Mirror mirror on the wall!
taywel
I am thinking about changing the wall decor over the couch. I saw a fabulous mirror (see below) but do you have any other suggestions or if you are thinking a mirror like me, feel free to suggest pieces that are scale appropriate. Many thanks Houzzers!
A Crew of Two
I think you need something with cleaner lines. I like this one with the pop of smaller mirrors. Or the classic look of the other. Lakewood Bathrooms Classic Antique Gold & Mahogany Wall Mirror
March 14, 2013 at 6:38am   
What's Inside Design Ltd.
Good morning Taywel,

You have a lovely space, and it's also a lovely mirror.
My only concern would be if the finish/style of the mirror will work in your space.
In order to help blend the styles, I would recommend repeating the geometric pattern and brushed nickel finish elsewhere in your room. Ex: Coffee table, lamps, area rug
This will take your space out of it's current traditional look and lean it towards more of an eclectic style.
Good luck and have fun!
Caroline :)
March 14, 2013 at 6:49am   
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
Like the mirror but dont see it working in your rooom --unless maybe in another finidh such as walnut / dark brown .. The decoration you have over your sofa is fun maybe you can reuse it somewhere else. I would hang them one over the other (all 3) on a narrow wall.
March 14, 2013 at 9:07am   
taywel
Thank you all for your input. Caroline thanks for mocking the mirror for me, it allows me to see that it won't work! Pyramid, agreed, I am somewhat eclectic , but my style is clearly more traditional. Funny, I've turned into mom after all :). Kelly I like the border on the gold traditional frame , the other is more contemporary and takes me out of my "style comfort zone". So much to consider, I agonize over these decisions. I appreciate the help.
March 14, 2013 at 9:10am   
I love that mirror! Unfortunately I don't think it goes well with your golden walls. Can you find a mirror that's framed in the same wood tones as the wood of your furniture? I think a dark wooden frame would be perfect.
March 14, 2013 at 10:02am   
taywel
What do you think of these pieces? Do you think it will make the room seem dark. They would be hung horizontally.
March 20, 2013 at 6:49pm   
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Office - How to decorate open shelves
I've just had cabinets and shelving intalled in my...
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...