Need help with my family room
druidess2511
March 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I ha e a large room, 26' square, with a quarter wall separating the two areas. The dining table, sideboard and china cabinet are light oak. The piano is dark mahogany, be bookcase is teak. The bureau is also mahogany and the coffee table is black and dark red to match with the rugs and curtains.

I have attached some photos. I need help bringing the areas together and some colour on the walls. If it helps the dinner service is grey,blue and white.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Serious clutter and lack of definition. Is it an office dining room library music room TV play room? You'll have to do some heavy cleanup to begin the process. Post again after you're ready to get to the re-design.
March 15, 2013 at 9:32am     
patriciarhall
druidess, is there carpet under the piano and is it gray? The gray, blue and white of your dinner service could serve as inspiration for colors. It looks like you have good light in the spaces. Not able to figure out the quarter wall from the pictures. Could you post a few more?
March 15, 2013 at 1:10pm   
druidess2511
Thank you for coming back to me. Decluttering is in progress! I need inspiration to keep me going...
March 15, 2013 at 1:59pm   
druidess2511
Under the piano is a tiled stage, the tiles are dark grey with reddish tint. Good idea about using the dinner service for inspiration though I don't know how to do that with the red rug. I am loath to lose it as it protects the floor and was very expensive!
March 15, 2013 at 2:03pm   
druidess2511
These pictures are of the dividing wall section from every angle. I hope they help to get an idea of the room.
March 15, 2013 at 2:07pm   
patriciarhall
you can go to houzz and search red and gray or gray and red and see how these colors are put together in some pretty ways. white and blue can be used as accents in your book case, in art and lamps.
March 15, 2013 at 3:12pm