 12, 2013 at 8:31AM   
Denise Butchart
Yes I would return them. Remember you have to with this for a long time.
March 12, 2013 at 10:48AM   
Karen Cogswell
You payed for a matching pair,send them back.
March 12, 2013 at 10:50AM   
JWinteriors
Absolutely! It is a huge difference!
March 12, 2013 at 11:22AM   
janelew
Send them back and I would look for another store to get chairs.
March 12, 2013 at 2:44PM   
Rachel Medina
I would send them back too.
March 12, 2013 at 2:57PM   
lexsali
Return them, but don't reorder. Unless you have a lot of time to go through this again if they screw up a second time.
March 12, 2013 at 2:58PM     
Personal Touch Interiors
Hello yes I woudl return them, or ask to have them re done, they are a very nice style, but seems like a poor quality upholstery job was done. Good luck.
March 12, 2013 at 10:44PM   
robertgue
As a designer/Architect, I would definitely return them. You ordered a custom piece and waited 8 weeks to get then, you should get the quality of craftsmanship you paid !!!
March 13, 2013 at 5:50AM   
kimbergarden
I would be making the biggest fuss ever. These look terrible.
March 13, 2013 at 7:24AM   
Nancy Hehmann
I agree they should replace or refund. I do like like it when we are able to get products not made in China for a change. You might want to look at Carrington Court Direct website. They have accent chairs but not just like yours. They are made in NC. I am not affiliated with them but purchased beautiful black leather parsons chairs from them and a sister in law did as well. Hers were shipped to Houston. I was pleased but of course again I am only a consumer. I would love to know if Charles Rogers makes good products because they have a tufted leather one on their website I am interested in. ANy experience?
March 13, 2013 at 7:45AM     
cottage44
Return them immediately!! It appears they didn't finish the tufting across the bottom of the one chair. NO WAY WOULD I KEEP THEM.
March 13, 2013 at 11:37AM   
jen01810
Yes return them. You would have paid a premium price you should expect perfection. The mistake is very obvious, if they where on clearance that's different. Don't feel bad just keep your cool when pointing out the mistake. Good luck.
March 13, 2013 at 1:47PM   
kellychristine7
Yes return them. Why should you pay for something that isn't to your liking.
March 17, 2013 at 8:44AM   
GARY FINLEY, ASID
Have you taken any action at this point?
We have know about this situation for 6 days now and many have commented? Did I miss something?

Let us know what is going on. Hopefully you have reported the situation to the store from which you bought this, as timing is important with this type of thing!!!! Good Luck and let us know
March 17, 2013 at 8:47AM   
dianahb
Bap Grey posted this, 6 days ago. I've copied; see below:

"Hello all. With out argument the store agreed to either reorder, exchange or give me a full refund. If I reorder they said they would contact the manufacturer to insure I get 2 identical chairs. I am on the hunt again for different chairs. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement. It was easier than I thought it would be... Bap -"
March 17, 2013 at 9:00AM   
GARY FINLEY, ASID
Great news ...................thx
March 17, 2013 at 9:02AM   
M E
I would return them. I noticed they were off right away. Other then the fabric they don't look like a matched set.
March 17, 2013 at 10:29AM   
Wendt Design Group
Just remember to sit on the chairs, so you know what they feel like and if they are comfortable.
March 17, 2013 at 10:38AM   
DOWNS INTERIORS
You should definitely return them! Don't settle for something that was so expensive and probably time consuming to look for. You deserve to get exactly what you wanted, you are paying for them.
March 17, 2013 at 11:10AM   
jdt2149
ok everyone i think she gets it.
March 17, 2013 at 1:37PM     
Bap Grey
Thank you all!
March 20, 2013 at 10:57AM   
eastendgirl999
return them for sure and ask for a discount on the next two based on the time you had to wait and the mismatched design flaw.
March 20, 2013 at 11:00AM   
aniluap2
Glad you had a happy ending . The store seems service oriented and I would have confidence using them again
March 20, 2013 at 11:19AM   
Wendt Design Group
Sounds like you have got a handle on the negotiating points!
March 20, 2013 at 11:47AM   
katelyndunkel
I'd definitely return these!
March 20, 2013 at 2:00PM   
sacapuntaslapioz
try nice first. if all fails pick the busiest day, probably Saturday. take the chairs with you and make a BIG fuss. repeat the following week. you will be scaring all their customers. they will take them back.
March 20, 2013 at 2:08PM     
browsermum
Look at Home Decoraters "custom tufted barrel chair". It is almost identical for a much lesser price and if you wait for a sale (which they have often) you can get a good price point. I have ordered a headboard and a couple of chairs from them and have been satisfied. Good luck!
March 20, 2013 at 2:37PM   
laurakdesigns
If its a "reputable" store they will return them no problem. Signing for them means nothing -- but don't wait too long to complain. Seriously! I have custom ordered from Highpoint (discount) and have gotten great service. Go with a quality manufacturer, pay a little more and you'll be happier long term. Try Henredon, Sherrill, Century, Baker and it will last So many stores are pushing lower priced stuff that is total junk. Target has better quality than what they sent you!! If you have a hard time doing this, just send a letter. Go girl!!!
March 20, 2013 at 8:20PM   
Bap Grey
The store refunded my money and are scheduled to pick up the ugly, decrepit chairs this weekend. I decided to purchase from another store, and to add a bit more to my budget for better, higher quality chairs. Thanks everyone!!!
March 20, 2013 at 8:28PM     
awonkeydonkey
Absolutely return
March 21, 2013 at 6:30PM   
Need ur value able suggestion
Need ur help fr my apartment ... Read the 1st pic plzzz.......
Looking for advice Wall Color and Front Desk Color
I was thinking of going white gray with the walls....
New spot for microwave
We have moved our fridge. I got a new microwave and...
I need help picking exterior paint colors
I want to change siding, and shutter colors. Also,...
Searching for modern barstool
Hello, I recently purchased a new condo. I am searching...