Is that a steamer tool in the top left corner?
charlottemom
March 14, 2013 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Bay Cabinetry & Design Studio
Hello,
To answer your question simply, yes that is a steam tool! This is a handy built in cabinet inside of a relatively small laundry room that measures only four inches from the outside drywall, with another 3 inches hidden behind the studs and interior drywall. An outlet was wired to the inside of the cabinet to provide complete convenience for the homeowners thereby removing the need to plug any accessories in before folding, ironing or steaming their clothes. Just open the cabinet, do your thing and run out the door! Thanks for your interest!
March 17, 2013 at 8:40am     
pharmdwong
what is the cost to get one of this ?
March 21, 2013 at 10:42pm   
PRO
Bay Cabinetry & Design Studio
Hello...The cost is dependent on exactly how you go about constructing the cabinet and where you have your door and mirror fabricated. This particular cabinet box was completed by the builder who was working on site, with the door being wrapped in stainless steel with a mirror placed on the front. If you are a handy craftsman you could make the box and flat slab door yourself relatively economically at about $100, and have the mirror and stainless fabricated for around $150. This is quite a bit cheaper than going through a semi-custom cabinetry line for the work, however, you would need to inset the cabinet into the wall yourself which would take a small amount of drywall work and painting. This may be tricky since you have to watch out for any wiring! I hope this somewhat answers your question. Have a great day!
March 23, 2013 at 11:17am     
Sunny Arslan
great
April 8, 2013 at 1:18am   
Khanh Leduy
I'd like to say that this "ironing box" is really creative which enhances the neat and beauty of the living room. Great! Anyways, it fits left-handed persons huh!
September 24, 2013 at 7:50pm   
jfmaustin
To clarify the steam tool question, there is no steam "tool" in the ironing cabinets upper left corner. This is an "IRON-A-WAY built-in ironing center. That is a light in the top left corner, and it is activated by turning the manual timer located directly below. The timer allows the light and power for the iron to function during use. The power and light will both cease functioning when the timer reaches zero, then it would require being reset to continue using.
January 1, 2014 at 7:32am     
jfmaustin
Another clarification. This is a "purchased" unit. It comes complete and ready for installation. Customization of the unit, such as replacing the cabinet door with a door to match the interior decor of the home, is an option for the builder to handle or the handyman homeowner. Also, the middle shelf may be an optional add-on as well.

As far as this being only for left-handers was a good question. The door to this ironing center will hinge 180 degrees affording access from either side of the ironing board. As pictured, it is only hinged 90 degrees, but it looks as though there may be enough room for the door to open and stow flat against the wall affording access for both left and right-handed folks.
January 1, 2014 at 7:49am     
More Discussions
Need a cheap way to update this pink bathroom
I just bought an old home badly in need of updating....
Need help with flooring for our new hill country contemporary home
We like handscaped wood floors but not sure about using...
Need paint color advice: black ceilings?
My wife and I are buying a foreclosure and having it...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Help!! Pretty please. I need lots of ideas.
I was given a couple ideas but still unsure if we should...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™