I like it. Does the re-bar have a specific purpose in your situation. I think I need to add vertical elements.

Nick FonesMarch 14, 2013
Vertical elements to keep dog and domestic fouls in, and deer, dogs, foxes and coyotes out. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Guard rail made of rebar, redwood and wire · More Info
Moore About... Design
Thanks for asking! The rebar serves as the guard rail, but the material was chosen strictly for aesthetics. What I have done on several projects to serve your purposes is to use 4" square wire stretched between posts - it restrains animals and children, but stays rustic AND disappears if you have a view behind. You can find it in any home improvement store. Good luck!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 11:18AM
Nick Fones
Thank you for responding. We are trying to do really cheap espalier fence, which will eventually go about 120' across the yard to separate the wild from the garden. The ground is very uneven, so I think stringing wire, like in your 1st photo, is preferable to the ridged panels in the 2nd photo, because of all the trying to fill in underneath. I'm surprised how much we like the rebar, it ads to the whole composition. Are you in the Portland area?
    Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 12:12PM
Moore About... Design
Nope, so the only wildlife I have in Topanga Canyon are bunnies and squirrels!
    Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 3:05PM
An Unfinished Living Room
A while back we purchased a sofa, two chairs and ottoman...
andoverlakes
I'm almost scared to post this dilemma
There's a long backstory but it ends like this...the...
keirat
Fix yard after digging.
Last fall a trench was dug from the house to the garage...
grisler
need help to add warm in an open plan living area
Inherited taupe carpeting, white walls and brown sofas....
leilaskye