Painting outside of house
peg_yoga
need some help deciding between sherwin williams paint "macadamia" and "Whole Wheat" for the outside of my home. Leaning towards macadamia right now, but would like some opinions please.
Rockin' Fine Finish
Are those the only choices would you be open to gray or green ?
March 16, 2013 at 7:43am   
apple_pie_order
Whole wheat looks just a bit darker than Macadamia on my screen. Will you be continuing with off white trim where the stone-looking areas are? Is the door black?
March 16, 2013 at 7:57am   
peg_yoga
Could you please suggest a gray or green color for me to check out? Thank you.
The whole wheat is more gold, macadamia is more taupe, maybe with a little greenish tint? The trim will be white (repainted), my husband already picked it up:( Roof is brown/cinnamon color and door is kind of mahogany color. Also, not sure if we are paining stucco, which is on front and sides of house...did not get a price on that yet. Also, my neighbor claims it's not good to paint stucco more than once. Do you know if there is any truth to that? If we don't paint stucco, we would still need to paint 3 boards on front of house that kind of make a cross (I have already put a paint strip of each of these 2 colors, you can see in pic of front of house). This makes it kind of tricky, because I am trying to find a color that looks ok with existing stucco color (very pale yellow) and something for the back of house that I guess should blend with stucco. Probably would be a lot smarter and easier (although more expensive:)) to paint the WHOLE house instead of just parts here and there, right? Thank you so much for your opinions!
March 16, 2013 at 8:59am   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Pewter gray from Sherwin is nice it's a midtone
March 16, 2013 at 9:01am   
peg_yoga
Is pewter gray a new color?....can't seem to find it...
March 16, 2013 at 9:10am   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Sw7376
March 16, 2013 at 9:12am   
Denice Shuty
Forget trying to pin down exact colors from a photo on a computer or from virtual paint samples -an exercise in futility. We can talk about general shades, but the only way to settle on an exact color is to get actual samples, paint them on some spare sheets of plywood or foam core, and stand them up against your building. Then look at the samples at different times of the day and with differing amounts of sunlight. There's no reliable shortcut to that process.
March 16, 2013 at 9:14am     
Rockin' Fine Finish
7673 sorry
March 16, 2013 at 9:16am   
apple_pie_order
In our area, we can paint original stucco many times. The houses are 50-70 years old. Your stucco may be a different thing, of course.

Your samples already painted on will be useful. You can paint larger samples.

The two or six standard white paint colors that are stocked ready made (and are freshly bought and unopened) can be exchanged at most paint stores, in my experience, should you change your mind about which white you want. Of course, custom colors cannot be returned or exchanged if they mixed them correctly.
March 16, 2013 at 9:28am   
icarusfaison
My suggestion is: house Tabu 412-3 and trim Soft Suede 313-3. It will look fabulous and you must consider your roof color. These are PG Porter paint colors and I am sure Sherman Williams can match them. I hope this helps.
March 16, 2013 at 9:37am   
Rockin' Fine Finish
What about briarwood it's mostly gray with a hint of brown its from Benjamin Moore with a cream trim and a dark charcoal gray door
March 16, 2013 at 11:56am   
peg_yoga
thank you all for great suggestions....the front door is new and cannot be painted. We have strong afternoon sun exposure on front side, so we purchased a door that would stand the sun and not need painting
March 16, 2013 at 12:13pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
What kind or door is that ?
March 16, 2013 at 12:16pm   
peg_yoga
wellllll.....I'll have to dig out paperwork...we purchased at Lowes
March 16, 2013 at 12:20pm   
soberg
Strongly recommend a bolder color than the pale yellow, which washes out all the beautiful bold detail such as your quoins. Gray, sage green, slatey blue, or forest might all look incredible.
March 16, 2013 at 12:22pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
Ok just wondering no worries thanks I hope those paint colors helped I think with your home it's a good thing to use darker colors instead of lighter colors
March 16, 2013 at 12:22pm   
peg_yoga
would the briarwood color work with the brown/cinnamon roof and mahogany door??
March 16, 2013 at 12:30pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
I think it would compliment the home very nicely. Trim make it a cream color to tie it all together. Buy samples of multiple colors and paint them on different spots of the house.
March 16, 2013 at 12:41pm   
painting the outside trim of my house
I need help I love Asian styles my siding is a light...
Painting outside of house
Need help with ideas to paint the white posts and trim....
HELP what color to paint the outside of our house
My wife and I are going insane looking and applying...
need ideas on paint color for the outside of the house
I was thinking of going yellow with white trim and...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
How should I bring some life and spunk in this room?
I live in an apartment in Mumbai, Infia. Here, like...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
When to think about aging in place?
We are planning a major home remodel, including the...
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...