Banquette design
tracygradolph
Carpenter built banquette...I wanted it counter height....I think I made a huge mistake. weird seamless corner window. Bench is 24 inches high.,,,...I need help finishing it. Cushions, backing and table ( how tall?) Glass?....any suggestions greatly appreciated...want to keep light and bright.
Myers Constructs, Inc.
A seat is typically around 18-19 inches high. When in doubt measure a chair that you find comfortable.

Now that you have a counter height seat of 24-25 inches, you will need to get a counter height table. Why not get that first then work to match draperies and cushions to it?

I would take some graph paper and draw up the banquette to exact proportions, then find an oval or rectangular table to fit it. Be sure to leave enough room to cross your legs while sitting at the table.

A nice marble top can be cut for you and mounted to a cute antique iron base you might paint white or be bold and keep it black.

Alternately your carpenter who did a nice job, might build you a nice wooden table.

I like those adjustable table feet nice since they mean you can take any wobble out of the table. If your wooden table doesn't have them you can usually get them from the home store and install them yourself.

It's a nice banquette. Hang in there and finish the project. You have to have the stomach for renovating. No second guessing! : )

Diane Menke
Myers Constructs Inc.
myersconstructs.com
1 Like   March 13, 2013 at 8:20AM
tracygradolph
I did counter height because--its a galley kitchen and I thought I could work on the table if needed. We did new tile, base and crown molding, new appliances....the countertops will need repaired or replace. They are cracked...And still need backsplash. Thank you---I love your ideas.
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 8:30AM
Schulz Design Consulting, LLC
I would wall mount the cushions on the wall, similar to a wall mounted headboard. This way they stay in place as you don't have much height. I would add a table other than white. I think you are getting too white in this room. Maybe a gray toned wood table. If you want a monochromatic white kitchen that is great, but you have to add hues of white, light and darker. I think grays are your ticket, it is hip and hot right now, easy to find.
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 8:38AM
tracygradolph
There is some gray in the flooring...I would like to do bamboo roman shades on the windows and sliders....do you think this may work. This is florida...and the area is small. I did the banquette because of the small weird corner.
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 8:46AM
Myers Constructs, Inc.
Yep for sure the shades would be nice.

Keep samples of tile, shade fabric, paint etc in a box or file for when you go shopping for things. It really helps to have these references. Your last selections will be easy to adjust items like cushion fabric or paint.

Personally I always hire a window treatment pro to measure and install the treatments even if I purchase them myself on line. Its worth the $ to see that things fit nicely and look well finished. I think its around $35 - $60 per window area to measure for ordering and return to install, and can be well worth it when you are spending a few hundred or more on window treatments in a room.

Diane Menke
Myers Constructs Inc.
myersconstructs.com
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 8:51AM
tracygradolph
Great Idea! Thank you---I go so far--then get stuck.
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 9:33AM
Myers Constructs, Inc.
I think that is what Houzz is here for ; )
Have fun! Be bold!
Diane Menke
Myers Constructs Inc.
myersconstructs.com
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 9:36AM
cinbob
lol I live in a small florida home also with a weird corner open dining area..I wanted a custom banquette done but the designer never got back to me so I ended up finding 2 homemade benches with cushions and they have seperate one piece back cushions..I have a oval table with 2 chairs on outside also. Your area looks like a circle table would be best. Good luck..Who built it looks like he did a great job..is he in the St Petersburg area by chance?
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 9:48AM
cinbob
And also find some pops of color you like..too much beige and white starting to look washed out..
0 Likes   March 13, 2013 at 9:51AM
tracygradolph
Thank you bit we live in Vero beach. He spent 2 most here when we purchased the house. I havwhi
0 Likes   March 14, 2013 at 6:47AM
tracygradolph
I want to stay neutral. But it needs something fun. Sunbrella fabric for easy maintenance.
0 Likes   March 14, 2013 at 6:51AM
tracygradolph
Measured banquette---70 inches left-70 inches right side---96 inches from corner to corner. Should I go round or square? And what size?? 36" or 42" .
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 8:36AM
DMH DESIGN
Tracy, I suggest a square table, so users can 'belly up' when seated at the two sides of the banquette. It will also serve others in the separate seats much better. Nice work, and it has built in storage, which is a definite plus.
0 Likes   May 31, 2013 at 7:08AM
tracygradolph
American Trading Company F03STBH Futura Table Base
by American Trading Company
Item #: ADG-F03STBH
Model #: F03STBH
Considering this for table base. Thinking about using using glass to keep it light.
0 Likes   November 24, 2013 at 4:10AM
Hi I am trying to emulate your design on this banquette
Is the back of the seating area the back of the a paneled...
Cynthia Bruce
Need help designing a kitchen banquette
I need someone that can take a look at the space in...
amass0821
Table/banquette design
Beautiful set....was the table custom or purchased?...
lilysmama
need site layout ideas
mass housing units
Emefa Ahiable
Dining Room/No Room for Sideboard
The width of my dining room won't support a server/buffet/sideboard....
katomommy
Help with Sofielund kitchen from Ikea!
I love the look of Sofielund kitchen. My dilemma is...
barbara0955
Blank wall girl nursery
Hi - I'm looking for some design or art ideas for my...
robynegreene
need help with bathroom. am selling house
/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1814.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1815.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1818.JPG...
Justine Laver