Kitchen backsplash
saraindc
Looking for some backsplash ideas for my kitchen. The granite is Kashmire White, cabinets and floors are stained cherry, and all the appliances are stainless steel. I was hoping to take the backsplash up and around the kitchen window sill. Thanks!
Kathleen Amatangelo
The cranberries in the granite are lovely, and pick up the color of you cabinets, using that color again would diminish the effective pop of color. I would consider glass tiles. Barrow a selection from a tile store and live with them up against your wall for a few days. I really like your cabinets and handles. Have you considered have the granite replace the wood window sill over the sink?
March 15, 2013 at 6:22PM   
Mega Builders
The challenge here is the 4" splash already in place.
I think anything you use for a backsplash on top of the existing would look off.
I would suggest removing the 4" piece and either going full splash with the same material, or using some nice glass tile, starting from the counter proper.
March 15, 2013 at 6:23PM     
Alex Glasure
I think using a glass tile that pulls out the red in your counter and ties in the cherry cabinets would look great. But the backsplash that is already there will create an undesirable look of disconnect. I suggest removing that.
March 15, 2013 at 6:27PM   
saraindc
Is it hard to remove the granite little backsplash?
March 15, 2013 at 6:31PM   
jdmaher
You can go with virtually anything, but I also like the idea of glass tiles. Any neutral palette will work. I agree that you should consider getting rid of the "lip" of granite. Also, wrapping the entire window in whatever file you choose could be a beautiful effect.
March 15, 2013 at 6:31PM     
Hansgrohe District Sales Manager/Long Island
I would recommend a glass natural stone combination something with a reddish stone to pick up the cabinets and countertop the glass stone combination will keep with the transitional style of the kitchen. I agree as well with putting the tile around the entire window area
March 15, 2013 at 6:40PM     
jannnnn
i would do something neutral- like a nice glass sub way or grey-white marble or white subway-
March 15, 2013 at 6:50PM   
saraindc
I was thinking about marble with white and a little sparkle. It's hard to tell in the pic but the granite has these garnets and white sparkles in it. I was worried about mixing marble and granite so I've been leaning towards glass, but it does look beautiful. I took some photos at Home Depot but not sure any of these work.
March 15, 2013 at 6:55PM   
EN Architects
Small scale white/grey glass tile. I wouldn't introduce another color in the mix.
March 15, 2013 at 7:00PM   
Design & Decor By Shelley
Hi saraindc, You certainly do not have to remove your granite backsplash to create a beautiful backsplash with a complementary tile application..
I have attached a few pictures to show you how to coordinate the two applications together..
March 15, 2013 at 7:05PM     
Barbara Latz
We have the same granite..I chose a white subway tile and glass mosaic trim..used gray grout to pull the gray from the granite. Here is a pic
March 15, 2013 at 7:12PM     
saraindc
Thank you!
March 15, 2013 at 7:20PM   
AMN
Cool cream subway tiles like in: Potomac, MD (Kinda hard to see, but that's the beauty of it. Calmer is better with Kashmir White)

Stainless backsplash might be another option. Shore House

This one's pretty and fresh: Cabbagetown

Another Kashmir White Granite Island
March 15, 2013 at 7:48PM     
Ivette SA
The granite looks like my kitchen but is white wood I add marble And I love my kitchen
March 15, 2013 at 9:08PM     
Kitchen backsplash ideas??
Need help deciding on a backsplash in our kitchen....
This house needs your attention please !!!!
Our house needs serious help , facelift , exterior...
Help picking shade of gray to incorporate retro green sofa.
I need help picking the right shade of gray to go with...
Curtain window
I want to ask about the distance that should be left...
best edge for honed caesarstone?
I think the caesarstone honed pebble gray looks like...