Ideas for a bathroom that is only 8'4x8'4
mikeyrosie000
March 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm looking for ideas as to what would works best for our bathroom. I'm wanting to put a two man soaker tub and also a seamless glass shower that is glass on two sides. Something like this picture but am pretty sure there won't be enough room unless I get a short tub which I'm not to fond of.....any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Can you afford to turn a 'L' tub shower combo. A two person tub is going to be 6 footer, plus a usable shower on the same wall is going to be difficult. Toilet, sinks, window, and door location obviously need to be considered. A photo or floor plan would be helpful
   March 15, 2013 at 7:32PM
mikeyrosie000
This is the layout I have to work with...the problem is I will loose 4" of wall since they need to put in a frost wall
   March 15, 2013 at 7:41PM
PRO
How about a huge custom tub, with duel shower heads, or nix the tub and go with a resort style shower. Same location as the tub shower wall currently shown. Plumbing is already there ;)
   March 15, 2013 at 7:45PM
mikeyrosie000
I can't afford a custom tub :-)
I could never just do a shower, I love to soak in a nice tub with a bottle of wine lol
1 Like   March 15, 2013 at 7:49PM
PRO
" I can't afford a custom tub" How do you know. If you are not opposed to the idea I offered, consider this. First you are not purchasing a tub. You have to pay for a professionally prepared, waterproofed custom shower anyway. Glass placement could be minimal to maximum. I'm throwing out these options because as you stated originally, you don't have the room for what you want
1 Like   March 15, 2013 at 7:58PM
mikeyrosie000
Would it look funny to put a stand alone tub next to the shower to save a bit of room?
   March 15, 2013 at 8:05PM
mikeyrosie000
As far as the shower goes ill only have to pay for the custom glass since I will install the tiling and will prep it all myself. The custom tub response was because I do not want a tile roman tub so I would have to get an acrylic custom or something similar which I'm not ready to put into the budget. A you said I wouldn't know for sure of the price of a custom bath but I imagine its more then I can consider
   March 15, 2013 at 8:09PM
PRO
No, stand alones are used all the time and yes, it saves some space, but I still think you are limited to a single person tub. If you go stand alone, then consider making that entire side of the bathroom, a "wet room"
   March 15, 2013 at 8:12PM
backbonemountain
Get a hot tub for the back yard. I have a Hot Springs 3 person tub that is best for no more than 2 people. I like it best all by myself! They are easy to care for and run about $5500.
   March 15, 2013 at 8:13PM
PRO
   March 15, 2013 at 8:15PM
Brenda Fisher

I think stand alone won't save you any space. Something like this with the glass shower wall built out around tub will save you space but you may have to switch vanity and toilet location for better floor space. Love the idea this is what we are doing but we have a bit more space thankfully. Interesting challenge, have fun.
   March 15, 2013 at 10:32PM