Help! Sofa Color - White or Dark?
lightelf
March 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Please excuse my bad drawing. We wanna get a sofa + TV area at this part of our apartment living room. I have decided on TV and TV stands. But we really need suggestion for color of the sofa.

Uploaded all the sofa choices from local stores and ikea on my photobucket page: http://s277.beta.photobucket.com/user/nekonekolacus/story/5647

As we are under budget, I prefer white leather sofa, but all those I found are either uncomfortable or too expensive.
So I'm debating between getting a white fabric sofa OR get a nice leather/bonded leather sofa in dark tone.

We want the room to look modern, yet relaxed. White seems the best choice, but if a dark sofa could create this cool feeling, that would be great too.

We have wood floor, we are not planning to put any rugs.
Thank you for your suggestion!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Dark sofa visually grounds the room and require less maintenance compared with a white sofa.
March 15, 2013 at 5:30PM     
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
swpreservation
If you do dark I'd get something with a little texture or interest, not just solid plain very dark. Or maybe consider a mid- tone taupe or nice gray. Then you can add pillows with a geometric or little color. And an area rug could also pull the grouping together- even simple fiber one if you don't want anything too much.
March 15, 2013 at 7:44PM     
More Discussions
Need help with the color of our sectional
Hi Fellow Houzzers!!! We decided that a sectional...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Minimal Traditional curb appeal help!
We just bought what I would describe as a Minimal Traditional...
Just want a place that's relaxing!
Being a junior in highschool is stressful with lots...
Window treatment help.
Hello there! I need help for a good window treatment....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™