Has anyone else bought this sofa and had troubles?
Helene Marie Taylor
March 16, 2013 in Photo Questions
We have high ceilings, standard doorway but two times RH had to come to deliver sofa and it wasn't until they charged us upwards of $300 more to disassemble from a contractor to fit in to our front door that we got this sofa. Damages prior to shipping has us having a Leather Doctor from RH come out to do repairs. What we are witnessing, however, (beyond this nightmare delivery scenario) is that the fill in the sitting cushions is about twice the height of this photo, so much so that my bode SLIDES OFF the sofa. I presume more fill is better than less and sitting will settle it, but as it's in a room with limited use I would imagine this overfill is going to be around for a while. It unmodernizes the sofa (it looks round in the pillows, not rectangular) and makes for a disappointing purchase.
elly8
I am considering this sofa and found your post useful. I'm wondering: Did you order it with extra stuffing or was it the standard cushion? The round look is bothersome to me too. Thanks.
January 18, 2014 at 9:53am   
Helene Marie Taylor
Hi Elly8, we ordered it as normal. I have found chronic issues with RH items (very long delivery times unless you order over the phone and get something from the warehouse, which is what I did for this item). They gave me a significant discount for the amount of problems we encountered with this items ($440 off). I can say it still doesn't look modern but we have a friend who is a furniture guy and said it's better to be over stuffed than under. I sincerely wish RH would figure out their production, quality control and delivery issues - they spend so much $$$ on advertising (have you seen their catalogues????!!! huge!) but less on delivery and quality control.
January 18, 2014 at 10:33am   
elly8
Thanks so much for the info. Most helpful.
January 18, 2014 at 12:23pm   
fourten1j
Hi Helene, I'm considering getting this sleeper sofa, too. After reading your review, I think I may lean towards doing the down fill instead of standard. Could you comment on the sleeper? What kind of mattress is it, and is it comfortable? Thanks!
May 11, 2014 at 1:54am   
Modular Kitchen
These days coloured panels are used on drawers. Any...
Backsplash tile w granite
Having to pick granite and backsplash from afar. Granite...
Something missing in my living room
We live in a new house and our furniture is new, too....
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...
Bathroom Vanity Mirror Size and Frame Colour
I am having a mirror made for the area above the vanity...