Need help with my living room
elsramirez
I am awful when it comes to decorating. I need help decorating my very small living room. Overall I think the set up of my living room is very weird and I have a hard time trying to work with it. I am not happy with my current sectional, but at this time I will not be replacing it. I'm thinking of a new area rugs and panels. An suggestions on colors that would match the sectional. Also the chandelier on top of the console table will not be staying. That use to be our small dinning area
elsramirez
Here's another pic.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 10:00PM
Vivian Rase
Thats a tough one. It's almost as if your living room is a walkway to the kitchen. If it were me I'd experiment with floating the sofa in the room in order to make it look less like the traffic pattern and more like a room. It's hard to say, but from what I see, pulling the sofa out and placing it with the back toward the dining area might work. Traffic would be diverted on the perimeter of the seating area. Then you could mount the tv on the small wall that you now have artwork. I love some of the new orangey colors...persimmon, coral for pillows and in the rug.
If you do float the sofa, I always think it looks more finished if you place a console table behind it. Then you could also add some lamps.
1 Like   March 15, 2013 at 10:52PM
Vivian Rase
Another rug and you might consider two rectangular ottomans in place of a coffee table.
0 Likes   March 15, 2013 at 11:00PM
elsramirez
Thank you for your suggestions Yes it is like a walkway. I absolutely hate it! This is our first home, but we definitely plan on moving into a bigger home in the next couple of years. As for now, I have to work with what I have. I will try to rearrange the furniture. I'm little confuse on what you said about the back of the couch facing the dining area. Do you mean the chaise or the other piece of the sectional?
1 Like   March 15, 2013 at 11:10PM
Vivian Rase
The sofa (larger section) would have the back to the dining area, making the chaise extend into the living room. But try other placements as well. Slip furniture movers beneath the legs and you can slide it into many positions, but the best view of a sofa generally is directly facing you. It would look nice to walk in from your front door with the sofa oriented toward you.
1 Like   March 15, 2013 at 11:48PM
Keitha
Here are a few rug suggestions
1 Like   March 16, 2013 at 12:21AM
Need help with my grey oak flooring for My Bed room, Hallway and Living room?
Jus decided with my grey oak flooring - now tooo confused...
tejupar
Need help deciding the color of my living room next to my bold dining room
My dining room is a lime green with a white accent...
Uva Sizer
Should you walk into the living or dining room from front door
The front room was the dining room and I am thinking...
cmgilli
glass tile directly over counter or over solid surface backsplash
We are planning to change our current laminate to a...
Kristie Petry
Where do you hang your holiday stockings?
If you hang stockings to be filled with treats and...
We're building a house with a two story living room and need lighting
We need a large chandelier, but it will be seen from...
bjdonofrio
Should I change my doors?
These are the doors in my house. They are scratched...
buthole888