A colour suggestion for my bathroom please...
antje121
I'm having a devil of a time finding the perfect colour for this bathroom in our newly constructed house. Pics are of the shower and close ups of the tiles. The blue/grey are on the shower wall (along with white and accent mosaic). The other is the floor tile. There is no window so something light would be preferable. We are aiming at a very earthy colour scheme in our house. A Benjamin Moore, Behr, CIL or Sico colour suggestion would be great as they are readily available here.
Barnhart Gallery
I hate to give you the "boring" answer, but I'd suggest you make your best color match to the upper body of tile in your shower, otherwise, you'll have what feels like a dark stripe above that doesn't belong there.

However, if the beige-y white is only in the shower, and this will have a curtain in front of it, I'd pull the lightest matching blue/grey out of your second picture, the majority of your lower tilework, maybe even going up a shade from there.

Can you post a photo from the other direction?
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 5:51PM
World Contracting LLC
light gray
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 5:52PM
antje121
Sorry, not sure what you mean by the other direction. The top tiles are white as is the ceiling. They look cream coloured in the photo but that is an artefact of the flash. The white paint is flat thus the difference.
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 8:35AM
Barnhart Gallery
The rest of the room. Wondering whether the white tiles continue outside of the shower. Beautiful shower, btw!
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 8:54AM
Denice Shuty
The stark white tile is a bit of a wrinkle. If you go with a darker paint it will make the white tiles look like a glaring band. There are gorgeous hues in that glass mosaic, but you have a lot of darkness with the larger tile, so in a room with no windows I would make the paint fairly light, and hope you are doing lots of can lights and other light fixtures. Gray paint would look dull and depressing to me. I think a lighter khaki would look nice, then use copper or plum accents/accesssories to pull out the colors in the mosaic. I would like to see fixtures that have some sparkle to them, not matte or brushed finishes.
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 9:07AM
antje121
Thank you! The rest of the room is hard to photograph without a wide-angle as the bathroom is so small. It is octagonal to boot so continuing the tile isn't an option. We also plan on a built in cabinet to deal with awkwardly angled walls between the shower and the toilt. The shower will have glass sliding doors and is designed to be dog friendly (hopefully over the coming years we'll save enough on dog groomers to pay for this extravagance. Our doors in the house (pic of a door, though not bathroom, attached) and trim are an amber (aged) pine. My big concern is that it's going to get too busy but I also don't want to cop out and paint the walls white (though admittedly I am starting to get tempted, argh).
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 9:14AM
antje121
Thanks for those comments, Writely. I totally agree. I had to make fast decisions on the tiles so white seemed safest (in keeping with the toilet and the white porcelain sink. I tried a blue/grey and it was just that, depressing. I do have lots of lighing, a pot light in the shower itself, a white celing light and a very simple triple light fixture over the sink (which sits on a rounded stained wooden cabinet with those warm orangy tones). The fixtures, as you suggested, are chrome. Not my usual choice but I seemed appropriate here. I think the wall colour has to be very neutral. This isn't the place for the walls to make a statement. But I am having such a tough time finding something that works.
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 9:25AM
Merit Kitchens
Have a look at Benjamin Moore 2120-50 Silver Spring. I think it goes with your wall tile and the mosaic.
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 9:26AM
Denice Shuty
That makes sense antje to pick the white tile to reference the white toilet, etc. Now that I see the amber door tones I like the idea of a khaki even more. Get those handy paint samples and try some variations. Paint them on some 12 x 12 pieces of luan plywood or foam core and place them around the room. Look at them in your space with your lighting.
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 9:54AM
Cathy Welman_Nolan
I'm thinking an off / warm white (yes! sorry!) to reference the other whites in the room. Then go crazy with towels and other accessories, using any of the shades from your gorgeous mosaic border.
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 10:17AM
Barnhart Gallery
Wow, that's gorgeous woodwork, and it would look beautiful with a grey/blue from your tile. Could you maybe paint up to the edges of the shower? Love that your room isn't a standard box -- comes with its challenges, but will be a neat space. (And I can't get my Great Pyrenees groomed for under $100. In fact I can't get my current Pyr groomed at all, as he's a last-resort rescue who's a danger to strangers -- we're his fifth -- and forever -- home.)
0 Likes   March 16, 2013 at 10:57AM
Help me finish our family room please
So far we have laid new carpet, put in a new gas fireplace,...
Can I use my bonus room as a gym??
Can someone pls help me, that can I use my bonus room...
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
Need Help for my bedroom
i need to know, wht type best suits the floor and wht...