Dee Wells
June 9, 2011 in Other
I am building this home in newfoundland, canada . I need some ideas for landscaping the front of the home
bepsf
First thing I'd do is call in a landscaping consultant who is familiar with your area who can make appropriate recommendations for your environmental conditions...
...but in general, I'd think that a curved driveway of masonry pavers would be appropriate if you have the space - continuing up to a generous front stoop with a pair of thick columns to provide visual support to the bump out in the center of your 2nd floor facade, as without visual support it appears quite awkward.
0 Likes   June 9, 2011 at 9:02AM
Dee Wells
i totally agree with the bumpout, its just not finished yet .. there's going to be a veranda going along the front of the house with railing and four columns. im just not sure how to do the driveways , walkways etc . thanks
0 Likes   June 9, 2011 at 11:07AM
JROs Heavenly Designs
You really should consult a landscape designer. In the South most everything blooms and comes back.....in Canada the weather and soil is totally different. If possible and if they are able to survive the weather in Canada, Hydrangeas (multiple colors) survive most any weather. I design many homes in Louisiana and they have survived many hurricanes and tornados. Consulting with a landscape designer would be the best for you.
0 Likes   June 9, 2011 at 11:30AM
mousemaker
when the veranda is done can we all come and visit? :)
you might want to have gardens--one for vegetables and the other for picking flowers, esp. if you have perennials in the front. i agree with the other posters that a consultant would be a good idea. you could plant all native plants. several famous gardeners are available at the library (i push libraries because it's just fun to hold a real book) Gertrude Jekyll, Elizabeth Lawrence, Vita Sackville-West..
0 Likes   June 18, 2011 at 12:59PM
Luxurystyle
Hello,I saw your question,your home look as colonial style,if you will need for your home authentic interior encaustic tiles or for driway old granite cobblestones,trought,flowerpots,..please check out our web site : www.antiquematerial.eu
Best regards
Ludek
0 Likes   June 19, 2011 at 5:04AM
Remodeling 70's look master bedroom
We just bought a house that was built in the early...
Fenny Kwan
Facelift and ideas required!
Looking for suggestions to exterior. After 20 years...
Roger Burns
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
Need help finding fabric.
Does anybody know what name/brand this wallpaper is?...
lollymay80
Wood Floor Choice!!!! Down to 3 Options...HELP
I have narrowed it down to 3 flooring options...feel...
mark617