Kitchen colors for beach house
dm8338
redoing house..open concept. Kitchen has white cabinets and light hardwood floors..boring! but builder says dark floors will scratch with sand from beach..so..need to come up with new colors for backsplash, countertops and walls..Don,t want nautical or seashells all over. want classy. Please help..was going for dark floors.
creeser
I'd keep the tones light. I think a lot of people drift towards blues for a beach house, but I saw a Candace Olsen show where she used paint the color of sand for a beach home. It translated well as 'beach' without being kitchy.
1 Like   March 14, 2013 at 5:46AM
0825sam
I agree with the sandy look - I love love the backsplash in the attached photo. If its not too much white for you I would consider a white quartz backsplash. In the photo it's caesarstone - I have silestone white Zeus extreme in my kitchen with white cabinets.
I think something like this backsplash will allow you to use any accent color or shade of blue you want.
I also like a Carrara marble with a black counter as well. You could do a carrara subway, hexagon, skinny rectangles, I also like subway in a herringbone pattern.

0 Likes   March 14, 2013 at 6:19AM
0825sam
P.S. are you already decided against the dark floors?
0 Likes   March 14, 2013 at 6:20AM
dm8338
Thanks for comments..how about gray quartz for countertops and white backsplash with an accents tile thats neutral for a pop of color...like ???
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 3:56AM
olldroo
The light hardwood floors might look boring to you, but honestly you would have regretted the dark floors. As the builder said, sand will scratch and marks will show up much more on a dark floor plus every little bit of fluff and dirt shows too. Dark floors are actually harder to keep clean than white ones. The light colour will give you house a more 'beach' style too.
2 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 4:13AM
Gray quartz counters with a white backsplash will look lovely. Just be aware that any accent tile you choose will "date" faster than the more neutral details of the rest of the kitchen. That's not necessarily a reason to avoid it, but it's worth thinking about carefully.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 5:13AM
creeser
I would keep the accent tile neutral and bring in the color with your curtains, rugs, vases. Turquoise would be lovely with the neutral palette and keeping with the beach feel.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 5:17AM
Beach house wall color kitchen countertops
White cabinets white tile floors looking at blue gray...
buddy2577
Open floor reverse living beach house color for LR, DR, kitchen?
I would love to use BM revere pewter, my mom thinks...
krist2ll
Beach house kitchen counter
Very difficult choosing bay house kitchen counter granite....
aggiegirl52
Help! Help! SOS... updating exterior
Need some suggestions updating the exterior of our...
sandrafasy
HELP FOR NEW SOFA COLOR PLEASE!!!!
CHANGING COLOR SCHEME- NO MORE RED! room is painted...
house2514
Dining room
What can I do to improve this space? I am reluctant...
Kelly Holt
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...
Need help with lightening stain on wood. Pickled faux?
The color of this wood makes the room so dark. I wanted...
susankirk1